• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

PowDer City bans users who are asking for refunds - BUYERS BEWARE!!!

powder city

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ran

• 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

In the past I have had generally positive experience with Powder City, but since they removed Tianeptine about 3 months ago they have gone nuts. Like I don't know what they are smoking there :). Can you imagine to be requested to ship substandard product without stated potency on your own expense from Thailand to US after you found out that it's potency is considerably lower than that of other vendors? The shipping costs more than the refund!

Then, if that is not enough, they will ban you, because you were not satisfied with their initial refusal. They won't simply ban you either, they would put it in some politically-correct-like-looking wrap that simply says: we disdain you our customer, we don't need you, you need us, how dare you to ask for a refund. And how dare you not to follow our guidelines whereby we kindly allowed you to pay more for shipping than the value of the refund.

The fact that it comes from their supervisor and according to him approved by PC owner sounds even more aggravating.

I received the following e-mail from Powder City, which was rather shocking since I had been their customer for quite some time:

Your concerns were escalated to me to review and provide information on a resolution for you.

Are you are a customer oriented business? Yes, we are. Are you here to provide value and make your customers satisfied? Yes. ..We do require customers to send back unused product in order to process a refund.. ..In summary to this situation we are not issuing you a refund and we will no longer be continuing our business relationship with you..

Out of several products I purchased, I asked PC to provide a refund for Milk Thistle, because the potency is considerably weaker than offered by other providers, and the potency IS NOT being shown during the ordering process.

And, after reading that Tianeptine degrades after it solidifies I asked a refund for this too, as I couldn't use the product as intended.

I'm not however even complaining that they refused to provide refund or that they requested me to ship from Thailand on my own expense the Milk Thistle that has barely an effect, if any. They answered me in an angry, sarcastic and disdainful tone and banned me from you using PC due to asking for a refund! That's unheard of.

The e-mail history is available at this link:http://textuploader.com/53ryh

• Disagree x 1

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

Bummer! A reminder that Money Back Guarantees are rarely actually there for the benefit of the customer, they are marketing bait. They don't even honor them half the time. It's time to be smart consumers. Picking the cheapest vendor of a given Nootropic is not always the best call.

However, if you've been a pretty loyal customer of theirs for a while I would email them a few more times and ask to unban you.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Memma Almond

• 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

Shocking development. Powder City is my goto Noops site. Some business models are not sustainable, not because the model constrains business but because a decision-maker becomes myopic regarding the model's underlying assumptions. But I don't want to get into discussions about business strategy. It is their problem to solve. The lesson is not to implement a business policy and tweek it in a way that undermines customer loyalty. Maybe they need to hire more capable managers, or push decision-making to a higher level. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: powder city

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users