Photo
- - - - -

Aniracetam and Extra Choline

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:38 AM

I already know that when one uses Piracetam, it is best to supplement extra Choline. (CDP or AGPC) However, is the same true for Aniracetam and if so, how would the amount of extra Choline vary?

#2 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:30 PM

Supplement a form a choline with any 'racetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:23 AM

Should I start with the same amount of CDP-Choline as with Piracetam? Also, is Aniracetam synergistic with Piracetam?

#4 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:44 AM

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this. What should the CDP Choline to Aniracetam ratio usually be? I know for Piracetam it is usually 1:5.

#5 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

It is kind of different for everyone. Experiment with it and see what you like. It is pretty obvious after a couple of weeks at a constant dose if you have too much/little acetylcholine.

#6 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

shepard is right.

I've got a bottle of A-GPC just sitting there because the last thing I need is more Choline given my current noot stack (1.6g Pir, 1.5g Ani, Ortho-Mind, etc.) and diet. It seems that the 500mg of CDP in OrthoMind(x6) is good for me. Adding the A-GPC just made me tense and aggitated.

#7 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

WOW, that's not a lot of choline considering your amount of Piracetam and Aniracetam. If we count 1.5g of Aniracetam as 4.5g of Piracetam, due to the greater potency, the ratio is 500 mg of CDP Choline for 6,100 mg of Piracetam. That is 0.08. According to Life Mirage, the usual Choline ratio for Piracetam is 0.2. I NEED to know the usual ratio of CDP Choline to Aniracetam. Otherwise, all this math is useless, since I don't think just converting Aniracetam to 3x as much Piracetam is really accurate. Sure there will be some individual variation anyway, but there has to be some gereral base. For example: "You can't go lower than this and you can't go higher than that, see what works for you in between those two numbers."

#8 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

WOW, that's not a lot of choline considering your amount of Piracetam and Aniracetam.

You have not taken into account Ortho-Mind contains Huperzine A, which increases the effect of any acetylcholine precursor.....thus less choline precursor is needed.

#9 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, you're right. That probably more than makes up for it since it inihibits acetylcholinesterase.

#10 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

Otherwise, all this math is useless

I think that's close to the truth. I do not believe there's a hard and fast rule for this and only loose guidelines. If I took some of the stacks posted on this board, I'd either feel nothing or go insane. It seems very person specific. Even OrthoMind has a usage of 2 to 6 pills a day. Some people can't tolerate the 6 and need 3, while others need all 6. The old "inverted U" thing.

Have you actually tried any of these supps yet?

Frankly, the way I did it was through trial and error using the information I saw here. And then I asked for tweaking help once I had my "basics" down and had tried things myself. The noots were the hardest, but only took a few subjective observation weeks. Headache? Stiff neck? Agitated? Adjust.

The reason I have the A-GPC is because it seemed from reading the posts that I would need it. With my stack, I did not. If I up my Pir or Ani, I would try adding in A-GPC or CDP again.

What I wonder is why so few people have responded with what "works" for them. Are so few people taking racetams and choline on this board?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 ergosum

• 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:11 AM

You have not taken into account Ortho-Mind contains Huperzine A, which increases the effect of any acetylcholine precursor.....thus less choline precursor is needed.

Apart from acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like Hup-A (and Galantamine) amplifying the affects of acetylcholine precursors, one thing I've become curious about is why they are generally indicated ahead of the precursors when it comes to memory enhancement?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users