Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam and Diarrhoea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tracer

• 150 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:21 AM

Hi there guys. I wonder if anyone has had any stomach upsets from Piracetam/Alpha GPC/Idebenone stacks. I have had the runs for a week now, since I started on the nootropics. My doses are (per day, divided doses 3x a day)

Piracetam 3840mg/d
Idebenone 120mg/d
Alpha GPC 480mg/d

I am also taking a variation on the Anarchy Stack consisting of:

ALCAR 3000mg/d
K-R-Alpha Lipolic Acid 600mg/d

I have started drinking a bit of green tea in the last two days, but the upset stomach pre-dates that.

All my powders were from Bulk Nutrition and I capped them myself...

Any suggestions or help?

#2 tracer

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:38 PM

Just so I don't seem like a COMPLETE moron, I am aware that one of the commonest sides of Piracetam is "the runs" ...

I'm just interested in knowing if anyone else has had a bad, bout of diarrhoea from this, and does it subside with prolonged use?

Is it dose-dependant? Could I hypothetically run Aniracetam/Oxiracetam (which, as I understand it don't have diarrhoea as a common side) along with a reduced dose of Piracetam? I was thinking of knocking it down to 1000mg/day and making up the difference from Oxiracetam and Aniracetam. How much would be equivalent?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

I'm taking about 2.5g of piracetam powder dissolved in 1.5oz of water. When I first started I would gulp it down before breakfast, and add coffee on top. That definitely gave me the runs. Once I figured out that it was the piracetam, I began drinking it along with my breakfast i.e. not on an empty stomach; and the runs went away.

Incidentally, I take 2.5g at breakfast along with 1.5g of aniracetam. Mid-morning I take 1.6g of oxiracetam. In mid-afternoon I take (caps) another 1.6g of piracetam. So ... no "hypothetical" answer, yes, you can take any mixture of the 'racetams that you like.

#4 tracer

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:35 PM

Thanks rFarris. Your help is appreciated. But like the noob I am, I have more questions -

Is there any optimal ratio for combining the 'racetams?

Is there any equivalent dosage between them?

Also, I take it that Oxiracetam and Aniracteam don't cause the same upset tummy? Correct?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

Dosing 'racetams is very personal. It depends on your metabolism and your choline dosing. No one can tell you how to dose your 'racetams. You'll have to experiment until you find the ratios you like. It took me almost three months to optimize things. I mentioned my own ratios simpy as something you might consider starting with. You'll know when you get it right.

I don't believe that any of the three 'racetams cause "upset tummy." In my case large amounts of piracetam powder dissolved in water caused my bowels to turn to water. It never made my stomach hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users