Photo
- - - - -

Moving Forward...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:33 AM

He isn't allowed to defend himself anymore. I'm told he "had his chance" to defend himself and blew it. That's like in a criminal trial where the defendant is only allowed to put on half his defense and the prosecution is encouraged to rant and make emotional accusations against the defendant. You won't let him post anymore and the verdict hasn't even been rendered. In effect, he has already been banned. That's why I pointed out that you had punishment first, verdict later and if you have time for it much later, you might get the bottom of all the evidence. Meanwhile, he's been banned for a number of days now.

Actually, it's more like a case where a gag order is placed on a defendant, regarding public statements. The defendant still gets his/her day in court.

Xanadu, I know the Internet is a big scary place for you, but there are alternative forms of communication to forum posts and PM's. Email comes to mind...

#32 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:55 AM

I just feel sorry for the underdog, I guess that's my motivation. I saw a guy trying to do good. I never saw him saying he was a doctor. I never recall him recommending just certain companies though he did seem to like Pete at Relentless. He spoke up for pete many times. I saw a guy who was donating his time and got no obvious payoff from it. Then I saw him get pilloried, tarred and feathered before any proof was shown at all. His proof was scoffed at and soon as the phone call was made, he is banned or 12 hours later, something like that. I just thought it was unfair because I believe in due process.

I have to admit, this is the least conspiracy theory-laden comment I can recall that you've made. It gives me hope that you're not just a troll, but that you actually have something meaningful to contribute. It almost got lost in all the noise you've been posting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

With his desperate desire to "stick it to the man" he reminds me a lot of Chip.

• Lurker

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:00 AM

Xanadu:

LM was sacked from Advisorship on account of misrepresenting himself (his ID, his qualifications, his affiliations with commercial suppliers of nootropics). I wish I could say that it was also on account of incompetence (he feigned expertise on many matters associated with pharmacology and legality of prescription drug usage) but we never needed to get that far.

He was banned for abusing and threatening leadership despite numerous warnings.

His $500 donation was just that - a donation. It was not a fee in exchange for a promise to provide a service. He will not get it back. The size of a donation does not exempt members from following the same rules that everybody else adheres to.

I understand that you hold a different opinion of him to that formed by the leadership here, but you must undestand that the decision to demote him and then ban him was not taken lightly and was the result of considerable deliberation and analysis.

#35 tradewinds

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:38 AM

Kevink: we are not inferring you or basic members at the Institute are not valuable or that your comments should be discounted. We are merely suggesting that you are judging Adam based on inferences and inconclusive information. Many basic members have contributed a lot here, such as lynx, cosmos, and several others. We are only
suggesting that comparing Adam's contribution here to others' when you do not know Adam or Adam's history here or why he was banned is a little presumptuous.

Adam never said he did not operate a business. Previous posts made to inform folks of updates to the status of his business were removed by LifeMirage even though they were presented to Leadership prior to being posted, and we are trying to move forward from that incident. After all, we cannot stop living our lives temporarily just because the LM issue just went down.

Adam only "attacked" companies whom mislead and potentially endanger consumers by importing questionable products from third world countries and never subject them to any third party analysis. As you can see, he is quite pleased that Relentless Improvement is testing their products as now he is not the only one performing independent analyses on these imported products. Furthermore, Pete has performed more extensive analyses than Adam, so he has his foot in his mouth (for now at least)...

Adam did not know Steve Sliwa (uniquenutrition) was colluding with LifeMirage until the findings of Leadership's investigation were recently posted; this is new information, and rather compelling information to us as well. We only held that LM was a compulsive liar whom misrepresented himself for personal and financial gain. Adam knew the truth about LM's life story about a month ago, and instead of gossiping to the entire world about it Adam alerted Leadership. Adam only became publicly involved when LifeMirage falsely accused Adam of plotting to murder his "daughter." What you might not have known is that Adam asked LM to come forward privately a week prior to alerting Leadership, so when LM was confronted on these terms he knew Adam was to blame (thus the personal attacks).

Oh, and Don: Adam's company is only now in its fifth month of operation; he was shut down actually for longer than he's been around...we'll see where he's at after six years...

#36 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE "Adam did not know Steve Sliwa (uniquenutrition) was colluding with LifeMirage until the findings of Leadership's investigation were recently posted; this is new information, and rather compelling information to us as well. "

Where is this information? Please direct me to it.

#37 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

http://www.imminst.o...f=169&t=9524&s=

Have fun.

#38 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

Adam is banned, and it is unfair for so many of his posts to get passed through the veil like this.

Then dont let em pass.
The Leadership is not showing itself in a good light, expecially to the newest or least active members.

#39 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

http://www.imminst.o...f=169&t=9524&s=

Have fun.

It's too large, just by looking at it i couldn't find any evidence on LM&Steve being one person. Can anyone direct me to specific post?

• Lurker

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

The most compelling evidence is the IP logs and shared email addresses. Contact Jay Fox or Mind if you genuinely require more specific proof in order to make a decision to remove UI as your sponsor at mindandmuscle.net.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

Kevink: we are not inferring you or basic members at the Institute are not valuable or that your comments should be discounted. We are merely suggesting that you are judging Adam based on inferences and inconclusive information.  Many basic members have contributed a lot here, such as lynx, cosmos, and several others.  We are only
suggesting that comparing Adam's contribution here to others' when you do not know Adam or Adam's history here or why he was banned is a little presumptuous.

Adam never said he did not operate a business. Previous posts made to inform folks of updates to the status of his business were removed by LifeMirage even though they were presented to Leadership prior to being posted, and we are trying to move forward from that incident.  After all, we cannot stop living our lives temporarily just because the LM issue just went down.

Adam only "attacked" companies whom mislead and potentially endanger consumers by importing questionable products from third world countries and never subject them to any third party analysis.  As you can see, he is quite pleased that Relentless Improvement is testing their products as now he is not the only one performing independent analyses on these imported products.  Furthermore, Pete has performed more extensive analyses than Adam, so he has his foot in his mouth (for now at least)...

Adam did not know Steve Sliwa (uniquenutrition) was colluding with LifeMirage until the findings of Leadership's investigation were recently posted; this is new information, and rather compelling information to us as well.  We only held that LM was a compulsive liar whom misrepresented himself for personal and financial gain. Adam knew the truth about LM's life story about a month ago, and instead of gossiping to the entire world about it Adam alerted Leadership. Adam only became publicly involved when LifeMirage falsely accused Adam of plotting to murder his "daughter."  What you might not have known is that Adam asked LM to come forward privately a week prior to alerting Leadership, so when LM was confronted on these terms he knew Adam was to blame (thus the personal attacks).

Oh, and Don: Adam's company is only now in its fifth month of operation; he was shut down actually for longer than he's been around...we'll see where he's at after six years...

Tradewinds, this constant forwarding of messages by a banned user is undermining the decision to ban him in the first place. If you don't desist a motion will be put forth to restrict your posts only to your own opinions. Please self-moderate. If we wanted to hear Adams opinions we would ask for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users