72 replies to this topic

#61 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Maybe he's snorting his piracetam. He's prob taking 1 mg bumps of it :|o

#62 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

After have experiment with more larger dose ,my concentration seem have worsen again even without piracetam in my system .

Should i discontinue this or reduce to further dose to get neuroprotective effect (at cellular level )?,not much in nootropic effect lately .

I have walking problem with larger dose .

Edited by Nootropix, 04 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Not sure why some people come on here rubbishing our experiences. For whatever reason, the "standard" doses of the racetams are overwhelming for me. Granted, I can't even measure 1mg (my scale has a minimum of 10mg), so I'm not talking about such tiny doses of pir-, ani-, oxi- or prami-. Doses of around 50mg (less with prami-) seem to work for me, but they can easily accumulate. The exception is Noopept, where a quarter of a 10mg pill, i.e. 2.5mg, is plenty for me, and has powerful and long-lasting effects -- not always positive effects, unfortunately (very hit-and-miss). To Nootropix: if the larger doses aren't working for you again, reduce or stop for a while, to clear it out of your system.

#64 wesetmich@yahoo.com

• 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Consistency, consistency, consistency. Follow your daily regiment and Piracetam will change your life. Many want a quick fix and usually these drugs will offer a quick therapeutic benefit but the true life altering experiences you can achieve with racetams is based off consistent usage. Good Luck and enjoy the ride!
  • dislike x 2

#65 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Simply adrenal burn out or over stimulation to what ?

#66 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Simply adrenal burn out or over stimulation to what ?

do you supplement with choline?

if not, that would explain your brain fog, headaches, and "out of it" feeling

try fish oil and exercise

#67 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I was very sensitive to piracetam, so 300mg would be a dose that I can feel immediately maybe 30 mins after taking it and people online told me its impossible, its placebo and blablabla, I dont think so.

After throwing my piracetam 1600mg in the trash, I tried aniracetam a year or so later and it didnt give me this uneasy feeling that pira gave me.
But after running out of ani I ordered some pira from chzech again but I was smart enough to take the 800mg tabs with a groove in the middle this time.

Right now Im taking around 500mg of ani and 400mg of pira at the same time but I might try the real microdosing of around 100mg, Ill have to cut the damn tablets with a knife :ph34r:

I still find pira kind of dysphoric but together with the ani it works well.

People should be encouraged to lower their dosages by a lot from what is the "recommended" dose.

Edited by machete234, 15 December 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#68 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I still find pira kind of dysphoric but together with the ani it works well.

People should be encouraged to lower their dosages by a lot from what is the "recommended" dose.

Agreed! I decided to try piracetam again after my experiences of it making me very sleepy at standard doses, so I bought some Geratam brand from Hungary (Doc Simon), the one without the yellow colouring ('cos I thought the colouring might have been the problem). It arrived yesterday.

This time I was very cautious and took a tiny bite out of a corner of one 1200mg pill. It looks like one tenth of the pill, so about 120mg. Wham! Within 20-30 minutes I had that tingly feeling all over my brain and slight euphoria. Then about an hour later I began to feel "stuffy" in my head, and a little sleepy, but not so much as previously. Felt a bit "odd" for the rest of the day (not "enhanced", more just a bit dizzy). Went to bed at the usual time and had unusually vivid dreams all night. Woke up and felt great -- energized and focused. So now I need to work out how to get the positives without the negatives (stuffiness, dizziness, sleepiness) that I get about an hour after taking even these micro-doses of piracetam. NB this cannot be placebo/nocebo. The effects were very noticeable, and I know/recognize that initial piracetam euphoria/ brain tingle, which I don't get with any of the other nootropics except oxiracetam (but only if I hit some dosing sweet spot).

One disclaimer: I have been experimenting with micro doses of various nootropics on and off over the course of a year or so. I regularly consume small amounts of ani-, oxi-, prami- and noopept. Usually one day off, one day on, and doses that are so small most people on this forum would laugh. I don't know why I'm over-sensitive to normal doses, but I do know that the stuff accumulates in me -- maybe my kidneys can't get rid of it easily. So my piracetam experiment of yesterday comes on top of a fully primed system (2.5mg noopept, two days earlier, and lucidril the day before).

#69 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Agreed! I decided to try piracetam again after my experiences of it making me very sleepy at standard doses, so I bought some Geratam brand from Hungary (Doc Simon), the one without the yellow colouring ('cos I thought the colouring might have been the problem). It arrived yesterday.

Yes it was from doc simon, I tried the geratam last year now I have the ratiopharm 800mg because getting small doses from the 1200mg pills is a bit harder to do.
I still cap the split tablets in 00 caps because they can be a bit sharp

Microdosing ani seemed to make me sleepy when I went below 200mg and anything above 600mg was a bit too much for me.
400mg of pira allready gives me the blood flow to the head feeling you get from gingko or even alcohol for example when drinking a shot.

I cant really say if the pira microdose is also making my mood worse (I sure am sleepy enough because of the early sunset)

Edited by machete234, 18 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#70 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Bump! Sorry if this topic was forgotten and buried...

Would like to know if anyone here continued the micro/low dose scheduling with Piracetam and had some success!

Anyone?

#71 mission780

• 71 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've just read this thread and I am going to try to reduce my dose from 800mg/day to 400mg and see what happens. Although I am not expecting too much as neither 800 nor 1600mg/day ever gave me very noticeable results.

#72 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Im done with piracetam for good it always gave me depression which is an unbelievably bad feeling that normal people (like me) have a hard time understanding.
Now I do know how it is like, luckily it vanishes after a few days without piracetam.

Edited by machete234, 06 December 2013 - 05:09 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#73 JohnBonham

• 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:38 AM

I recently acquired German pharmaceutical 1200mg Piracetam. I wanted to start on the conservative size of the dosing range so I took 600mg 2x/day. I had bad side effects like depression, irritability, and poor driving.

So I cut the dose in half, to 300mg 2x/day. This still resulted in irritability, but wow did I feel the effect! I know for sure that this is not a placebo effect. But there were some side effects after a week- I was losing sleep and waking up groggy. (Effects were beyond placebo at about 1 week). 

Now I am taking 150mg 2x/daily and still feel my performance has been enhanced. So much so that I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW PEOPLE ARE TAKING SO MUCH!!! It has been shown that the higher the dose, the lower the amount of time that the drug has therapeutic effects. I think the reason why so many people lose the effect is they take WAY TOO DAMN MUCH because supplement companies and pharma companies want to sell as much as possible- also, they are in the business of MAGIC INSTA-CURES. So their dosage is probably in the high range- meaning it takes effect quickly, but benefits also cease more quickly.

In conclusion, don't trust everything you read on the forums. 150mg x2 is PLENTY. Side effects are now minimal. I hope to cycle this 2 weeks on // 2 weeks off for years. And I hope people out there can read this and avoid taking such high doses! These are drugs for people with severe mental problems- as a healthy human, you only need a fraction of the dose to obtain a benefit. I know this goes against some of the "conventional wisdom" around here, but remember: You Never Know Who Is Shilling For Supplement Companies. 

Edited by JohnBonham, 24 August 2015 - 06:39 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users