Photo
- - - - -

DMAE vs. Centrophenoxine

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 dogbarf

• 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:52 AM

I know there's been a thread on centro before, but I was wondering specifically if anyone has experience with both, and whether or not there was a noticeable difference. I'm a student on a budget, and the difference in price is significant. I'm a big fan of DMAE and take it with piracetam. Has anyone switched to centro from DMAE, and why was it worth it?

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:18 AM

I know there's been a thread on centro before, but I was wondering specifically if anyone has experience with both, and whether or not there was a noticeable difference. I'm a student on a budget, and the difference in price is significant. I'm a big fan of DMAE and take it with piracetam. Has anyone switched to centro from DMAE, and why was it worth it?

Centrophenoxine is quite more potent than DMAE, both as a nootropic and an antiaging compound....if cost is an issue buying it in bulk form should not be remarkably more expensive. But you would have to try it to see if it gives you the effects you are looking for. For some the more potent ACh precursors such as Alpha GPC or CDP-Choline are the most effective when taken with Piracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dogbarf

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:39 AM

I was under the impression that dmae was a choline precursor, and that recent studies show that it may even be (slightly) anticholinergic?

#4 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

I was under the impression that dmae was a choline precursor, and that recent studies show that it may even be (slightly) anticholinergic?

DMAE (DiMethylAminoEthanol) can easily be converted into choline (also know as TriMethylAminoEthanol) by methylation and is converted into PhosphatidylAminoEthanol when incorporated into cellular membranes.

As far as Centrophenoxine the answer is alittle complex as it has several effects on ACh levels, receptor activity, etc…

Neuropharmacology. 1982 Apr;21(4):349-54.

"Meclofenoxate, the p-cholorophenoxyacetic acid ester of deanol, was found to dramatically elevate choline (Ch) levels…..

In summary, meclofenoxate induced dramatic alterations in CNS choline metabolism and may, therefore, be a useful therapeutic tool for potentiating depressed cholinergic neurons."

#5 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Centrophenoxine is quite more potent than DMAE, both as a nootropic and an antiaging compound....if cost is an issue buying it in bulk form should not be remarkably more expensive. But you would have to try it to see if it gives you the effects you are looking for. For some the more potent ACh precursors such as Alpha GPC or CDP-Choline are the most effective when taken with Piracetam.

If my goal would be only preserving skin elasticity, would still Centrophenoxine use preferred to DMAE?

#6 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

Yes.

#7 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:04 AM

Thank you ;)
Gotta find it now...

#8 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:27 AM

If my goal would be only preserving skin elasticity, would still Centrophenoxine use preferred to DMAE?

Little know fact: that is one of the major reasons I started taking centro. As stated in the imminst chat, I'm a vain mofo [wis]

Are you also using moisturizer? Duke was talking about a master moisturizer he has made from 5 different lotions, adding in green tea max, etc...pretty awesome stuff.

#9 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

Is there supposed to be an acute beneficial effect as well on skin elasticity, or is it only preserving what you've got?

#10 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

I think it's supposed to give an acute benefit, in removing the lipofuscin in skin cells, but of course, I don't remember where i read that. Johnmk...you GOONIE!

#11 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:09 PM

Little know fact: that is one of the major reasons I started taking centro. As stated in the imminst chat, I'm a vain mofo [wis]

Are you also using moisturizer? Duke was talking about a master moisturizer he has made from 5 different lotions, adding in green tea max, etc...pretty awesome stuff.

Yeah, I use nivea moisturizing cream with vit. E about 4 times a week, on my arms (i have mixed skin, mostly dry). I find it pretty good but the smell is not too neutral.
I also tried a dry oil, used after shower but didnt like it (particularly for the perfume).

I'm not up to homemade a DYI, but I'm surely interested to know more of what Duke made ;)
The smell is very important, I gave up on a pretty good moisturizer for the perfume (again) that I didnt like in it.

In general I prefer to improve the appearance working from the inside (vitamins, anti-ox, collagen release stimulators etc).
I believe that most of this stuff does NOT work topically and that most creams are a big waste of money. Collagen/HA for istance, DMAE may work good topically.

I'm interested in discussing skin antiaging futher (maybe a new topic, we are hijacking this thread a bit).

#12 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

OK, I'm bumping this because I cant find centrophenoxine in bulk powder in Europe (its a Rx drug in most countries :( ), while I could easily get DMAE.

I would like other opinions on this, and I'm interested ONLY on the anti-aging effect on the skin (elasticity and lipofuscin removal).

#13 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

For skin elasticity, do you have to use DMAE topicaly or oraly?

#14 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

It would work orally too (like centro) and that was the route I'm thinking.

#15 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:28 PM

OK, I'm bumping this because I cant find centrophenoxine in bulk powder in Europe (its a Rx drug in most countries :( ), while I could easily get DMAE.

I would like other opinions on this, and I'm interested ONLY on the anti-aging effect on the skin (elasticity and lipofuscin removal).

Where would you get bulk DMAE in Europe? I'd be interested. Thanks.

#16 impulsive

• 61 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

anymore info on this?

I have extremley dry skin... I have to use aveeno moisturizer on my body, and only nivea on my face (other wise i break out)

really sucks being a male, and saying, "I need cream on my face!" haha

although in the end, my face has no acne, and very very smooth, ladies love it [thumb]

#17 dogbarf

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:02 AM

Just an ironic note, since this post was rehashed; Despite abandoning that "budget" almost a year ago and completely overspending on nootropics, I've yet to try Centro, let alone replace my almost-gallon container of DMAE.

#18 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:00 AM

I take cheap bulk centrophenoxine. Tastes disgusting!!!

#19 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:48 PM

DMAE just tastes bitter. I have a lot to use, then maybe i'll switch to centro.

#20 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:20 PM

I found centro to be too stimulating. I use dmae and it seems to do the job. It's a very noticeable difference between using piracetam with no choline source and using 250mg of dmae per day. Just cap it up, invest in a capping machine kit. There are some good threads on capping, do a search.

#21 parsons

• 40 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

dug this thread up when doing research on centrophenoxine.  I didn't realize that centro can help with skin elasticity.  I knew it can remove lipufuscin but that also effects skin elasticity or is there another mechanism?  Any studies or links regarding centro and skin elasticity?

#22 kilgoretrout

• 245 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

I found centro to be too stimulating. I use dmae and it seems to do the job. It's a very noticeable difference between using piracetam with no choline source and using 250mg of dmae per day. Just cap it up, invest in a capping machine kit. There are some good threads on capping, do a search.

I had been using Piracetam but after about a month it started making feel actually dopey or sleepy, and I was starting to have balance/dizziness problems that it seems to cause in some.

So I added 100mg daily of DMAE-H3 (Twinlab... though I bet plain old DMAE in capsules would work the same).

And I can CONFIRM! the above. Almost instantly, within hours, the dizziness and drowsyness were reduced by about 85%... and after a week now of adding the DMAE the combination is GREAT, just amazingly GREAT! BOTH those side effects are 100% gone. Thank goodness.

While the Piracetam (nor the DMAE) by itself did not seem to do much for my diagnosed (but only briefly treated a few years ago) "Adult ADD"... the combination of Piracetam and DMAE-H3 seems to be doing something very very good.

Finally!

#23 HarPe

• 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Centro is essentially DMAE+Niacin, correct? Is it different in functionality from combining Niacin and DMAE? If so, how?

I've heard DMAE raises blood Choline levels, but that it also inhibits the conversion to ACh or something like that... If this is true, i wonder where the effect of Centro comes from. From the Niacin?

#24 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

Centro is Parachlorophenoxyacetic Acid + DMAE

Posted Image

Edited by Isochroma, 07 December 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#25 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

I had been using Piracetam but after about a month it started making feel actually dopey or sleepy, and I was starting to have balance/dizziness problems that it seems to cause in some.

So I added 100mg daily of DMAE-H3 (Twinlab... though I bet plain old DMAE in capsules would work the same).

And I can CONFIRM! the above. Almost instantly, within hours, the dizziness and drowsyness were reduced by about 85%... and after a week now of adding the DMAE the combination is GREAT, just amazingly GREAT! BOTH those side effects are 100% gone. Thank goodness.

While the Piracetam (nor the DMAE) by itself did not seem to do much for my diagnosed (but only briefly treated a few years ago) "Adult ADD"... the combination of Piracetam and DMAE-H3 seems to be doing something very very good.

Finally!

Have you tried the DMAE without the piracetam? It's probably just the DMAE thats working I think.

#26 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

if anyone's got two credible, safe and quality source to where you can buy dmae and centro then please share. I have tried CDP , but would like to try these two now.

#27 HarPe

• 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

Centro is Parachlorophenoxyacetic Acid + DMAE

Posted Image

Ah right, the Niacin was in Picamilon, d'oh...

#28 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

hey does anybody know if you can mix choline with DMAE or are they to be taken separately?

#29 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

if anyone's got two credible, safe and quality source to where you can buy dmae and centro then please share.

Anyone buy Centro from nutraceuticsrx.com ?

http://www.nutraceut...rophenoxine.htm

Edited by pycnogenol, 09 December 2009 - 04:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 en1gma

• 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

hey does anybody know if you can mix choline with DMAE or are they to be taken separately?

I'm interested in learning about this as well. I've been reading about this for awhile now and still can't seem to get a clear answer. Supposedly DMAE can be anti-cholinergic? But yet some people swear by it in terms of supplementing 'racetams?

If it is in fact anti-cholinergic, can mixing it with another choline source give you the benefit of both?

I really hope all of you incredibly knowledgeable folks here at ImmInst can answer this question for us :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users