Photo
- - - - -

Antidepressants/Anxiolytics

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

I figured I would just start my own thread, since this is going to be an ongoing matter. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder with symptoms of OCD, social anxiety, panic, and mild depression. First, I was put on sertraline for my anxiety/depression, but, it just made my weakened libido even worse, so that was scratched. Yesterday, I was prescribed wellbutrin (150mg starter dose) to "fight the depression first" as the doc said, and given clonazepam (.5mg) to use as needed for extreme anxiety, then, if the wellbutrin works on the depression and doesn't worsen the anxiety, we'll go from there to find a treatment for the anxiety. To give a backround, my mother and grandfather (on mother's side) have both been diagnosed as clinically depressed. My father hasn't been diagnosed with anything, but, he has terrible anxiety and is on 3 blood pressure medications. My major symptoms are low mood, chronic anxiety, lethargy (lack of motivation), low libido.
My current supps, as follows:
Piracetam, 800mg 3x
Alpha GPC, 300mg 3x
Vinpocetine 10mg 2x
NOW Foods multi
Vit. C, 3g
Vit. E, 400 I.U.
ZMA
Milk thistle, 300mg
Bacopa, 600mg
L-theanine, ~100-500mg as needed
EPA/DHA, 3g total
Inositol, ~5-10g
Taurine, 3g

I also have 5-htp, B-6, N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine, Deprenyl, D-phenylalanine, DLPA, and some fat burners lying around. I don't use them for fear of interaction with my medication.

I eat a pretty healthy, but bland diet consisting of lean meats, chicken, eggs, cheese and whole grains. I exercise 4 times a week, as well.

I started a thread over at AL, as well, but wanted some additional opinions on matters here. Would there be any negative interactions between my current supps and those drugs mentioned? I'm also considering adding hydergine or aniracetam to the stack. Thanks.

#2 jegrx

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

Fascinating.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:03 PM

"I eat a pretty healthy, but bland diet consisting of lean meats, chicken, eggs, cheese and whole grains."

That isn't a very healthy diet, frankly. You need lots more veggies and fruits.

#4 jegrx

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

Pretty healthy, as I said, not perfect.

#5 catshmat

• 34 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:28 AM

You were wise to cut out deprenyl as that might have caused you trouble. The piracetam might increase the CNS effects of the drugs but I wouldn't expect anything dramatic. I believe benzodiazepines are metabolized by the C450 enzymes and I am not sure if milk thistle affects these liver enzymes. Perhaps someone more knowledgable on this are could chime in. Vinpocetine makes me edgy but that might just be me. Too much choline might increase anxiety but I don't think that will be a problem. WRT veggies and fruits, these might also help by providing the body with what it needs to function optimally. Mind and body both must function optimally if either one will.

#6 jegrx

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:28 AM

If the milk thistle is going to cause a problem somewhere, would someone please chime in?

#7 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:23 AM

Piracetam makes me sleepy, try aniracetam and oxiracetam instead? I tried them a few times with dosages of about 1g to 400mg of Alpha GPC...but the effects were weird since I've done it for only a few days...and I decided to stop for now, since I'm feeling sharper, more clearminded and smarter without using them:p But they do tend to initiate the long forgotten wonderful feelings of peacefulness and calm with the world outside, which is really cool.

Edited by hallucinogen, 29 January 2006 - 07:55 PM.

#8 jegrx

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:05 PM

Oxiracetam does that which piracetam doesn't?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 jegrx

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

Would adding hydergine to the mix be ok, even with the medication I'm already using (wellbutrin and clonazepam)? I'm fascinated with it's effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users