• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Vorinostat

hdac inhibitor hdaci hdac fear extinction learning memory long-term memory vorinostat saha

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#241 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

I still have third party tested Vorinostat at 99.7% purity, its about 80 grams and I ll pack it in envelopes two grams each for $55, shipping is included.

I have been shipping NSI-189 for more than three years now to other members that follow the main NSI-189 thread. Unfortunatelly a couple weeks ago, paypal froze my account and I do not want to risk it again with a prescription medication, at this time I can only accept cryptocurrency payment.

1. Do you ship to USA?

2. Do you accept LiteCoin?

Yes, bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin is fine, I can ship anywhere in the world no problem, I ship from Europe. What I am going to do tomorrow is to unpack the many one grams I have, weight the whole amount (should be close to 80 grams) get a few grams myself and package the rest in two grams envelopes. I ll make a post in reddit too and ship them altogether soon in 4-5 batches, two days apart each.

The side effects should be minimal with the lower doses needed for our purposes, but everyone should do a 5-10mg test (use it sublingual for better bioavailability) to make sure there are no rare side effects. Anyone that by "accident" is reading this, I do not suggest to try it if he does not have a good experience with "nootropics", or does not look for its specific possible benefits. Its not very anxiolytic and I do not suggest it as a chemical to deal with everyday social anxiety, but can be used for thought/behavior modification as an adjunctive to CBT therapy for social anxiety. What is "odd" is that even the conscious effect is very subtle (the reason has been explained before from others) can still get you unstuck from some negative thinking/behavior patterns. If you want the effect to stay, you ll have to realize (by thinking/emoting right after the event) why the new behavior is more functional, and how the change is not such "a big deal". As I have said I have not followed the discussion on its nootropic effects on brain plasticity and learning, but in the way I use it myself for behavior modification two grams should last you about one year.

I ll post the three cryptocurrency accounts soon, please just send me your shipping information, and the payment link in a private message. I ll let you know how much is left, and the approximate shipping time here. At this time I have received payment for 4 grams, and a few messages for more details, that I ll get back to it in a couple hours.

#242 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

Yes, bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin is fine, I can ship anywhere in the world no problem, I ship from Europe. What I am going to do tomorrow is to unpack the many one grams I have, weight the whole amount (should be close to 80 grams) get a few grams myself and package the rest in two grams envelopes. I ll make a post in reddit too and ship them altogether soon in 4-5 batches, two days apart each.

I ll post the three cryptocurrency accounts soon, please just send me your shipping information, and the payment link in a private message. I ll let you know how much is left, and the approximate shipping time here. At this time I have received payment for 4 grams, and a few messages for more details, that I ll get back to it in a couple hours.

Good deal. I'll send my payment tomorrow or whenever your LiteCoin receiving address is posted. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:23 AM

@Strangelove

OK, also waiting for the receiving adress.

#244 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:16 AM

Anyone that is interested send $55 for two grams in any of the addresses below, and give me your name/shipping address in a private message.

Bitcoin

1D2dmwX1A9Z4sQ7iZvBpEiNJ63Cmb6g76s

Ethereum

0xc1a6f8c8021780c38bb40ebd7a94ec07d8b54196

Litecoin

LPCqLRc1kHNtXKKUjHasiHmc2PEeEoSh45

#245 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi, i may be interest, has anyone the email of musicman?? Id like to ask him some question about its safety and dosage

#246 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

Am interested. But is cryptocurrency the only payment option?

#247 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:17 AM

From some study i read seems that hdac 2 inhibibors give the best result as memory enancher (https://www.reddit.c...e_clearance_of/)

while seems that hdaci 3 could be toxic: https://www.reddit.c..._by_an/dvo6dip/
  • Informative x 1

#248 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

Hopefully this effect is minimal when following a strict dosing regime of leaving enough time inbetween and using minute doses.

Any input on the seriousness of this?

• Informative x 1

#249 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

Hopefully this effect is minimal when following a strict dosing regime of leaving enough time inbetween and using minute doses.

How can you say that its effect is minimal?? Im not finind reference about it seriusness

Edited by Painkillerrr, 18 March 2018 - 12:52 PM.

• unsure x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#250 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

How can you say that its effect is minimal?? Im not finind reference about it seriusness

It has been discussed in the past, the amount that we are using (usually between 10-30mg sublingually) is several times lower than what is prescribed for everyday use. Also Vorinostat is mostly a HDAC I and II classes inhibitor, this is why it has been discussed in reddit for its nootropic effects, nevertheless everyone should make his own research.

Edited by Strangelove, 18 March 2018 - 10:54 PM.

#251 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:58 PM

Am interested. But is cryptocurrency the only payment option?

Yes at this time I only accept cryptocurrency, I could not risk it with paypal, if you are interested I could give you a link to send cryptocurrency with a credit card.

#252 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

It has been discussed in the past, the amount that we are using (usually between 10-30mg sublingually) is several times lower than what is prescribed for everyday use. Also Vorinostat is mostly a HDAC I and II classes inhibitor, this is why it has been discussed in reddit for its nootropic effects, nevertheless everyone should make his own research.
Could you link me where did you see the nanomolar concentrations in which it inhibits 1,2,3?? I have only found that in general it inhibits them (https://www.accessda...1991s001lbl.pdf)

what do we know about it effects duration? Couse looking at this about another hdac inb mainly of first and second class: http://www.bioworld....trum-disorder-0

Its seems to influence gene expression up to 1 years after three days of treatment (in teen rats at 5 percent of that used in cancer treatment) (a big concern for me since im still a teen (18))

Edit: errors

Edited by Painkillerrr, 22 March 2018 - 04:47 PM.

#253 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:06 AM

I'm interested.

#254 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Yes its an inhibitor of all classes, but I remember a very detailed post from Musicman in reddit saying that it mainly inhibits I and II, I ll search more about it in the weekend that I ll have extra time. Its always best to take an educated risk, weight pros and cons, and take precautions (starting with a low dose with most combounds is a main one) but some times we may not have all the info at hand. Nevertheless the spaced doses we are using should be at least 10 times less from its clinical use, hopefully this would minimize side effects. If you think is a risk and you do not really need it you may want to look into something else. What kind of positives you are expecting from vorinostat? Do you have an interest for its conditioned fear extinction effect or for learning and memory enhancement?

Edited by Strangelove, 23 March 2018 - 10:31 PM.

#255 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:03 AM

Yes its an inhibitor of all classes, but I remember a very detailed post from Musicman in reddit saying that it mainly inhibits I and II, I ll search more about it in the weekend that I ll have extra time. Its always best to take an educated risk, weight pros and cons, and take precautions (starting with a low dose with most combounds is a main one) but some times we may not have all the info at hand. Nevertheless the spaced doses we are using should be at least 10 times less from its clinical use, hopefully this would minimize side effects. If you think is a risk and you do not really need it you may want to look into something else. What kind of positives you are expecting from vorinostat? Do you have an interest for its conditioned fear extinction effect or for learning and memory enhancement?

Im mainly interested in his learning enhancement property,

Just posted this study https://www.reddit.c...itors_emerging/

#256 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

Ok, even i the study i posted on reddit its written thats mainly inhibitor of 1,2,4.

The strange thing is that there are many stubstances that are ihnibitors of 1 and 2 (which should be the way vornistat and crebinostat work for improved learning and memory) but only fwe of them seem to have effect on cognition.

These work on other enzyme and still have interesting effects:

HDACi-3f. HDAC6 Improves learning in mice models

W2. Class II HDACs Improves learning and memory (Thats even more strange, seems the only not class 1 inh. with effect on cognition)

Anyway obviously the safer to take is vorinostat since its has been tested on human before. Right now, id like to find some reference to the minimum dosage that could improve learning, understand if its a long-term solution (days/weeks) or if it last only hours and if it so could be redosed day after day in dosage that are not going to give side effects

Edited by Painkillerrr, 24 March 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#257 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

http://journals.plos...069964-Kilgore1

In the end claim saha (vorinostat) has no effect on cognition due to his inability to cross bbb (in unaffected brains)

#258 ISayLonger

• 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

https://www.neurolog...rative-diseases

"administer an HDAC inhibitor (Vorinostat) via the nose to bypass the BBB"

• Good Point x 1

#259 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

In the end claim saha (vorinostat) has no effect on cognition due to his inability to cross bbb (in unaffected brains)

Vorinostat definitely has an effect on cognition, but  maybe it's limited by blood brain barrier.

Somebody should snort it and report back. It seems a little risky though imo.

#260 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

https://www.neurolog...rative-diseases

"administer an HDAC inhibitor (Vorinostat) via the nose to bypass the BBB"

"We propose..." i cant buy it, if you have please post a screenshot couse this sentance means nothing without real results. Then it was tested on "mouse model of Niemann-Pick type C disease, a paediatric neurodegenerative disease" and in the study i previously posted it was writen that affected brains could "help" hdacis to bypass the BBB.

Anway it for sure has some effects but i may be very weak compered to other hdacis able to cross bbb, we could find another hadcis that bypass bbb easier and in lower dose to have the same effect lowering chance of side effects due to its effects on other parts of the body.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...86/#!po=4.05405

Edited by Painkillerrr, 28 March 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#261 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier, I have a ton of work to do, even now I just opened the thread as I saw in my feed the replies. 

I cannot say anything about its learning enhancement properties as I do not use it for this reason. If you have second thoughts why you concentrate on Vorinostat, there are many nootropics that could improve learning abilities and memory. PRL-8-53 and NSI-189 is a good combo for this, CILTEP together with Cerebrolysin has worked miracles for me too.

This is just my recent experience, but when I said I do not see much of a conscious effect from it, but I observe changes in my behavior (it gets me unstuck) its not totally true. Yesterday I was about to meet my girlfriend to see if I can save our relationship and I was in an anxious state. I got a 10mg sublingual dose under my tongue and (as usual) did not expect to feel much, but I got a strong calm feeling and I was able to think more rationally, also there is research that has been posted (you can also google Vorinostat - PTSD) that shows it has a positive effect on conditioned fear, so not passing the bbb contradicts past research.

#262 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

Saha does cross bbb: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4102966/
But:

"Similarly, we found that the benzamide HDACi, MS-275 (6), has low brain uptake when administered intravenously to nonhuman primates,17 suggesting its limitation as a therapeutic agent for CNS disorders. Recently, Hanson et al.18 also demonstrated that the lack of behavioral effects of SAHA is likely to be due to poor BBB permeability, even though its therapeutic potential for CNS applications was suggested by in vitro studies."

We need to find a hdac with similar affinity but more efficent at crossing bbb, maybe even orally available

#263 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Vorinostat definitely has an effect on cognition, but  maybe it's limited by blood brain barrier.

I was in a very negative mood again today for the possible break up, and I certainly felt the effects, together with the PTSD research, it should have effects in the brain. I am only worried for a possibly very high bioavailability, but I ll try to snort a tiny dose first if anxious, and report back. 

• like x 1

#264 Nuke

• 126 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

Seems like Vorinostat combines really well with Tadalafil. If you are a mouse in anyway.

They used I.P. administration btw, so it should cross the mouse BBB at least.

• Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#265 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

So according to the study brain exposure might be limited because Vorinostat is a actively held out of the brain by two mechanisms in the bbb.

One of those (P-glycoprotein) is inbited for example by Curcumin https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/15072439 and sertraline https://en.wikipedia...P-glycoprotein.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#266 Water Buffalo

• 36 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:53 AM

Vorinostat definitely has an effect on cognition, but maybe it's limited by blood brain barrier.

Stevespetrat had no problems snorting his. I have the courage to try this out with my vorinostat, but I probably won't trial this until I get over this cold I have.

Stevespetrat
OK, I'll share my vorinostat experiences. Keep in mind this is not a very clean trial. I've tried probably well over 100 different noots and supplements the last couple years. My current stack/diet has a variety of vitamins, minerals, probiotic foods, nearly 1:1 ω3:ω6 ratio, no grains and relatively low carbs, natural and supplemental ACh and dopamine precursors, 5α-reductase enhancers, etc, etc, not to mention NSI-189, a few doses of Dihexa, and I'm probably forgetting plenty.

I have to describe the circumstances that led me to snorting lines of vorinostat and then sitting down at a poker table for the results to make much sense. After getting jaundice and very elevated liver enzymes from a prescription drug, my physical and mental health spiraled out of control for over a year. My extremities got cold, I lost sensation in my skin, my eyes dried out, I stopped sweating, 100s of splinter hemorrhages appeared in my finger- and toenails, I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, I lost my sense of balance and dropped things constantly, experienced near constant muscle pain-- at one point my pee turned brown and my muscles literally shrank over the course of a few days as I had the sensation of barbed wire being pulled through them -- I had first a 3 week period and then a 2 month one of not being able to sleep more than 2 hours a night (and usually an hour at most), my guts locked up to the point where it felt like steel wool was passing through them, for 2 weeks my heart rate never dropped below 100 day or night (I know this because I got one of those little pulse oximeters and wore it in my "sleep") and then I developed POTS / orthostatic problems, and my startle reflex was so heightened that birds chirping would make me jump every single time they made a peep (yet at the same time very nearly being hit by a car made me do nothing but chuckle slightly, go figure). There are plenty of things I'm leaving out, but you get the idea. And of course for months and months, virtually every waking moment was filled with the sensation that I would die at any second, nothing would ever improve, there was no hope. In this darkest moment, doctors offered antidepressants that made everything worse and benzos that dulled me past the point of having anything even resembling human cognition (not that I was cogitating much to begin with), and the support offered by my parents was to put me up in a nice institution for a while where I was convinced (and not without reason) that drug after drug would be added to the blindfolded-dart-throwing psych treatment protocol until the last remaining bit of my personality was totally eradicated.

So eventually I implemented a highly restrictive diet that eliminated the outright terror and reduced the anxiety enough to where I was able to continue combing through medical literature, ultimately stumbling upon a paper on acute stress and epigenetic changes in ACh synthesis. Recognizing that solidly 80% of my symptoms could be linked to ACh deficiency, boosting its synthesis caused a rapid improvement in my mental state and a reduction to some extent of the physical symptoms.

I had recovered enough to fall utterly head over heels for a girl for the first time in my life. Experiencing this for the first time in my mid 30's, I didn't handle it very well, and she left after a month. This plunged me into a depressive episode that none of my tricks could reverse. Unable to sleep, eat, focus, or act for a week during a time when I was unemployed and low on funds, I literally could not afford to feel that way, so I dusted off the NSI-189 that had been stashed in my "medicine cabinet" for almost a year. The reversal of not just the immediate depression but years of previous funkiness was amazingly rapid.

But of course my experiences had left their mark on my psyche. Any time I felt too happy, my mood crashed to painful despair. Any time I thought about the stuff I'd gone through, pain. Any time I thought about the girl I'd briefly known, pain. And while (for me anyway) pain can be an excellent motivator and a catalyst for change and growth (a source of eustress), this pain that I could not adapt to or learn from simply caused distress.

OK, that's out of the way. So, one thing I'd done when money was tight was go play poker. When I first started playing years ago, I was cool as a cucumber. But, after taking enough bad beats and experiencing the concomitant surge of adrenaline, my body "learned" to be excited during big hands. Even though, psychologically, I didn't experience it as fear, the physiological adrenaline rush had some hallmarks of a conditioned fear response. It certainly impaired my cognition and caused me physical and mental fatigue as repeated surges kicked in over the course of a play session. This limited play time and also caused me to make sometimes costly mistakes as my thinking wasn't as clear as it could have been. Propranolol (a β-blocker) had been somewhat effective in countering the physical symptoms, though it left me somewhat mentally dull and emotionally depressed.

I thought maybe vorinostat could help me "unlearn" my response at the poker table, so I took 50 mg up the nose and 50 mg sublingually, along with an extremely low dose of propranolol (2 mg, lowest prescribed is 10 mg, and I usually take 5 - 10 mg for performance enhancement) to take the edge off. I sat down, eventually got into a big hand, and felt... nothing. Because of everything that happened the past couple years, I've developed an acute and continual awareness of my emotional and cognitive state, the same way a golfer might be aware of his swinging mechanics. And so I was sitting there, clearly processing the hand, $250 on the line, experiencing no stress whatsoever, and really realizing how impaired my thinking had been even those times when I'd taken propranolol. And the next time I played poker, same deal -- without the vorinostat.

Now, if that were it, I wouldn't have written so damned much. But at the end of the night (I was only up $40. There was a big hand where I lost ~$100 on a 12% suck out by my opponent; sadly, vorinostat didn't improve my luck any), I went back to the parking lot. Unbidden, a memory of the girl I'd dated 5 months before floated to my mind. And for the first time in all those months, I could feel it lose its emotional salience. The pain was dulled. I ran into her a few weeks later, and, for the first time since our first kiss, I wasn't flustered and rendered stupid by her mere proximity.

Other things have changed. I no longer feel my mood crash out when I get too happy. Unless I'm very sleep deprived or under inordinate stress, I can reflect on the events of the past couple years without mental anguish. I banged my funny bone really hard while I was hitting my punching bag. As I sat there writhing in pain, I thought, "Hmm. Maybe I can get rid of this." And, with a few moments of calm meditation, the pain was gone. Maybe it's placebo; maybe it's some special effect of being on NSI-189 for 6 months. But I think it was from the vorinostat. I've since used it in other situations where I felt intense emotions were causing cognitive impairment with similar effect.

If it were only my experience, I might not have bothered sharing. But I ended up giving some to a friend of a friend who was experiencing severe test anxiety and cognitive impairment. She sat there and took a practice test. Afterwards, I asked her how she felt. "Well, I felt like panicking, but then I didn't panic." She'd also had an interview that had gone badly a week or so before. I asked her if it bothered her. "Yeah, every time I think about it, I still get upset." I asked her how she felt about it now. ".... Huh. I don't feel anything about it this time."

I think back to when I was a kid. I would get physically or mentally hurt, yet bounce back in no time at all. But at some point during adulthood, my mind learned to take "bad things have happened" and use that data to predict "bad things are going to continue to happen." Pain is a part of life. But when we ruminate on that pain, when we imagine that it will continue indefinitely, that's when it becomes distress. Crudely peaking, while NSI-189 helped me cope with the emotional baggage, I feel like vorinostat turned off that learned response and reset it to the more youthful resilience.

Take this highly uncontrolled pair of anecdotes for what you will.
  • Agree x 2

#267 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

Stevespetrat had no problems snorting his. I have the courage to try this out with my vorinostat, but I probably won't trial this until I get over this cold I have.

Are you still taking it?

Stevespetrat
OK, I'll share my vorinostat experiences. Keep in mind this is not a very clean trial. I've tried probably well over 100 different noots and supplements the last couple years. My current stack/diet has a variety of vitamins, minerals, probiotic foods, nearly 1:1 ω3:ω6 ratio, no grains and relatively low carbs, natural and supplemental ACh and dopamine precursors, 5α-reductase enhancers, etc, etc, not to mention NSI-189, a few doses of Dihexa, and I'm probably forgetting plenty.

I have to describe the circumstances that led me to snorting lines of vorinostat and then sitting down at a poker table for the results to make much sense. After getting jaundice and very elevated liver enzymes from a prescription drug, my physical and mental health spiraled out of control for over a year. My extremities got cold, I lost sensation in my skin, my eyes dried out, I stopped sweating, 100s of splinter hemorrhages appeared in my finger- and toenails, I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, I lost my sense of balance and dropped things constantly, experienced near constant muscle pain-- at one point my pee turned brown and my muscles literally shrank over the course of a few days as I had the sensation of barbed wire being pulled through them -- I had first a 3 week period and then a 2 month one of not being able to sleep more than 2 hours a night (and usually an hour at most), my guts locked up to the point where it felt like steel wool was passing through them, for 2 weeks my heart rate never dropped below 100 day or night (I know this because I got one of those little pulse oximeters and wore it in my "sleep") and then I developed POTS / orthostatic problems, and my startle reflex was so heightened that birds chirping would make me jump every single time they made a peep (yet at the same time very nearly being hit by a car made me do nothing but chuckle slightly, go figure). There are plenty of things I'm leaving out, but you get the idea. And of course for months and months, virtually every waking moment was filled with the sensation that I would die at any second, nothing would ever improve, there was no hope. In this darkest moment, doctors offered antidepressants that made everything worse and benzos that dulled me past the point of having anything even resembling human cognition (not that I was cogitating much to begin with), and the support offered by my parents was to put me up in a nice institution for a while where I was convinced (and not without reason) that drug after drug would be added to the blindfolded-dart-throwing psych treatment protocol until the last remaining bit of my personality was totally eradicated.

So eventually I implemented a highly restrictive diet that eliminated the outright terror and reduced the anxiety enough to where I was able to continue combing through medical literature, ultimately stumbling upon a paper on acute stress and epigenetic changes in ACh synthesis. Recognizing that solidly 80% of my symptoms could be linked to ACh deficiency, boosting its synthesis caused a rapid improvement in my mental state and a reduction to some extent of the physical symptoms.

I had recovered enough to fall utterly head over heels for a girl for the first time in my life. Experiencing this for the first time in my mid 30's, I didn't handle it very well, and she left after a month. This plunged me into a depressive episode that none of my tricks could reverse. Unable to sleep, eat, focus, or act for a week during a time when I was unemployed and low on funds, I literally could not afford to feel that way, so I dusted off the NSI-189 that had been stashed in my "medicine cabinet" for almost a year. The reversal of not just the immediate depression but years of previous funkiness was amazingly rapid.

But of course my experiences had left their mark on my psyche. Any time I felt too happy, my mood crashed to painful despair. Any time I thought about the stuff I'd gone through, pain. Any time I thought about the girl I'd briefly known, pain. And while (for me anyway) pain can be an excellent motivator and a catalyst for change and growth (a source of eustress), this pain that I could not adapt to or learn from simply caused distress.

OK, that's out of the way. So, one thing I'd done when money was tight was go play poker. When I first started playing years ago, I was cool as a cucumber. But, after taking enough bad beats and experiencing the concomitant surge of adrenaline, my body "learned" to be excited during big hands. Even though, psychologically, I didn't experience it as fear, the physiological adrenaline rush had some hallmarks of a conditioned fear response. It certainly impaired my cognition and caused me physical and mental fatigue as repeated surges kicked in over the course of a play session. This limited play time and also caused me to make sometimes costly mistakes as my thinking wasn't as clear as it could have been. Propranolol (a β-blocker) had been somewhat effective in countering the physical symptoms, though it left me somewhat mentally dull and emotionally depressed.

I thought maybe vorinostat could help me "unlearn" my response at the poker table, so I took 50 mg up the nose and 50 mg sublingually, along with an extremely low dose of propranolol (2 mg, lowest prescribed is 10 mg, and I usually take 5 - 10 mg for performance enhancement) to take the edge off. I sat down, eventually got into a big hand, and felt... nothing. Because of everything that happened the past couple years, I've developed an acute and continual awareness of my emotional and cognitive state, the same way a golfer might be aware of his swinging mechanics. And so I was sitting there, clearly processing the hand, $250 on the line, experiencing no stress whatsoever, and really realizing how impaired my thinking had been even those times when I'd taken propranolol. And the next time I played poker, same deal -- without the vorinostat.

Now, if that were it, I wouldn't have written so damned much. But at the end of the night (I was only up $40. There was a big hand where I lost ~$100 on a 12% suck out by my opponent; sadly, vorinostat didn't improve my luck any), I went back to the parking lot. Unbidden, a memory of the girl I'd dated 5 months before floated to my mind. And for the first time in all those months, I could feel it lose its emotional salience. The pain was dulled. I ran into her a few weeks later, and, for the first time since our first kiss, I wasn't flustered and rendered stupid by her mere proximity.

Other things have changed. I no longer feel my mood crash out when I get too happy. Unless I'm very sleep deprived or under inordinate stress, I can reflect on the events of the past couple years without mental anguish. I banged my funny bone really hard while I was hitting my punching bag. As I sat there writhing in pain, I thought, "Hmm. Maybe I can get rid of this." And, with a few moments of calm meditation, the pain was gone. Maybe it's placebo; maybe it's some special effect of being on NSI-189 for 6 months. But I think it was from the vorinostat. I've since used it in other situations where I felt intense emotions were causing cognitive impairment with similar effect.

If it were only my experience, I might not have bothered sharing. But I ended up giving some to a friend of a friend who was experiencing severe test anxiety and cognitive impairment. She sat there and took a practice test. Afterwards, I asked her how she felt. "Well, I felt like panicking, but then I didn't panic." She'd also had an interview that had gone badly a week or so before. I asked her if it bothered her. "Yeah, every time I think about it, I still get upset." I asked her how she felt about it now. ".... Huh. I don't feel anything about it this time."

I think back to when I was a kid. I would get physically or mentally hurt, yet bounce back in no time at all. But at some point during adulthood, my mind learned to take "bad things have happened" and use that data to predict "bad things are going to continue to happen." Pain is a part of life. But when we ruminate on that pain, when we imagine that it will continue indefinitely, that's when it becomes distress. Crudely peaking, while NSI-189 helped me cope with the emotional baggage, I feel like vorinostat turned off that learned response and reset it to the more youthful resilience.

Take this highly uncontrolled pair of anecdotes for what you will.

#268 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

No, Intraperitoneal injection or iv injection does not help crossing bbb, they rise the bioavailability

http://stm.sciencema...t/8/326/326ra23

"We demonstrate that the TCF boosted the ability of HDACi to cross the blood-brain barrier and was not toxic even when used long term."

Edited by Painkillerrr, 09 April 2018 - 01:06 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#269 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

About hdac 4: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/22875922
"Here, we show that selective loss of Hdac4 in brain results in impairments in hippocampal-dependent learning and memory and long-term synaptic plasticity."

https://www.ncbi.nlm...86/#!po=73.8095

The title of the study above is: "Loss of histone deacetylase 2 improves working memory and accelerates extinction learning2

BUT: page 17:

"previous work from our laboratory assessed the role of HDAC1 and HDAC2 on synapse maturation and synaptic efficacy in hippocampal neurons and found that individual HDAC2 knockout led to deficits in synaptic efficacy in mature neurons (Akhtar et al., 2009). The depressed synaptic input-output curves we observed in the present study may be related to HDAC2’s constitutive impact on synaptic efficacy. In addition, an earlier study from our laboratory observed a similar effect of the HDAC inhibitor trichostatin A (TSA) on synaptic efficacy that could be reversed by co-incubation with actinomycin D (Nelson et al., 2006). Taken together, these findings suggest that the basal decrease in synaptic efficacy seen after loss of HDAC2 may be the result of a transcriptional effect, rather than a transcriptional-independent pathway, however further experiments are needed to test this hypothesis."

"Based on a limited number of studies including our own, deleterious effects of postnatal HDAC2 knockout remain to be found. One important exception is that conditional HDAC2 deletion in adult neural stem cells leads to deficits in neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus subregion of the hippocampus, suggesting a continued role for HDAC2 in cell differentiation in adult brain (Jawerka et al., 2010). Deficits in adult hippocampal neurogenesis have been implicated in mood disorders as well as in a lack of an appropriate behavioral response to antidepressants in animal models suggesting that the therapeutic potential of targeting HDAC2 for cognitive disorders may be limited in some cases (Hanson et al., 2011). It is conceivable that while enhanced plasticity manifests as advantageous in experimental settings in which animals are trained chronologically in distinct learning tasks, in nature such rapid inhibition of responding to CS-US associations could prove maladaptive. As one example, CTA is an adaptive response to ingested poisons, therefore near immediate extinction to the CS following limited experience in which the US is not present may be considered detrimental. One role of endogenous HDAC2 in the adult brain may therefore be to promote and maintain the stability of learned associations when an organism is faced with new and competing associations, however this hypothesis demands further study. Recent data suggests that a postnatal forebrain KO of the class II HDAC, HDAC4, impairs learning and LTP, demonstrating dissociable roles for class I versus class II HDACs in cognition and synaptic plasticity (Kim et al., 2012). "

https://www.ncbi.nlm...17/#!po=55.2632Page 11:

Knockdown of HDAC2 but not HDAC1 decreases synaptic activity in mature hippocampal neurons:

Together, these findings indicate that maintenance of miniature excitatory transmission in mature neurons requires the activity of HDAC2, which targets the presynaptic release machinery but not the number or maturation state of synapses.

"To further investigate the role of HDAC2-mediated effects on synaptic transmission in mature neurons, we infected C57BL/6 hippocampal neurons at 7 DIV with lentivirus expressing HDAC2 (Fig. 7A). We found that overexpression of HDAC2 in mature neurons produced a significant increase in mEPSC frequency with no change in their amplitudes (Fig. 7B–D). The significant increase in mEPSC frequency with HDAC2 overexpression, coupled with the significant decrease in mEPSC in HDAC2 null neurons, suggests that HDAC2 plays a critical role in mediating synaptic transmission in mature neurons and changes in its expression can profoundly impact synaptic function"

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#270 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:17 AM

Does it's learning and memory enhancement promise strong enough to justify taking a cancer drug?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdac inhibitor, hdaci, hdac, fear extinction, learning, memory, long-term memory, vorinostat, saha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users