- - - - -

Supplements are a waste of time, I'm throwing all my supplements tonite

supplements side effects stop taking supplements

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 pamojja

• 2,842 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

And with anhedonia, how could there be strong reasons for living?

iseethelight - I see the light - there must be reasons you've chosen your avatar's calling?

#32 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:05 PM

Some supplements can have effects that you don't feel in normal persons unless you are very unhealthy.

Does anyone know if your body uses less nutrients in the digestion process than is absorbed? Surely your body can use less proteins to create digestive enzymes and use them tl absorb more from the food than it used from the body to create those digestion enzymes? Otherwise your body would be nutrient deficient? So my guess is digestive enzymes have longer lasting and stronger effect and less proteins are used to create them so you get a profit of nutrients from the food during digestion than was used to digest and absorb them.

Edited by kurdishfella, 17 December 2023 - 04:07 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2023 - 01:41 AM

Methylene blue and galantamine daily are quite beneficial

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#34 adamh

• 1,046 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 09:37 PM

I take about 50 things each day with a couple days off every 2 weeks. I've been doing this for decades and I can see the benefits. Few things show their effects right away, things like vit c, fish oil, iron, etc, unless you are very short of them you will not notice a big difference right away. The rda is not what you should shoot for, the rda is barely enough that most people will not show signs of deficiency if they take that much.

If you take more than the rda your body takes what it can use and discards the rest so if the rda is 150mg you may need 200 for optimum health. If you take 250mg in that case, the other 50mg is excreted. But if you are only taking 150 and need 200 you will be mildly deficient. Not enough for symptoms perhaps but not at peak health.

Its also important to take the right form of a supplement. Vit e has many forms but what you get in the common drugstore vitamin is usually dl-alpha tocopheryl which is the cheapest and least beneficial form. There is also delta and gamma tocopherol and several tocotrienols. Its better to get e from a natural source than synthetic e and a form with contains the other flavors of e each of which does its job

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements, side effects, stop taking supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users