• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

kratom ban

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

Not to be outdone by the UK, the DEA is now banning kratom, which has many uses, including as a nootropic--

In late August, the Drug Enforcement Administration announced its intent to classify kratom in the same category as heroin and LSD by the end of September. Since then, the place Rowland orders from online has been sold out. Rowland says she's in pain and she is angry. She has plenty of company.

In a YouTube video, a veteran shakes a bottle he says contains prescription opioids he has been given for pain. "This," he says, "is not Schedule I."

"Do I seem angry?" he continues, "Yes. Because you're taking away a right that I fought for. When I did my tour in Iraq, I fought for my right to be in America and be able to help myself, to cure myself. I'm not talking about snorting cocaine, shooting up heroin, I'm not even talking about puffing a joint. I'm talking about brewing some tea leaves, having a sip and feeling better."

They do these dictatorial things by themselves, and there's nothing citizens can do about it.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 13 September 2016 - 01:13 PM.

• Informative x 2

#2 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:58 PM

i am not entirely clear as to how this fits the category of "risk & survival  "   Though i have never tired kratom.

[mod]MODERATOR: correct. moved[/mod]

Edited by caliban, 17 October 2018 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users