Photo
- - - - -

Giving it a try.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brandonreinhart

• 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

I bought a membership to LEF and ordered the LEF Mix 9 a day. I figure I will try this for a few months, in combination with an improved exercise schedule and better eating. I'll see how I feel and then possibly have blood work done to see what my markers look like. I'm starting with the Mix since I suspect I need a better vitamin foundation, given previously poor eating habits that I'm working to improve. The LEF Mix seemed to be recommended as a good starting point, based on my forum searches here, my own examination of the ingredients (with a lot of web searching) and advice from others.

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

LEF mix is pretty good....I would add in a gamma-tocopherol product if you decide to stick with it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:06 PM

My advice -- try AOR's Ortho Core after the LE Mix runs out. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I took LEF mix for a long time and I have to say I "feel" much better on Ortho Core. I'm sure there are many others that have the opposite opinion. That's just what works for me so YMMV.

LEF is a top outfit, so you're "membership" dollars were not wasted.

Shepard is right about the E. It's unbalanced in LEF mix (last time I checked).

#4 brandonreinhart

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:49 AM

Yeah mathematically speaking, the "membership" fee is well worth it, if I end up doing any buying at all. However, I will investigate Ortho Core down the road. Thanks for the info. Any other newbie info is well worth it.

#5 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

Yeah, it is still cheaper sometimes to get their products from other places...even with the member discounts. But, there are some that you can only get direct from LEF (atleast their newer products) and when they have the sales they are as cheap as anyone else.

#6 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

Brandon, I buy the powder, and knock it down as part of a morning protein shake, including all sort of other fun powders, including cocoa powder.

Here's the deal, though... you're so young, you're not going to see the pay-off for 10-20-30 years.

All of us, though, wishes we would have started sooner.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:44 PM

Here's the deal, though... you're so young, you're not going to see the pay-off for 10-20-30 years.

Its alot like a 401k plan in that sense. I started contributing 12-20% to my 401k around the same time I got serious about diet and supplementation, probably not a coincidence (if you can look far enough ahead to do the right thing for yourself with money, then you should be able to do the same health-wise).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users