- - - - -

soft drink phobia?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:45 AM

[:o]

Is such a thing possible? I am convinced that eliminating soft drinks from my diet over the past 5 years has had a huge impact on my well being. At first it was difficult to avoid. It's everywhere. Then I went through a phase where I was at peace with my new soft-drink-free-lifestyle and everything was joy and bliss but lately things have turned darker for me. I see a soda machine and my eyes water with rage. I see other loved ones drinking it and an urge comes over me to smack it out of their hands. Standing in my company's kitchen while having a discussion the other day I couldn't focus on conversation because the soda-packed-fridge was right behind him and was triggering my fight or flight instinct. I am ashamed that I have become a soda-phobe.

It's happening to other things too like cookies, fried foods, non-distilled water and non-organics. Am I doomed? When someone gives me a drink from their faucet, all I can think about are the trace elements of industrial chemicals coursing through my veins!

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

you are way ahead of your time my friend.

#3 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

These could be the side-effects of withstanding the effects that are induced by soft drink marketing. Just hold on.... ;)

That might explain it. I have even noticed myself getting irritable and angry when I have to sit through commercials, especially those with unhealthy food and soft drinks, instead of Tivo FF'ing through them. I only listen to my iPod and podcasts without commercials now instead of the radio in the car. I get violent when I'm forced to suffer a commercial while driving and am tempted to drive into the nearest tree. If I accidentally click on on an ad on a webpage, oh, the anger. Or even if one catches my attention I get pissed. I find myself not buying anything that is hyped or in-my-face marketed simply out of spite. All news channels spewing propaganda have been removed from my Tivo lineup as well. What the hell is happening to me.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:57 PM

Too much dopamine?

#5 scud

• 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

Dude........You need to drink some green tea. The theanine will chill you out. If you're not worried about the liver toxicity reports, Kava is very mellowing. The thought of soda bums me out too, but don't let it anger you. ;)

#6 chubtoad

• Life Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:38 AM

It is quite easy to get hooked on green tea too. But it is probably better for you than the soft drinks.

#7 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:19 AM

It is quite easy to get hooked on green tea too.  But it is probably better for you than the soft drinks.

I drink 5-6 cups of green tea a day religiously. Been doing it for 3 years this coming april. The low dose of caffeine spread throughout the day gives me a balance pick me up rather than the spike in sugar and caffeine that cup of coffee or can of soda was slamming me with. It also does keeps me calm which is good for me because my mind tends to race uncontrollably with too much caffeine. The other benefits are no more caffeine withdrawl headaches and that I just don't get sick anymore. Except for the 2 times I stopped drinking for a week each.

#8 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:30 AM

I do not drink soft drinks, I haven't in the longest time. I would much prefer tea, be it green, white, or russian (it's neat, y'all).

The amount of sugar alone in soft drinks is bad enough...carbonation...Carbon Nation is more like it. Plus I remember hearing the old wive's tale about the Coca-Cola truck driver using the raw syrup on his engine to help fix it...or is that just me? If it requires more than my Bachelor's degree to read the label, why would I drink it? It doesn't even quench my thirst., it's just one of those things that doesn't belong in my body!

#9 guyledouche

• 130 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

yep soda is really bad for you although every now and then I'll have a mountain dew while im at work. I love mountain dew......im trying to quit.

#10 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

You don't even need the raw Coca-Cola stuff. Just poor some cola on a rusted nut or bolt that cannot be removed. Just wait a while and it works, realy.

Well there we go! Thanks Brainbox, for the auto advice and confirming what makes a lot of people not believe me. And to think, all the small engines I use could of been fixed with pepsi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users