Photo
- - - - -

Aubrey mentioned in my local newspaper

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manowater989

• 96 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:30 AM

I live in Palm Beach County Florida, and there was an article in the newspaper mentioning Aubrey, probably because this is where Boca Raton is located lol. Just thought I would come on here and mention it. It seems pretty positive, and is sure to raise some eyebrows around here.

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:16 AM

I live in Palm Beach County Florida, and there was an article in the newspaper mentioning Aubrey, probably because this is where Boca Raton is located lol. Just thought I would come on here and mention it. It seems pretty positive, and is sure to raise some eyebrows around here.

Was it this article? If so, it is a nice write up.

:)

#3 manowater989

• Topic Starter
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, that was the one. It was.

#4 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

Okay, liveforever22 ... your penchant for collecting useful information proactively has become a HUGE benefit to me. Thanks.

edit: I think that certain reporters are seeing the benefit of exposing people to the idea. It's a wonderful loop - they realise they can benefit if immortality becomes an option, and so they spread the idea - indirectly benefitting everyone.

edit x2: I believe that clicking the link increases the perceived popularity of this type of article. And thus benefits everyone.

#5 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

Excellent find, reasonably fair in its portrayal.

I think one thing I didn't like about it, though, was that it was a bit sketchy on the escape velocity concept, and I'm not sure why. It's not a difficult concept, yet it always seems to get poorly explained in the popular media.

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:33 PM

edit x2: I believe that clicking the link increases the perceived popularity of this type of article. And thus benefits everyone.

Is that true? Like if you click on a certain subject in an NBC site or something then do you think they compile those statistics as ways of figuring out what they should cover in the future?

Is there a place around here for compiling links like that? Maybe I missed it. If not then if clicking does that kind of thing maybe we could start a pinned topic with links or something. Then when you go through to check for new ones you can stop by and click on old ones too thereby raising click counts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users