Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Gerovital-H3

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

Can you tell me how big are the tabs? :)

Physically the pills are a little bigger than a baby aspirin

Procaine Hydrochloride 100 mg *
Benzoic Acid 6 mg *
Potassium Metabisulfite 5 mg *
Disodium Phosphate .5 mg *

Edited by biknut, 12 March 2006 - 12:18 AM.

#32 canz

• Topic Starter
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

I've been taking 2 pills in the morning for a month. I haven't noticed the things that you have biknut, but then again, I have taken it with other pills and eaten about 20-30 minutes afterwards. I will be taking a month off since I've taken it for a month, but will try to not eat an hour after I take it and take it separate from my other supplments and see how it turns out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:12 AM

I've been taking 2 pills in the morning for a month. I haven't noticed the things that you have biknut, but then again, I have taken it with other pills and eaten about 20-30 minutes afterwards. I will be taking a month off since I've taken it for a month, but will try to not eat an hour after I take it and take it separate from my other supplments and see how it turns out.

Hi canz, Everyone says take on empty stomach with full glass of water and no other anything for an hour. It is kind of a hassle, but from experience that does work better. I always wait an hour before I take the rest of my morning supplements. What brand are you trying? I've gone through a bottle of the Romanian brand made by S A Sicomed, and now I'm most of the way through a bottle from Tierra Marketing in New Mexico. They both seem about the same, but from now on I think I'll stick with the S A Sicomed. These are the ingredients both brands.

Procaine Hydrochloride 100 mg
Benzoic Acid 6 mg
Potassium Metabisulfite 5 mg
Disodium Phosphate .5 mg

If yours are made out of this and you follow the instructions I'm pretty sure you'll feel the effect. It usually takes about 35 to 40 minutes

Edited by biknut, 12 March 2006 - 02:37 PM.

#34 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

This is a interesting study that shows procaine, the active ingredient in GH3, is a inhibitor of Cortisol.

1: J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003 Dec;307(3):1148-57. Epub 2003 Oct 14. Related Articles, Links

Inhibition of adrenal cortical steroid formation by procaine is mediated by reduction of the cAMP-induced 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase messenger ribonucleic acid levels.

Xu J, Lecanu L, Han Z, Yao Z, Greeson J, Papadopoulos V.

Division of Hormone Research, Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC 20057, USA.

Elevated glucocorticoid levels are associated with many diseases, including age-related depression, hypertension, Alzheimer's disease, and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Cortisol-lowering agents could provide useful complementary therapy for these disorders. We examined the effect of procaine and procaine in a pharmaceutical formulation on adrenal cortical steroid formation. Procaine inhibited dibutyryl cyclic AMP (dbcAMP)-induced corticosteroid synthesis by murine Y1 and human H295R adrenal cells in a dose-dependent manner without affecting basal steroid formation. Treatment of rats with the procaine-based formulation reduced circulating corticosterone levels. This steroidogenesis-inhibiting activity of procaine was not observed in Leydig cells, suggesting that the effect was specific to adrenocortical cells. In search of the mechanism underlying this inhibitory effect on cAMP-induced corticosteroidogenesis, procaine was found to affect neither the cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity nor key proteins involved in cholesterol transport into mitochondria, cytochrome P450 side chain cleavage enzyme _expression, and enzymatic activities associated with cholesterol metabolism to final steroid products. However, procaine reduced in a dose-dependent manner the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase (HMG-CoA) activity and the dbcAMP-induced HMG-CoA reductase mRNA levels by affecting mRNA stability. These data suggest that the inhibitory effect of procaine on cAMP-induced corticosteroid formation is due to the reduced synthesis of cholesterol. This modulatory effect of procaine on HMG-CoA reductase mRNA _expression was also seen in dbcAMP-stimulated Hepa1-6 mouse liver hepatoma cells. Taken together, these results suggest that procaine may provide a pharmacological means for the control of hormone-induced HMG-CoA reductase mRNA _expression and hypercortisolemia.

PMID: 14560037 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
http://www.ncbi.nlm....t_uids=14560037

#35 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

If you were thinking the life of GH3 ended in the 70s think again. I just found out that's not going to be the case.

Dr. Alfred Sapse, famous for research on GH3 back in the 70s is not done yet. Apparently in the early 90s he came up with what he calls a new drug, based on procaine called ANTICORT. Anticort's active ingredient is procaine. Among other things, Anticort is a cortisol inhibitor. Then he either started a company, or sold the rights for Anticort to a company called Samaritan Pharmaceuticals. Samaritan Pharmaceuticals has just completed FDA phase II testing on a drug they call
SP-01A, that they claim is an inhibitor of HIV. The active ingredient? Procaine of course. They also believe this drug will have promise for treating Alzheimer's. They currently are in the process of recruiting people with HIV for the phase III testing. Same drug, new name, the old name was GH3.

http://www.samaritanpharma.com/html/

Here's a great study that Samaritan did on the effects of procaine, but it's a hard read.

http://jpet.aspetjou...307/3/1148#FIG2

#36 canz

• Topic Starter
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:46 AM

Hi canz, Everyone says take on empty stomach with full glass of water and no other anything for an hour. It is kind of a hassle, but from experience that does work better. I always wait an hour before I take the rest of my morning supplements. What brand are you trying? I've gone through a bottle of the Romanian brand made by S A Sicomed, and now I'm most of the way through a bottle from Tierra Marketing in New Mexico. They both seem about the same, but from now on I think I'll stick with the S A Sicomed. These are the ingredients both brands.

Procaine Hydrochloride 100 mg
Benzoic Acid 6 mg
Potassium Metabisulfite 5 mg
Disodium Phosphate .5 mg

If yours are made out of this and you follow the instructions I'm pretty sure you'll feel the effect. It usually takes about 35 to 40 minutes

Yeah, same ingredients, SA Sicomed. I am going to start this tommorrow. Thanks.

#37 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

GH3 is alive and well. This is interesting.

Chelsea Collection (CLSN), is the publicly held, parent corporation of GH3 International, Inc. (GH3), a Las Vegas based company. GH3 has secured the exclusive license to market the G-H-3-Plus® protocol and products in the Western Hemisphere from the Romanian government. This protocol is not available from anyone else in the world except state authorized clinics in Romania. Currently, there is a waiting list of at least six months for patients attending the program in Romania.

http://www.gh3intern....com/index.html

#38 psychenaut

• Life Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

Enjoy:

This Information from Quackwatch

and

This Information on the Senate hearings on Gero Vita products and its owner.

Fascinatiing public glimpse into the machinery of a scam.

#39 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

psychenaut,

Nothing to dispute about any of that. Gero Vita GH3 is not real GH3. It doesn't contain Procaine Hydrocloride. In other words, it's fake GH3 that doesn't work.
  • like x 1

#40 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:11 AM

biknut, as I remember you've been interested in GH3 for quite a while. I got really into the idea of it, but oly gave it a shot for a month. Plus, I'm way too young (and Scottl laughed at me, lol).

Have you been on it all this time? I'm curious as to any long-term benefits you've noticed.

#41 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:31 AM

mitkat

Yes, I've been taking Gerovital H3 everyday since early February. My favorite brand is Romanian S.A. Sicomed.

Effects are very subtle and mostly hard to substantiate. I'm healthy and almost always in good spirit. I train in kung fu and hold my own against students many years younger. I know that's not proof of anything, but it does show that it's not slowing me down any.

Keeping in mind I'm 52 ys old, this is the strongest physical effect and It happens every time. I think that generally speaking, most guys in their 50s will relate with this. In the morning when I first get up my sack is hanging really low. You're supposed to take GH3 on an empty stomach so first thing I do is take a GH3. After 40 minutes my sack turns into a teenager again for a few hours. It becomes very tight. I like it. Sex is much better too. It's probably not something a young person would have need of.

GH3 is a MAO and Cortisol inhibitor. I feel that those effects are mild, but still very beneficial for older people. GH3 is for real and it's not going to go away anytime soon. It's near the top of my list of favorite supplements.

The biggest problem is that there is a lot of fake GH3 out there that doesn't have any Procain Hydrocloride in it.
  • dislike x 1

#42 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

Hey Biknut, are you still taking gerovital? I saw a blurb on it recently and made me think of this thread. Any effects?

#43 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:02 AM

Yes, I still take it every day. I usually buy 12 bottles at a time. I finished the last bottle I had about 2 weeks ago. You're suppose to cycle off each month for 2 weeks, but I never do unless I run out. Sometimes I might wait a few days before I open the next bottle. This time, since I've been taking it so long without a break I'm waiting a little longer.

I'm starting to notice now that my knees are taking a little longer to recover from training so I better get more soon. My libido may have dropped off a little too. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any difference in mood yet.

#44 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

WooHoo, I just bought 13 bottles of Gerovital H3 from S.A. Sicomed on ebay for $5.92 a bottle. I've been paying over $10 shipping included.

I've been off about 2 weeks now so by the time it gets here I should be back to normal.

#45 vickez

• 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:07 PM

Hello :)

I am from Romania and new to this forum. I see that many of you want to use or allready use Gerovital products.
I can supply with authentic products from the original manufacturers here in Romania like Sicomed SA or Farmec SA.
If you interested send me an email to donald@duck.com and we will talk about :)

Best regards to all,
Victor

Edited by Brainbox, 22 December 2010 - 08:21 PM.
Dunno, spam perhaps?

#46 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

More evidence for GH3. GH3 breaks down into Folic Acid in your intestines. They just found out that Folic Acid helps prevent strokes.

http://www.webmd.com...wer-stroke-risk

Edited by biknut, 02 June 2007 - 02:44 PM.

• dislike x 1

#47 orbital

• 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:10 AM

Is there general agreement on which are the best suppliers of the correct formula of GH3? If so could someone give me an idea as I'm getting lost in all the possibilities that a websearch throws up.

#48 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

Is there general agreement on which are the best suppliers of the correct formula of GH3? If so could someone give me an idea as I'm getting lost in all the possibilities that a websearch throws up.

Go with Sicomed or Tierra. You can get the Tierra from Beyond a Century.

#49 jlnsen

• 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

I'm new to this forum, and interested in buying the Sicomed GH3 product. Can anyone recommend a supplier?

#50 orbital

• 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

Thanks, Krillin

#51 Joe George

• 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Be careful! Zalmo´s fraud
Be careful with Zalmo.com it is a fraud. the most time you do not get anything, others receive deteriorations products. I payed 485$ in vitamins and aminoacids like taurine, arginine, vitamin C.... and never they send me anything. I recommend do not buy in Zalmo.com or gerovital.co.ro

#52 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

Found this:
http://www.supersmar...-products--0377

Is it overpriced? Very expensive I must say.

#53 IoanaB

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hello!

I am looking for Gerovital Products in Belgium.
I looked for them in the pharmacies in Brussels, but I did not find them.
Could someone give me a hint, a name of a shop where I can find Gerovital in Belgium?

#54 fpg2000

• 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:00 AM

Hello!

I am looking for Gerovital Products in Belgium.
I looked for them in the pharmacies in Brussels, but I did not find them.
Could someone give me a hint, a name of a shop where I can find Gerovital in Belgium?

Hello Ioana,

I am not sure if you can find in Belgium at any store, you probably have to buy it online if youre interested. This stuff really works, but now it depends also what age you are cos I wouldnt use it b4 45 years old.

Edited by fpg2000, 24 October 2010 - 12:00 AM.

#55 fpg2000

• 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

Be careful! Zalmo´s fraud
Be careful with Zalmo.com it is a fraud. the most time you do not get anything, others receive deteriorations products. I payed 485$ in vitamins and aminoacids like taurine, arginine, vitamin C.... and never they send me anything. I recommend do not buy in Zalmo.com or gerovital.co.ro

Along with these problems they do sell some fakes as well. So stay away!

#56 Emma W.

• 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

For Gerovital H3 and Gerovital Plant I also recommend the Romanian S.A. Sicomed

My mother takes them and she feels and looks great.
I know couple of webstores where you can buy Gerovital from Europe or from USA.
First of all stay away from Zalmo. I have heard many people saying they don't receive their packages.

I recommend getting Gerovital from here

Edited by Brainbox, 22 December 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#57 dachshund

• 98 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

It may be purchased from Beyond a Century as Gerovital-H3, 100 mg Procaine tabs manufactured by Tierra, Romania, $18.50 for 60 tabs.

#58 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Bioscience, Health & Nutrition -> Supplements -> Nootropics" to "Bioscience, Health & Nutrition -> Supplements -> Retailer/Product Discussion".

#59 calinbusteni

• 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hello. I use Gerovital GH3 for anti aging and it's very good and not very expansive. I bought this treatment from web and there it's written all stages of treatment. gerovital-gerovital.blogspot.com

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Please see attached comprehensive scientific information on GEROVITAL H3 ;)

Attached Files

• like x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users