• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Vorinostat

hdac inhibitor hdaci hdac fear extinction learning memory long-term memory vorinostat saha

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#61 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:40 AM

I'm in for 2 g if there's still space (please let me know if I'm in or not).

#62 oipoistar

• 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

I'm also in for 2 grams so please notify if i can proceed with payment. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hi Evan, could you maybe post the offer of the supplier? Thanks.

#64 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Are there plans to get the product tested btw (sorry if I missed something) ?
Thanks a lot for organizing this!
  • Agree x 1

#65 taohansen

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:46 PM

I should have the cash for this Friday if that's okay. If you need it by tomorrow, let me know and I'll make magic.

#66 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

Sent

#67 Jet

• 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hi Evan, just sent it through Paypal. 

Edited by Jet, 25 November 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#68 gedanken

• 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

I sent the payment a couple days ago through paypal. Posting here just to give a heads up. Once again, thanks for doing this.

Edited by gedanken, 25 November 2016 - 12:27 PM.

#69 Isak2044

• 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

So what's the due date for the payement, can't really transfer money now since Im at the cabin.

#70 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

Are the effects of this compund long-term or does the fear / phobias come back after you stop taking it? Couldn't find any info about this anywhere.

Thanks

#71 Water Buffalo

• 36 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:13 PM

Sent

#72 StabMe

• 35 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:13 PM

$90 sent.

Отправлено с моего SM-G930F через Tapatalk

#73 StabMe

• 35 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

BTW, can you dissolve the powder in water/vodka? Makes it easier for dosing.

#74 Brazzo

• 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

I want 2g (instead of 1g) and just sent the money via paypal.

#75 DrunkDemon

• 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Interested in 1g if spaces are still available.

#76 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:47 PM

I'm in for 2 g if there's still space (please let me know if I'm in or not).

I'm also in for 2 grams so please notify if i can proceed with payment. 

Interested in 1g if spaces are still available.

Yes, there's space for all of you.

Evan

#77 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

I should have the cash for this Friday if that's okay. If you need it by tomorrow, let me know and I'll make magic.

So what's the due date for the payement, can't really transfer money now since Im at the cabin.

I'd like to make the order by Dec 1st if I can.

Are the effects of this compund long-term or does the fear / phobias come back after you stop taking it? Couldn't find any info about this anywhere.

Thanks

Hey Kieran, there's some discussion about this here and here, as well as in my Reddit post here. Essentially if you take a high enough dose (would be around 50mg or so) your fear/phobia memories will be overpowered by the current non-fear-inducing moment and will not resurface. This is a matter of equilibrium, however, so the dosage is key. Weak HDAC inhibitors create the fear extinguishing effect, but there is relapse. Vorinostat in the higher dosage range (15-100mg) will be able to prevent relapse. This is why HDAC inhibitors are being studied so strongly for PTSD right now... the kinds of fear memories they have are so powerful no amount of therapy can get rid of them. HDAC inhibitors, however, are able to enhance memory transcription and give one the power to overcome them, quite efficiently, actually.

#78 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

Are there plans to get the product tested btw (sorry if I missed something) ?
Thanks a lot for organizing this!

You know I've been debating this. I wasn't going to, but with this group buy as big as it has gotten I'm looking into the cost of testing and how long it would take. The thing is, though, vorinostat isn't a new compound by any means, and is in fact a pharmaceutical that is FDA approved and prescribed by doctors, so suppliers are used to adhering to pharmaceutical standards for vorinostat. In my opinion, we don't need to test it as there is a lot of competition surrounding vorinostat, but if it would be quick and cheep, or if enough people would really like it done, I'll get it done. I'm in contact with a company I was referred to right now about it.

BTW, can you dissolve the powder in water/vodka? Makes it easier for dosing.

Copied this from lc labs: Soluble in DMSO at 66 mg/mL; soluble in ethanol at 2 mg/mL with slight warming; very poorly soluble in water. I looked elsewhere and this seems to all be correct.

Sooooo, hmmm, I don't see any salts listed for it... I'm a big fan of DMSO, but I wouldn't use it with vorinostat. Vorinostat is likely soluble in propylene glycol, to what degree I don't know. One could theoretically do a solubility test with it and propylene glycol.

Edited by musicman4534, 25 November 2016 - 09:15 PM.

#79 DrunkDemon

• 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:13 PM

Sent.

#80 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

$90 sent for 3 grams via PayPal just now.

#81 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

[quote name="musicman4534" post="796562" timestamp="1480108472"]

You know I've been debating this. I wasn't going to, but with this group buy as big as it has gotten I'm looking into the cost of testing and how long it would take. The thing is, though, vorinostat isn't a new compound by any means, and is in fact a pharmaceutical that is FDA approved and prescribed by doctors, so suppliers are used to adhering to pharmaceutical standards for vorinostat. In my opinion, we don't need to test it as there is a lot of competition surrounding vorinostat, but if it would be quick and cheep, or if enough people would really like it done, I'll get it done. I'm in contact with a company I was referred to right now about it.
[quote name="StabMe" post="796543" timestamp="1480096589"][/quote]

Good to hear, it depends on price and speed obviously, but since we are getting a good price for the product maybe we can 'afford' something extra for testing. Peace of mind is key when experimenting with new products.

Edited by fntms, 25 November 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#82 StabMe

• 35 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:00 AM

BTW, although i first requested 2 grams, $90 were sent for 3 grams due to the price.

As for dissolving... How do you plan to take it? Weighing the dosages on micro scale?

#83 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

Done, though PayPal conveniently seems to have erased all the carriage returns from my note, so it's a little harder to parse the shipping address.

#84 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

BTW, although i first requested 2 grams, $90 were sent for 3 grams due to the price.

As for dissolving... How do you plan to take it? Weighing the dosages on micro scale?

Cool yeah I have you down for 3.

Yeah I just bought a little scale calibration kit with varying weights, and I think I'm going to have to get a better scale too before I measure all our orders. The one I got is just the cheapest one from Amazon... I'm beginning to think it may weigh things as being less than there actually is... I may have been taking ridiculous amounts of raloxifene haha we'll see. I'm going to test it tonight, but yeah I'll just be measuring mine out and likely putting them in some of my 00 capsules for portability.

Edited by musicman4534, 26 November 2016 - 01:55 AM.

#85 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

Sent

#86 warmerdam

• 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

Just sent $90 through PayPal. Thank you musicman4534!

#87 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

Sent the $90 via PayPal. Sorry for the lateness, I was out of town with no internet.

#88 oipoistar

• 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Sent $60 through paypal. 

#89 taohansen

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

Cool yeah I have you down for 3.

Yeah I just bought a little scale calibration kit with varying weights, and I think I'm going to have to get a better scale too before I measure all our orders. The one I got is just the cheapest one from Amazon... I'm beginning to think it may weigh things as being less than there actually is... I may have been taking ridiculous amounts of raloxifene haha we'll see. I'm going to test it tonight, but yeah I'll just be measuring mine out and likely putting them in some of my 00 capsules for portability.

Just sent $60 for two. Sorry for the delay.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 Donald Trumpet

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

I'm interested in 1 gram. Is there still room left? 

Edited by Donald Trumpet, 28 November 2016 - 03:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdac inhibitor, hdaci, hdac, fear extinction, learning, memory, long-term memory, vorinostat, saha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users