Photo
- - - - -

Vitalux Eye Vitamins

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:30 PM

My grandfather has macular degneration and I spotted these hanging around his place:

http://www.vitaluxvi.../en/index.shtml

Obviously, they aren't going to cure his macular degeneration, but do these look like a quality enough vitamin for someone looking to protect eye health?

thanks

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

It doesn't look that great to me, I would supplement with zeaxanthin, lutein, bilberry, vinpocetine, and blueberry for a good preventative stack. That, and some n-acetyl-carnosine eye drops if you want to take it one step further. I remember atleast one other thread on this board about eye health. I'm sure you'll find it if you look a few pages back.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mitkat

• Topic Starter
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Thanks shepard. It has some lutein in it, only 3mg I think, and I take vinpocetine already. But those others look great.

Would you consider the NAC drops to be overkill? At least, financially speaking? I don't have any major eye problems, besides wearing glasses (that I know of).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:46 PM

The N-A-C drops would probably depend on your age and the current state of your eyes. I personally don't use them, but I'm still young and don't have any vision issues. I would implement the others first, as they have other health benefits as well. If you ever have to use regular OTC eye drops for redness/dryness/whatever, you might look into getting some of the drops just to use once in a while instead of the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users