Is it acetylcholine ? Please help

brain fog constant brain fog acetylcholine piracetam cholinergics movements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EminJahovic

• 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Hi guys ... I've tried to make it simple

I have constant brain fog ( if it's that what I feel ) or cognitive decline in general , since my early adolescence ( I'm 20 now) as I remember I used to be intelligent and very social but now feel like having slowed thinking , slowed reactions and poor memory , I've tried for this : vitamins&minerals combination , stimulants ( adderall , ritalin ) , fish oil and many drugs that may enhance cognitive function with completly no results , decided to try an antidepressant which was sertraline , I've been on it 1 month and OMG suddenly felt like my head was very clear and strong and my thinking was very fast and my movements were very flexible and highly controlled ( don't know why ) . Unfortunatly 1 week after , everything gone and can't get that feeling back , after that I tried more than 10 antidepressants ( tryclic , SSRI , Bupropion , SNRI , remeron ) and nothing worked ! I think it's not related to serotonin .

According to wikipidia , sertraline affects acetylcholine ( through M1 anatagonism ) and dopamine levels in addition to serotonin

my issue is cognitive and somehow motor which I think it's related either to dopamine or acetylcholine , Ive tried many dopaminergic drugs before with no benefit ..

So , do you think I'm acetylcholine deficient ? I have orderd cdp choline , Alcar, piracetam . If i am right , how long do they take to start working or reaches their full effect ? .

Sorry if i made it long ..

Thank you !

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

Much smarter a choice using plain fish oil, omega 3 fatty acid. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RYAN474

• 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

I struggle with a similar issue and am still trying to figure it out.

Fwiw, I just posted this in another thread but I feel it's relevant to your situation as well: 

http://www.longecity...tion/?p=798878 

Perhaps there is something wrong medically? Hormones, infections, etc?

I would suggest scheduling a virtual skype consultation with a functional medicine practitioner in the USA. Consider a functional neurologist, but any highly rated, credentialed functional medicine practitioner will be able to help you.

Also, I would suggest reading "Why isn't my brain working" by Datis K. In that book, there are many functional medicine practitioners that are listed--you can look them up. I.e. Dr Noseworthy in Florida.  Next time Datis K offers his course "Banish Brain Fog" online, you may also want to purchase and attend that. 

Further, you could read "fatigued to fantastic" by Jacob Tietelbaum. The symptoms of ADD-PI (which I have), definitely overlap with chronic fatigue for many people.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

Bacopa monnieri supplements offset motor and co-morbid behavioral pathology, oxidative impairments and neurotoxicity in an chronic environmental toxin model of Parkinson's disease in mice.  (2016)

http://www.prd-journ...0914-1/abstract

Effects of Korean Red Ginseng on Cognitive and Motor Function: A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial.  (2012) https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3659585/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog, constant brain fog, acetylcholine, piracetam, cholinergics, movements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users