- - - - -

My derma stamp experiment

derma needle

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

I recently noticed forehead lines and creases between my eyes.  I would like them to not get worse so I am going to try derma stamping them.  I got a 1.0mm derma stamp named DRS dermaroller.  I'm not convinced it's real, because I saw them available on a website but the minmum order quantity was 5 having 36 needles each.  I found one separately on eBay but it said 40 needles.

I tried it on my arm first to make sure there was no weird response.

My forehead lines look like this

----- -----

-----------

-----------

-----------

The first time I did just part of the top one.  I just wanted to make sure in case my face blotches or something.  The next morning it was fine so I did the next line that night.  There were some red areas but I cleaned it off.  It doesn't hurt that much but it doesn't feel nice.

I'm going to do it once a month.  I'm taking Verisol along with needling.

Clean the derma stamp in rubbing alcohol for a while before using it.  I absolutely would post pics if I had some that looked right.

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Once a week for about 7 weeks is the standard treatment to be eventually repeated after a few months break.

If you want the treatment to produce the desired effect make sure to cause petechia (light bleeding of the treated area).

You have to be a bit aggressive, don't worry, no arm.

If too much discomfort to handle is experienced use a numbing cream like that used for tattoos.

• Cheerful x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

What source did you get once a week for 7 weeks from?  Most of what I've read says once a month.  Unless you're using under 1.0mm needle.

Write "no arm" in a different way, I was uncertain what you just discussed.

#4 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:23 PM

My source is my own experience with it which is quite vast...and if that is not enough to convince you here you have dermaneedling pioneer Dr. Desmond Fernandes:

Here you can watch how it has to be performed a correct dermarolling procedure:

And here you have your dermaroller:

http://www.ebay.com/...s6NA8CLbVcO-GHg

Missed an "h", it means "no harm". is it a big deal? :)

#5 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

That video seemed like a promotional clip rather than an actual discussion.

This video has them doing it right above the eye.

Right now I haven't noticed any changes however my forehead skin and lower back skin is super smooth and that is what happened last time I used verisol, too.

Edited by ironfistx, 07 July 2016 - 08:35 PM.

• dislike x 1

#6 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

I have to ask myself why I am wasting my time with you...

My videos are promotional clips while your is not, right? :)

You seem to know better therefore just go ahead your way and good luck.

#7 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:32 AM

My source is my own experience with it which is quite vast...and if that is not enough to convince you here you have dermaneedling pioneer Dr. Desmond Fernandes:

https://www.youtube....h?v=uLCJ5VHTfiY

Here you can watch how it has to be performed a correct dermarolling procedure:

https://www.youtube....h?v=yFNe2_9YJXs

And here you have your dermaroller:

http://www.ebay.com/...s6NA8CLbVcO-GHg

Missed an "h", it means "no harm". is it a big deal? :)

This ebay derma roller is recommended? the seller seems to sell fakes of other products...

#8 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

EBay Chinese sellers are almost all dropshippers, they don't even know what they are selling but are mostly extremely fair.

The same seller might sell both fakes and legit items since it makes no difference whatsoever to him, what matters is the correctness of the transaction.

I buy often from China and I always received what I paid for and anyway if you don't you'll get refunded.

Since it was time for me to buy new rolls I bought from the above seller, shipping will take a while, not arrived yet.

#9 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:46 PM

Apparently the video I posted was promotional, too.  It was amazing that they did above her eyes, though.

#10 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

That video is not about dermarolling, it is about supposedly improved cosmetics absorption by sort of dermarolling.

As you can see the needle are too short (0,75mm) and there is no pressure whatsoever applied leading to almost no penetration of the needles, the passages are way too few and you can easily notice not even a slight int of redness developing, that's not dermarolling.

Performed that way over the eyelids is not a big issue but absolutely useless too, to treat areas near the eyelids a derma stamp is way better than a roller, try both and you'll quickly understand why.

You can dermastamp quite close to the eyelids but directly over them is better to be left alone, the risk of injuring delicate tissues is too high and the benefits too little to be worth.

In order to be effective dermarolling has to be performed quite aggressively as showed in the second video I posted, otherwise don't complain it doesn't work.

Check out on a search engine who is Dr. Desmond Fernandes and watch again the video interview I posted listening carefully, his words are gold regarding dermarolling, by the way check out how old is he. :)

#11 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:14 AM

I have never seen anyone besides that guy say to do it more than once a month.  On most of the forums where someone says it didn't work for them, they say they were doing it every few days or every day and all the replies are like only do it once per month.

Between my eyes there are ones and was thinking about doing them again.  I only do each place like twice since I press it and then turn it a bit and do it again.  I don't want to do it too much because I feel like it will get the holes too in the vicinity of each other because what if the points go right by another hole and make it too big?

#12 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:55 AM

Not too long ago I did another session.  Maybe my upper right forehead line is getting less noticeable.

#13 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

aconita how old is he?

#14 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

Dr. Desmond Fernandes was born in Johannesburg, South Africa on 30th October 1942.

#15 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

Well... Dr. Desmond Fernandes looks in good health but when I imagine him with his actual hair colour, he looks perhaps a bit younger but not by much. He certainly looks like he's in his 60s.

I wonder when he started derma rolling because if he's been doing it for more than a decade, I would argue that dermarolling has little effect. This is based only from what I'm seeing of Dr. Desmond Fernandes in that video.

#16 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

For a 75 year old his skin looks in pretty amazing shape to me, i would like to see how those people always criticizing others achievements will look when at the same age...

Anyway to me Dr. Desmond Fernandes is a leading authority in dermarolling procedures, who doubt about that can easily do his own research about who he is and what is his background.

#17 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

I tried the new dermaroller from some posts ago, it works well, fewer needles means easier use and better penetration but...

The needles are much less triangular in shape compared to the other model but still triangular, I don't think that is a great deal of an issue.

After one use a close examination of the roller revealed very poor needle material, many are bent in all directions, some are bent just in the tip in an hook like shape (ouch!), the bends are so easily corrected with tweezers that obviously the material is really SOFT, needles feel sharp but the softness of the material suggests they wouldn't retain sharpness very long at all (apart from the bending which have to be corrected each time of use, a bit annoying considering how tiny they are).

Probably OK for one time use only but too low quality for repeated use.

I will try to find a better roller which doesn't cost an arm and a leg... 

#18 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

I executed my 3rd treatment the other day.  I was feeling like maybe my forehead lines were getting smaller until today.  Maybe I'm just low on water.  Or possibly it's because I treated recently and it hasn't repaired.

I have been doing it every 5 - 6 weeks.  I was thinking about doing it once a week for a couple weeks on one of my ones just to see if that makes a difference.  I pull my skin up before I do it but I wonder if the needles aren't piercing as deeply in the wrinkles as in the adjoining skin.

#19 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:38 AM

I am ending my experiment.  I think the lines on my forehead have gotten bigger.  Many of the reports online are of people who say they noticed more wrinkles after doing this, however most of them said they were doing it more than once a month.  It's been 3 months so I'm going to stop the treatments.  I have a theory on why it might make creases deeper.

Be nice with my MS Paint.  Here is a cross section of a wrinkle.

3bf5PSv.jpg

So you drag the skin up ahead of when you do a session so make things easier to press.

eQzkAGZ.jpg

The derma stamp is coming:

zaOokCE.jpg

The needles poke the skin:

3axMhyc.jpg

Because the wrinkle is deep, the needles don't fit down into the bottom of it and it never gets treated:

hNtBSu4.jpg

The skin grows everywhere the spikes went in, so it thickens all over above the wrinkle, but the wrinkle itself doesn't get any new skin, which makes the wrinkle look bigger.

7ft4FR6.jpg

I figure that single needling might be the way to go, and stabbing only the wrinkle.

Afz7P5J.jpg

But I'm not sure.  Think about it, though, and the edge of the derma stamp prevents it from going into the crease in your skin.

Edited by ironfistx, 27 September 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#20 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

I am ending my experiment.  I think the lines on my forehead have gotten bigger.  Many of the reports online are of people who say they noticed more wrinkles after doing this, however most of them said they were doing it more than once a month.  It's been 3 months so I'm going to stop the treatments.  I have a theory on why it might make creases deeper.

But I'm not sure.  Think about it, though, and the edge of the derma stamp prevents it from going into the crease in your skin.

Great reasoning. For what it's worth (I'm no expert but am interested in this area) I agree with it.

#21 ZuoCi

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

I am ending my experiment.  I think the lines on my forehead have gotten bigger.  Many of the reports online are of people who say they noticed more wrinkles after doing this

Indeed. The only people I've seen get better are people needling(not stamping or rolling). Rolling seriously f'ed up my under eye area(and this was ONE session). Now I do think these cheap $10 rollers/stamps probably make the problem even worse. But none of it is really ideal. I'm still planning to buy a derminator, but only because it's basically a 2mm needle, that can move very quickly because I don't have to plunge it in manually.

#22 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

What about a tattoo gun and then pulling the skin apart at the creases to get into the depressions? You could trace the line of the wrinkles from end to end and that way be sure you were hitting mostly the skin of the depression only.

#23 Kturner1990

• 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

I bought a needle for my derma pen that contains only one individual needle. which could resemble a tattoo gun. I'm going to try that on the wrinkles between my eyebrows and see if that works. 

• Agree x 1

#24 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

I bought a needle for my derma pen that contains only one individual needle. which could resemble a tattoo gun. I'm going to try that on the wrinkles between my eyebrows and see if that works. 

Go hard and go deep and then get back to us in a few months with a post on the subject. This is very interesting and the OP's observations are very good.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#25 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:37 PM

Which stores sell one needle?

#26 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:45 PM

The woman here says you can use a sewing needle.

Edited by ironfistx, 31 July 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#27 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users