- - - - -

Skin Care

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fairnesscream

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hi,

Do these fairness products really work? I have oily skin and acne problem.
Till now not even one product has been able to solve my problems completely. Is there any product will work for my skin type…?

Regards,
Lauren

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:56 PM

What type of acne is it?

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:26 PM

this stuff worked wonders on my acne:

http://www.naturesfo...Tulsi_soap.html

*edit* im also gonna call shenanigans on this thread, since the user name is the name of a product.

Edited by ajnast4r, 15 February 2006 - 06:03 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

If your acne is hormonal, which I would safely assume it is, take P-5-P (instead of the usual pyridoxine hcl b6) 200-600mcg. If you're a girl try adding in spironolactone. Acne is also believed to be a symptom of insulin resistance so taking Chromium GTF too would be a good idea to control insulin spiking.

For excess oil, and whiteheads/comedones, sebaceous accumulation, since sebum is fat, try lipid metabolism supplements. Guggul has been being recommended here so go for it. I've recommended a friend with the source naturals brand but never did anything for oiliness. The guggul E and Z extracts are apparently what you should be looking for. A brand like Enzymatic Therapy or Syntrax Guggulbolic (sp? ) I think which carry E Z yields. Take Beta Sitosterol instead of Saw Palmetto. Take the preformed Vitamin A (palmitate) in lower doses. Beta Carotene may also work but it's a trick hit/miss situation. You need plenty of it and still has to be converted by the body. Evening Primrose oil, and/or borage oil. There's been a hype on B5 but remained as it is. Instead of b5 take Pantethine. All these are specifically for getting rid of excess oil.

For skin whitening, I think I've stumbled upon glutathione having a side effect of skin lightening. You might also want to take N-A-C with that/instead. Zinc does also promote skin healing of hyperpigmentation. Try looking for licorice extracts too. They promote skin whitening. How bout Hydroquinone? Or topical vitamin c? Im not so sure which yields speedier results.

#5 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:50 PM

Retin-A would likely promote skin whitening. Depending on the delivery system (micro-beaded gel, traditional gel, are there others?), some sensitivity can be expected, but this isn't a problem in everyone. Also, perhaps an alpha hydroxy 10% product might help, though I'm less sure on that.

#6 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:17 AM

How old are you, where is the acne at, just face, face and back shoulders, scar tissue ? repetitive , ? thas it extends to neck, ? skin is redish irritated all times ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users