Photo
- - - - -

Dosing frequency for antioxidants?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 t4exanadu

• 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:38 PM

Is there any advantage to taking Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed Extract or Astaxanthin twice daily instead of once?

I'm currently taking them once a day, while I take a variety of other supplements 2x and 3x daily. I've never found anything that suggested taking the above mentioned more than once a day would be better, but it would make it alot easier for me to fill up capsules. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

#2 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:56 PM

In general, many things don't work all day long. For instance, your ALA has a certain half-life and you'd want to cover as much of the day as possible. On the other hand, several Astaxanthin studies seem to use a single daily dose.

Some things need to "flood" your system, but usually there's nothing wrong with breaking the dose up. For instance, if your multi calls for 9 caps a day, you should break it up as 3x3 times a day, not down all 9 in the morning.

If it's easier for you to split it up, I see nothing wrong with doing it that way.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

Water-soluble....split up
Fat-solube.....can be taken at once, still might be better split up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users