Photo
- - - - -

Pramiracetam specs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simplyplacid

• 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:20 AM

any specific info/ expirences on pramiracetam?

#2 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

it is likely to be powerfull for motivation and tolerance is not likekly to devlope.
never used it . just read fwe forum about it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

Systemic administration of pramiracetam increases
nitric oxide synthase activity in the cerebral cortex of the rat
by
Corasaniti MT, Paoletti AM, Palma E,
Granato T, Navarra M, Nistico G.
Faculty of Pharmacy,
University of Reggio Calabria,
Catanzaro, Italy.
Funct Neurol 1995 May-Jun;10(3):151-5

ABSTRACT

The effect of systemic administration of pramiracetam on neuronal type nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity and NOS mRNA expression were studied in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex in rats. A dose of 300 mg/kg (i.p.) of this nootropic produced an approximately 20% increase in NOS activity in rat brain cortical homogenates but not in hippocampal homogenates; no significant changes were observed in NOS mRNA expression in the cortex and hippocampus. A lower dose of pramiracetam (100 mg/kg i.p.) was ineffective on NOS mRNA expression and enzyme activity. Interestingly, administration of pramiracetam (300 mg/kg i.p.) in rats pretreated (24 h before) with lithium chloride (LiCl) (3 mEq/kg i.p.) yielded a 40% increase in cortical NOS activity. However, in LiCl-pretreated rats this nootropic failed to affect cortical NOS mRNA expression; LiCl (3 mEq/kg i.p.) given alone produced no effect. In conclusion, the present data demonstrate that pramiracetam given alone or in combination with LiCl increases NOS activity in brain cortical homogenates of rats and this may contribute to the mechanisms underlying learning and memory improvement produced by this nootropic.

Placebo-controlled study of pramiracetam in young males with memory and cognitive problems resulting from head injury and anoxia
by
McLean A Jr, Cardenas DD, Burgess D, Gamzu E.
Neuro Care Inc., Seattle, Washington.
Brain Inj 1991 Oct-Dec; 5(4):375-80

ABSTRACT

The current study evaluated under double-blind placebo-controlled conditions, the safety and efficacy of 400 mg pramiracetam sulphate TID in treating memory and other cognitive problems of males who have sustained brain injuries. The results of the study indicate that subject performance in measures of memory, especially delayed recall, evidenced clinically significant improvements after the administration of pramiracetam sulphate as compared to placebo. This improvement was maintained during an 18-month open-trial period on the medication as well as during a 1-month follow-up period after the pramiracetam was discontinued.

Pramiracetam effects on scopolamine-induced
amnesia in healthy volunteers
by
Mauri M, Sinforiani E, Reverberi F, Merlo P, Bono G.
Dept. of Neurology, C. Mondino Foundation,
University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy.
Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 1994 Mar-Apr;18(2):133-9.

ABSTRACT

Pramiracetam has been evaluated for its potential antiamnesic properties in scopolamine-induced amnesia in healthy volunteers. Two groups of twelve males, 18-42 and 55-65 years old, respectively, were randomly assigned to oral treatment with pramiracetam (600 mg twice a day) or with placebo for 10 consecutive days. On day 11 each subject was injected intramascularly with scopolamine hydrobromide (0.5 mg). Before scopolamine injection and then 1, 3 and 6 h after it, subjects were administered the following psychometric tests: simple and choice visual reaction times, digit symbol substitution test, Rey's 15 words test for short and long term verbal memory. Scopolamine significantly impaired episodic memory and selective attention tests in both scopolamine and placebo groups. Instead visuo-motor and incidental learning measures were unaffected. Pramiracetam, when compared to placebo, was able to partially reduce the amnesic effects induced by scopolamine both in young and old subjects.

Individual differences of action between Piracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracetam, and Aniracetam are often subtle, and in many studies they show similar modes of action. One intriguing benefit I have seen reported only for Pramiracetam, is its ability to increase goal directed and purposive behavior (Branconnier 1983). After trying Pramiracetam in my regimen several years ago. I did notice an increase in my tendency to quickly take care of routine household, auto and personal maintenance chores I habitually tended to ignore, avoid or postpone.

I have taken Piracetam for eight years, Pramiracetam and Aniracetam for the past two years and Oxiracetam for about 9 months. During the past year, my lifelong severe writer's block has gradually disappeared, and my writing output of the past year has exceeded that of the previous decade. Some studies on dementia comparing Piracetam and Oxiracetam (the two most nearly identical racetams). have suggested that Oxiracetam may be more effective in restoring the cognitive deficits of dementia (decreased memory, concentration and alertness), while Piracetam may be more effective at normalising the emotional problems of dementia (agitation, tension-anxiety, hostility, insomnia, uncooperativeness).

Quantitatively, Piracetam is the least potent racetam, with clinical doses typically being 2400 mg to 4800 mg per day, occasionally even 6000 mg to I0,000 mg per day.

Oxiracetam is usually given 500 mg to 2400 mg per day. Aniracetam doses are typically 750 mg to 1500mg per day, while Pramiracetam has shown benefit even at 150 mg to 500 mg per day, although 600 mg to 1500 mg per day is more typical.

Piracetam and Oxiracetam are highly water soluble (96-98%), while Aniracetam and Pramiracetam are more fat soluble. Their lipophilicity may allow for less frequent dosing (once or twice daily) with Aniracetam and Pramiracetam, compared to 3 to 4 doses a day with Piracetam and Oxiracetam.
Aniracetam is favored by the Japanese, who have contributed much research on it.  It is widely used there as an agent to rapidly promote clarity of thought.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 hughchi

• 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

According to Smart Drugs and Nutrients by Ward Dean, M.D., the effects of Piracetam can be enhanced by the additional ingestion of Hydergine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users