autoimmune encephalitis

encephalitis hashimotos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

I have autoimmune level thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPO). I was on antibiotics to treat Lyme disease for several months. During that time I developed elevated liver enzymes, and eventually my Dr. told me to stop antibiotics until my levels get back to normal. This was last week.

Over the past month or so, I've had increasing neurological symptoms I thought were Lyme related. Now I'm worried I have some sort of autoimmune encephalitis/encephalopathy. This can occur as result of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which I have.

I have some hydrocortisone that was rx'd to me by a naturopath for an adrenal issue. I hadn't taken it because I'm afraid of it making my Lyme and viral infections go crazy. Out of desperation I took some last Friday (5mg) which made me feel a bit better, then another 5mg yesterday.

I took 5mg today along with a tiny piece of cannabis oil (w/ THC) and a couple hours later I felt like all my symptoms were getting worse: headache, dizziness, dry nose/eyes/mouth, poor balance and depth perception, depression and anxiety.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

#2 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

Glucocorticoids decrease CB1 levels, and THC modulates glucocorticoid receptors, so I suspect a strong synergy here. And both reduce T cells by independent mechanisms.

Anyways, its not clear if this actually lessens the disease or just, as in the case of the cold and chicken soup, lessens the unpleasant immune response.

Edited by gamesguru, 17 May 2016 - 11:44 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: encephalitis, hashimotos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users