Methylene Blue Better Than MitoQ For Skin

methyline blue mitoq nac skin aging

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

In Italy MB is available over the counter but likely not all pharmacies will carry it, pharmacies that offers custom made preparations certainly will, usually there are always a couple of those even in relatively small towns, certainly many in cities, in order to find one just ask in any pharmacy and they will point you to the nearest one.

I buy Hyaluronic acid, SSKI and glycolic acid online from UK or Germany (check eBay).

For SSKI you need potassium iodide (14g in 10ml of water).

http://www.olaloa.co...odide-sski.html

All antioxidants in general are quite beneficial to the skin, ALA (alpha lipoic acid) is one of my favorite but doesn't dissolves in water,, vitamin C (ascorbic acid) tends to cause burns if too concentrate or to sensitive skin, better to buffer it with baking soda before applying.

The list of beneficial compounds is endless but in my experience few deliver a real difference, everybody is unique and every skin has its own peculiarities therefore to generalize would be incorrect, anyway MB is itself an antioxidant. 

#32 ekaitz

• 67 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

Don't you think oral MB may have some skin benefits too?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Sarah Brandenb

• 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

Don't you think oral MB may have some skin benefits too?

I've seen some people comment who were taking MB that they think their skin is looking better when I read posts here from years past.

#34 Sarah Brandenb

• 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

So, I've been mixing it with various things allantoin, vitamin C cream, dermaneedle etc. I have used mixtures of 1 to several drops 2.3% per Oz h2o. Also, a drop or 2 in bath - leaving a bit of a blue ring. The area I most concentrated on is an age spot. I wasn't super worried about blue skin b/c my skin is pretty translucent & the veins make a blue undertone there anyway - so it wouldn't look too different even if it did.

Several times I've also put castor oil over top of the age spot after applying MB solution, then a piece of tape over top to hold moisture in overnight. I think it is lighter and looks like 2 smaller spots now instead of one big one. The change seemed noticeable the 1st couple of tape nights, but I haven't noticed it getting any better on the couple of tape nights since. Maybe it's my imagination, time will tell.

#35 Deckah

• 153 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

Ceretropic has a MB powder (not sure of their site/reputation, going to have to research further).
-----
Was curious if anyone has made their own serum w/ this yet.
-----
1% MB was mentioned earlier.

-----
Can't seem to find any other sites talking much about this as a topical/skin ingredient in the past month.
Just a bunch of research study links w/ no real reflection on it.
-----
Was wanting to make a serum w/ MB, syn-coll, matrixyl, and HA (HMW & ELMW), but wasn't sure what % of MB I should be looking @ (they're all water soluble).

#36 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

Ceretropic has a MB powder (not sure of their site/reputation, going to have to research further).

It is one of the most respected seller of its kind.

Was curious if anyone has made their own serum w/ this yet.

Post 27 and 34

1% MB was mentioned earlier.

Read more carefully.

Was wanting to make a serum w/ MB, syn-coll, matrixyl, and HA (HMW & ELMW), but wasn't sure what % of MB I should be looking @ (they're all water soluble).

Post 29 gives you all the info.

• like x 1

#37 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

I read all about MB recently and if I were to take MB at any point it'd probably only be temporary, just due to the slew of interaction problems that MAOI's have with pretty much every substance ever. I'm not even sure if MB has lasting effects. Does it?

#38 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

We are talking about topical MB here, some might get absorbed and get systemic but I doubt the amount would be of any significance in regard to MAOI interaction.

I am quite happy with so far, the formula with glycolic acid and HA seems doing really well.

#39 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

Wait, for skin it's not ingested orally? Serves me right for skipping to the second page.

You're right MB is unlikely to be a glucosepane/pentosidine breaker. It's not going to fix the aging part.

Edited by Nate-2004, 07 August 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#40 floweryriddle

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

We are talking about topical MB here, some might get absorbed and get systemic but I doubt the amount would be of any significance in regard to MAOI interaction.

I am quite happy with so far, the formula with glycolic acid and HA seems doing really well.

I love your information here aconita and every time I see a response from you it makes me want to finally give it a try.

This is a odd question but would you consider selling a small self-made test-tub for trying? I went to a few pharmacies but being Japan things are a little different here and the clerks had no idea what I was talking about. 

#41 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:51 AM

Thanks for the kind words!

I don't think methylene blue as a life changer in most cases....but is so cheap and easy that certainly is worth a try.

It is weird that you are unable to find it in pharmacies since it is on the world health organization's list of essential medicines, they should a least know what it is.

Anyway there several sellers on eBay for it too.

I'll send you a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users