recent Leonard Guarente radio interview

elysium guarente trial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Leonard Guarente was recently interviewed on The Source for about 10 minutes. The interviewers didn't ask much about the Elysium Basis trial result apart from weight loss and dose. Guarente said there is no good evidence for weight loss and that two pills are recommended to be taken in the morning. He is asked about the minimum age when people should start taking Elysium, and he replied that he thinks the earlier the better.

He said some customers say they have more energy and/or sleep better while others say they don't feel a change. Guarente also said he expects more information from further trials. 

Guarente concludes saying that people with health conditions should discuss Basis with their physicians but otherwise don't need to.

0:25 to 10:00

• like x 1

#2 Oakman

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Gosh, he is about the most uninspired advocate for NR I've ever heard. If he were selling dollar bills for fifty cents, I'm not sure I'd be a taker. You'd think after all this time, he'd be able to come up with some, nay...any positive study results beyond... "It raises NAD levels" and some people say it gives them more 'energy'. Oh well.

#3 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:35 PM

Gosh, he is about the most uninspired advocate for NR I've ever heard. If he were selling dollar bills for fifty cents, I'm not sure I'd be a taker. You'd think after all this time, he'd be able to come up with some, nay...any positive study results beyond... "It raises NAD levels" and some people say it gives them more 'energy'. Oh well.

There was another positive result!

The New York Magazine, April 3, 2017:

"There are no clinical data yet that Basis does anything useful in humans, so, when I visited Guarente in his office at M.I.T., I asked if he’d noticed any effects from taking it. “I have,” he said. He glanced at Elysium’s P.R. person. “Can I say it? It is O.K.?” She gave a calibrated nod, and he said, “My fingernails grow faster.” And what does that mean? “I don’t know. But something.”

First, the writer was wrong since Elysium had completed its 250 mg and 500 mg study last August and Guarente knows the resuls. For some reason Elysium's P.R. person was with Guarente who felt needed her permission to speak despite being a co-founder of the company.  

Couldn't the interviewers have thought to ask Guarente what the differences were in outcomes between 250 mg and 500 mg?

There may be two not-so-great scenarios for Chromdex and Elysium. NR might only show very good results at 1,000 mg which at current prices would cost $3.50 a day, or there may be very  good results as low as 100 mg which would add many more buyers but maybe not enough to offset profit loss that 250 mg brings in. We've never been told why Charles Brenner takes 250 mg of NR a day or why Elysium markets at that dose. 

#4 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

Him and ChromaDex and Brenner have been too cautious about the effect of Niagen
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#5 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

From what I've read and listened to in the past few weeks there is strangeness in the NR world.  We should know soon enough, but I'm surprised nobody has written anything about the conference this past week.  

• Agree x 1

#6 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/11508711/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...estriction nad

These are old papers that showed calorie restriction and moderate exercise increases NAD+. There is a convergence of NAD+ at the center of life extension from many different means.
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#7 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...15/#!po=15.7609

Metformin and Rapamycin together increased mean lifespan by 23%. Theoretically Niagen does similar things as Rapamycin plus more benefits and less side effects. So we should expect Niagen to increase life span by at least 23%.
  • Ill informed x 3

#8 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

From what I've read and listened to in the past few weeks there is strangeness in the NR world.  We should know soon enough, but I'm surprised nobody has written anything about the conference this past week.  

Yes, that IS very odd.  Most surprised.

#9 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

What has happened to ChromaDex belong to conspiracy movie. NR is a miracle drug. Why so many bad things happen to ChromaDex? Why the former management people tried to harm this company and defect to Elysium?
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#10 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

What has happened to ChromaDex belong to conspiracy movie. NR is a miracle drug. Why so many bad things happen to ChromaDex? Why the former management people tried to harm this company and defect to Elysium?

Former management people defected to Elysium - human nature - looking out for themselves.

NR is a miracle drug?   Where's the proof?  I believe NR has huge potential and MAY pan out, but we're waiting for results of these studies in humans that seem to be held up.

Your boundless enthusiasm alternates between admirable, suspicious, and humorous.  But I hope research results prove it is not misplaced.

Edited by able, 16 July 2017 - 02:55 AM.

• Agree x 2

#11 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:06 AM

Generally management needs to sign noncompete agreements. Guess ChromaDex doesn't follow standard procedures.

I have full confidence in NR. I am taking it and I know how good it is. I have also read thousands of NAD+ papers. It will be just a matter of time before it is validated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elysium, guarente, trial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users