- - - - -

Questions about reward and motivation

mental health brain health

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Derin105

• 65 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

I've tried various drugs and supplements to increase my absolutely dead motivation and dulled emotions.

Including ssris, Tianeptine, and at least 50 different supplements.

Only 2 things have ever come close to helping me but have drawbacks.

Adderall and Marijuana.

Marijuana gives me motivation and eliminates anhedonia and blunted emotions completely but causes pretty severe anxiety in me.

Adderall does the same but causes a pretty severe crash but no anxiety.

My baseline mood and enjoyment is horrid.

What exactly do those 2 drugs specifically stimulate that help me so much

#2 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:55 PM

Vyvanse is like Adderall... Well more like Dexedrine... But is sustain release. Uses the body's breakdown of lysine and dextro-amphetamine to slow down the affects, make it all last longer. There are also sustain release capsules of Adderall which are sustained by slowing digestion.

You'll still have a crash, but much later in the day. By then, you can just have a cup of tea.

Here's a trick I did with Adderall in college. Always take it on an empty stomach, take a quarter pill (5mg quick release, crushed if you can stomach it), take a Tum and a small magnesium oxide tablet along with half a B/C vitamin complex. This reduces the side effects and increases absorption. Do this four or five times per day. Then you'll have leftovers for all nighters and times where you really need to cram.

Edited by devinthayer, 22 May 2016 - 04:03 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mental health, brain health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users