- - - - -

Mental disconnect = no thirst, no hunger

why no thirst

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

For at least 2 or 3 years i lost the ability to feel hunger and / or thirst. I have to adjust by body symptoms (ie. dry lips, fatigue, dizziness) and drink more water then or eat something.

Anyone knows what could cause this? How come i have no thirst?

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

You aren't the only one, but it appears to be extremely rare--

http://www.today.com...tors-1D80291398

#3 Dichotohmy

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

Hypothalamic dysfuction - its amazing how many things can be correlated to this brain region not working as it should. Also very interesting in how valproic acid use is linked to the condition of the boy in the link above. False, or premature signaling of fullness from the enteric nervous system may explain some of it as well.

I've also lost the ability to feel hunger, but I can still feel thirst just fine and appetite is the same as ever. I just never feel that sensation of hunger coming from my gut. Instead, when I eat it is out of a knowledge that I should eat something. Often this is to stave off hypoglycemia as I will be shaky, spaced out, or even nauseous from that before I ever feel the hunger signal from my gut.

Unlike the boy in the link, I will still eat of my own volition and even enjoy eating at times.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: why, no thirst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users