- - - - -

Gene testing?

genetic testing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:52 AM

What's a good (quality) gene testing source? I want to get genetic testing (or have my genes sequenced-- whatever the correct term is), such that I can see if I have predispositions to anything, and to have my genetic structure be known to me, such that I can assess research and better apply it to myself (recognizing an MTHFR issue, or the MET/MET genotype, etc). It would also be cool to have to then be able to see my ancestry (ethnicities present), etc.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

I think most people start with www.23andme.com.  However, it is not a straight genome sequence.  It's the SNPs.  But will probably give you 80-90% of what you are looking for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

I second 23andme. If you want your full genome sequenced however, it is roughly x10 the price of 23andme, so it depends on your wallet and how much detail you want.

#4 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

23andme is useless for any serious testing, I think. snps are so tiny a part of your genome that it's not worth much and they don't even test all snps

https://www.fullgenomes.com/ provides full genomes with software and a harddisk shipped to you, but I've never used their service so can't speak..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

Is that for men only?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genetic testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users