Photo
- - - - -

Which exercise makes you feel the best?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 guyledouche

• 130 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:14 AM

I personally like pushups a lot. They get me pumped and I get a sorta mix of cardio and muscle building at the same time. I also like bent over barbell rows, they kill you so bad.

Edited by guyledouche, 10 March 2006 - 03:29 AM.

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

My personal favorite exercise is probably the deadlift. Also enjoy pullups.

But, if we're out of the gym....kayaking and racquetball are basically what I enjoy most of all.

#3 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:16 AM

In the same line as push-ups, my favorite is dips. There's a sense of accomplishment in being able to lift so much mass for 15 reps, especially considering the bulk of non-muscle (non-water, non-bone) mass I'm carrying. If I had a normal/healthy body-fat percentage, I'd be 50 pounds lighter at least, so it's like I've got a 50-pound weight belt on when I'm doing the dips.

My next favorite is mid-long distance running. I haven't done it in a long time, but I used to be able to run four miles at an 8-minute-mile pace, and I once ran a quarter marathon in under an hour. It's quite invigorating. (Yes, I realize these times are nothing to brag about, but considering that I'd only been running for three months, and I had lost 30 pounds, but I was still 30 pounds overweight, I was quite proud of myself.)

Edit: changed "heavy" to "healthy". Big difference. [wis]

Edited by jaydfox, 22 March 2006 - 02:41 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:24 AM

I've always been partial to active aerobic exercise, preferably outside. Swimming and biking are near the top of the list although flying a 2 meter kite in a stiff breeze on the beach is a fun and attention getting form of exercise.

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:37 AM

I find a 20 minute run on the running machine at around 12 leaves me with a nice endorphin buzz and keeps me mellow yet cognitively sharp for a couple of hours after that. I tend to get some great insights at about the 8 - 10 minute mark. In fact if I have a problem I run on it.

A high intensity circuit resistance workout leaves me feeling sharp and relaxed (as well as pumped). But interestingly, I find slower resistance mass and power developing workouts tend to increase my aggression.

#6 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:47 AM

Back when I believed there was a point to bodybuilding, before realizing it was an incognizant way of expressing that any other all-or-nothing lifestyle I could imagine at the time was pointless, I thoroughly enjoyed all exercises for all 13 areas which needed to be massive and perfectly interproportional. Since I was a bodybuilder, though, and not a power lifter, my absolute favorite day was Back Day. On that day no one around was comparable in the combination of aesthetics and the loads I used for the exercises barbell shrugs, barbell rows, and dumbbell rows.

These days, for intellectual reasons only, and not because the routine is fun, I run two miles in the morning and in the evening, daily, and do push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, hip extensions, and hip abductions, thrice weekly. I could do more, to be an object of even less mass, but the returns begin diminishing in light of nanotechnology that will eventually make me virtually nonexistent.

[Edit: Modified poor diction.]

Edited by Nate Barna, 22 March 2006 - 03:25 PM.

#7 guyledouche

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:50 AM

In the same line as push-ups, my favorite is dips. There's a sense of accomplishment in being able to lift so much mass for 15 reps, especially considering the bulk of non-muscle (non-water, non-bone) mass I'm carrying.

Im jealous. I have hardly any bodyfat and I cant even do that many dips. I dont do them very often cause they are kinda harsh on my shoulders. I can only do about 8 dips.

My personal favorite exercise is probably the deadlift. Also enjoy pullups.

Deadlifts are brutal as all hell. I used to do them about once a week back when I worked out more often. I love the feeling that I get from deadlifts. When I was doing them on a weekly basis they made my back feel way better and I didnt slouch when I would sit down. Shepard I am going to take your advice and start working out more often(my social anxiety needs it). Ive grown lazy.

Ive lost a lot of strength and am much skinnier but I will try and slowly but steadily build my strength back up. In fact I just did some lifting a few hours ago and I feel great. Do you guys have any tips so that I can consistently work out without straying away from it. It seems like every time that I get the ball rollin I get lazy and up and quit. Its not from overtraining either cause I would do only 30 min or less workouts only about 3-4 times a week. Im sick of quiting. My current regimen of pushups, situps, and bent over rows and a few other occasional exercises just isnt cutting it for me. I need more.

Edited by guyledouche, 22 March 2006 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users