- - - - -

probiotics

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

http://www.lifesvigo...xd.asp?id=15946

This product seemed interesting as well as far as quality on paper. It's price is something to bring tears to a married man's eyes, but still worthy of discussion since we are mentioning high-end products.

Natren, Healthy Trinity 3 in 1

DescriptionThe Trenev Process®, unique oil matrix delivery system keeps beneficial bacteria super strains separate and noncompetitive while maximizing survival through low-pH, corrosive stomach acid. Bile resistance is an added feature to ensure 100% survival into small intestine. This proprietary technology is available only with Natren products.
Dairy Free
Works Throughout the Digestive System
Potency Guarantee 100%
Dietary Supplement
Viable beneficial bacteria super strains L. acidophilus NAS, B. bifidum Malyoth and L. bulgaricus LB-51 to maximize digestion, absorption and regularity. Potency Guarantee: Each capsule supplies a minimum of 5 billion L. acidophilus, NAS super strain, twenty billion B. Bifidum Malyoth super strain and five billion L. bulgaricus LB-51 super strain guaranteed through expiration date, if kept dry and refrigerated.

Suggested UseTake one capsule daily with unchilled, filtered (chlorin-free) water, preferably with meals to optimize digestion.* Take Healthy Trinity at least 2 hours apart from herbs, garlic and prescription drugs for optimal results. The Healthy Start System (powder formula) is recommended for children under 8 years of age and for those who choose not to swallow capsules.

#92 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

neogenic, the key words in the article you posted about HSOs are, "It has been suggested," "It has been postulated", "Anecdotal evidence suggests," and "Jordan was able to regain his health." I see no attempt at science there.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

I agree, the burden of proof is squarely on Jordan there. I know anecdotally I had great results with it, but I am not saying it is the better or worse scientifically. That's why I posted both sides. And even though the dissenting opinion is far more scientific, even Ray S. seems to take more than an unbiased scientific side and actually appears to be fairly agitated with Jordan, his products and any questions regarding them. I for one believe he has a quality supplement business. His products are overpriced, but I love the Restore product that has proteolytic enzymes, serrapeptidase, and nattokinase...I powerlift and I have seen more recovery from that than so, so many other supplements I have used. I am very in tune with my body. Again, I would like to try Ihhiro's product or the Natren product above that is very, very costly (but worth it?).

#94 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:25 PM

Well, I went in to a local Vitamin Shoppe and asked them about the Natren Healthy Trinity product, in their refrigerator. The manager stated that it is the only product in their store that is SHIPPED refrigerated/cold. While they have a number of products, including probiotics, in the fridge only 1 product never, ever gets above 40 degrees F. I don't know the impactual difference between live strains and freeze-dried, shelf-stable ones, but this is interesting nonetheless.

#95 sunshine

• 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

i drink kefir that I make myself.

I'm not lactose intolerant, however, I tried Kefir a few times, many moons ago in Europe and I thought my stomach was going to explode. For some reason, I could not tolerate Kefir at all. Maybe I should give it another try.

#96 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

I'm getting a bit confused regarding the effect of sulfur compounds, like (aged) garlic and MSM on gut flora. It seems that aged garlic has proven properties to fight yeast (candida) infections, but in other publications it can be found that sulfur containing food can have an adverse effect on gut flora.
As far as I understand, sulfur containing compounds should be used with care.

Any additional info on this?

Source:

"The Causes of Intestinal Dysbiosis:
A Review"
by
Jason A. Hawrelak, BNat (Hons), PhD Candidate and
Stephen P. Myers, PhD, BMed, ND
of
Thorne Alternative Medicine Review  Volume 9, Number 2  2004

Sulfur compounds, including sulfate and
sulfite, have been shown to increase the growth
of PPMs or increase production of potentially
harmful bacterial products in the GIT. In the colon
is a specialized class of gram-negative anaerobes
known as sulfate-reducing bacteria (SRB). SRB
include species belonging to the genera
Desulfotomaculum, Desulfovibrio, Desulfobulbus,
Desulfobacter, and Desulfomonas.76 The
principal genus, however, is Desulfovibrio, which
accounts for 64-81 percent of all human colonic
SRB.
Sulfate-reducing bacteria utilize a process
termed “dissimilatory sulfate reduction” to reduce
sulfite and sulfate to sulfide.4 The consequence of
this process is the production of potentially toxic
hydrogen sulfide, which can contribute to abdominal
gas-distension.76 Hydrogen sulfide can also
damage colonic mucosa by inhibiting the oxidation
of butyric acid, the primary fuel for
enterocytes. Butyrate oxidation is essential for
absorption of ions, mucus synthesis, and lipid synthesis
for colonocyte membranes.77 This inhibition
of butyrate oxidation is characteristic of the
defect observed in ulcerative colitis and leads to
intracellular energy deficiency, as well as disruption
of essential activities.4 Sulfide has also been
shown to cause a substantial increase in mucosal
permeability, presumably due to the breakdown
of the polymeric gel structure of mucin through
the cleavage of disulfide bonds.4

#97 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

sulfate and sulfite are preservatives for meats... i dont think those are the same beneficial sulfur compounds in foods

#98 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:48 PM

Thanks, I know. The confusing part of the above is still in the first sentence of the quote, not in the explanation below that handles sulfate and sulfite ....
And what about e.g. glucosamine sulfate?
Although I'm not severely concerned however.

#99 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:22 PM

Its seems that alot of symtoms of IBS and other intestinal are actually directly associated with the way you think http://www.anxiety-a.../061506_ibs.php.

Theralac works really well for me but loses potency quickly if not refrigerated (which i guess all probiotics do). Ive heard good things about Natures way primadophilis and its 17-20 bucks for 90 day supply. Very cool. I used to take MSM and didnt notice any effect at all. The cream seriously works wonders for your face though. I used it when i was like 16 and had mad acne going on and putting a layer on over night does wonders.

Id also like to know if MSM really does work for you not against.

#100 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

By the way Funk you would love Germany its joghurt heaven over here!!! Its directly inserted into the culture from dressings, to being at every hotel hotel breakfast, to having the largest yoghurt isles of any store youve ever been in. And beleive me theres nothing like having homemade joghurt on a little german dairy farm with freshly picked blueberries and rasberrys..mmmmmmm boy i can feel the bacteria now ;)

--Ive also tried the Primal Defence HSO as well and it did help...but it eventually made me feel weird. Also way too pricey in my opinion by the time its said and done your taking 8 pills a day. Screw that noise

#101 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Is there any suggestions on the best primadophilous product?

Theres the original
http://www.natureswa...?productid=6800

The bifidus
http://www.natureswa...?productid=6860

The Reutiri - which im the most interested in
http://www.natureswa...productid=15024

And of course the Optima
http://www.natureswa...productid=15652

-Ajnast4r, you mentioned expereinces with one or more of these

#102 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:34 AM

don't you get probiotics from fresh fruits and veges too though? Does that make this kinda supplementation necessary providing your not on or have recently been on antibiotics?

#103 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:32 AM

Uhh They sell this dairy stuff called SOUR MILK, I know what Kefir is, I used to drink it a lot back in Europe, but is this SOUR MILK The Same as Kefir or what??? Isn't dairy supposed to be bad (www.notmilk.com);)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#104 glexia

• 106 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

what probiotics are using now ,guys?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users