- - - - -

Someone want to give me Cliffs on UN.net situation

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

Steve was banned because he was friends with LM and used the same IP at times.

steve was banned because "Lifemirage" was banned, and "LifeMirage" was registered to both Steve and Edward (Lifemirage was originally registered to Steve Silwa, and Edward was the one who paid for "lifemirage's" membership through his paypal account). We gave steve around a week to come up with a reasonable explantion on why this was the case, and he chose not to do so.

#62 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:52 AM

Is it permitted to look at things from the other point of view? Why are people called names, insulted in various ways and threatened when they don't seem to go along with the popular opinion? Is it neccessary to demonize those who oppose the beliefs of the board? What happened to friendly debate where facts are discussed instead of character being attacked?

of course it's ok to have a different point of view, but as Don illustrated it just seems to go around in circles a bit. Perhaps because you haven't seen the explanations stated clearly. I don't think anyone is "going after" you. And I don't know if I like what’s going on with Da sense. However I can't say I have been closely following the situation lately so I don't know if there is a good explanation for that. Perhaps in some cases some of us are getting carried away, but that’s just because these wild conspiracy theories I and others outright dismissed at the beginning turned out to be true.

I don't agree with someone's character should be "attacked" however in this case in dealing with some individuals the facts being discussed had to do directly with their characters. I do believe some over zealousness has taken place in this regard.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:04 AM

wow it really amazes me what people can imagine and speculate of once the stones start rolling
first i'm from bosnia not serbia. you can check ip's or whatever

secondly. before suddenly someone founds new "evidence" against me, let me tell you that steve paid for my full member status. if Bruce has PM archived he can look mine from last year when i asked about alternative payment methods, since the only way to pay was Paypal which doesn't accept Bosnian cards i asked Steve to pay for my membership status

#64 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

And I don't know if I like what’s going on with Da sense. 

what's going on with me? except prometheus chasing me in every thread? i asked 10000 times, if you doubt something ASK ME.

what has happened with this forum? suddenly everyone who doesn't share your opinion on piracetam, nootropics, which hunt, UN or any other subject is now considered a conspirator

#65 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:13 AM

what's going on with me?

i was only reffering to the way you were being treated, however as I said I don't have the time to catch up to know if any of it is justified.

#66 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image

#67 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:34 AM

i was only reffering to the way you were being treated, however as I said I don't have the time to catch up to know if any of it is justified.

sorry, i misunderstood your post, i thought you were "after me" too :)

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:39 AM

let me tell you that steve paid for my full member status

If I recall correctly Edward Younan paid for LifeMirage's fees.. Steve Sliwa pays for yours.. Does he have access to your account?

#69 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (da_sense)

let me tell you that steve paid for my full member status

If I recall correctly Edward Younan paid for LifeMirage's fees.. Steve Sliwa pays for yours.. Does he have access to your account?

If you recall correctly? Do you have proof?

Also unless the fact that I paid for da_sense's account was made public knowledge by him, I don't believe you should be posting that information.

Whats next you listed every member's credit card number?

I do not have access to da_sense's account btw.

Oh and we recently started carrying the full line of Life Extension Foundation and soon AOR.

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President [Confirmed by the BBB]
Proud Member of the BBB
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net
1-877-278-4942

#70 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:59 AM

Posted Image

That's awesome. We should add it to our list of emoticons...

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:05 AM

Also unless the fact that I paid for da_sense's account was made public knowledge by him, I don't believe you should be posting that information

Didn't you read his post?

Whilst you're here Steve, why do you bold your typing?

PS I like the way you sneaked in that bit of marketing..

PPS I only just posted the bit about da_sense.. you must be monitoring everything we post here?

PPPS Why are you stressing about it? :)

#72 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:06 AM

If you had stopped with LM, it would not look that way. Going after Steve makes no sense.

I'm sure somebody already covered this in the half dozen or so posts after this one, but I have to chime in:
Going after Steve makes no sense? Excuse me? He vouches for LifeMirage, lies and/or misdirects everyone about who runs Unique Nutrition, engages in the same deletion of textual evidence tactics that LifeMirage did (see specifically deleting a link to his blog in the news feed at UNI's website). Now I'm sure that it's entirely possible, however implausible, that Steve's an innocent victim here. However, to say that it doesn't make sense to be suspicious of him is just flat lame.

#73 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:09 AM

Steve was banned because he was friends with LM and used the same IP at times. Of course if two people use the same proxy they will have the same IP.

As for sharing IPs, Steve and LifeMirage shared IPs on at least two different ISPs, so it's not just a matter of their using the "same proxy". Plus, we have multiple IPs for each ISP, so it wasn't even a proxy. Furthermore, xanadu, I'm not saying this based on privileged information: you can confirm it yourself based on the list of IPs in the first post of the wiki vandalism thread. Just use a whois database on the IPs to confirm that they are from two different ISPs.

#74 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:17 AM

If you had stopped with LM, it would not look that way. Going after Steve makes no sense.

I'm sure somebody already covered this in the half dozen or so posts after this one, but I have to chime in:
Going after Steve makes no sense? Excuse me? He vouches for LifeMirage, lies and/or misdirects everyone about who runs Unique Nutrition, engages in the same deletion of textual evidence tactics that LifeMirage did (see specifically deleting a link to his blog in the news feed at UNI's website). Now I'm sure that it's entirely possible, however implausible, that Steve's an innocent victim here. However, to say that it doesn't make sense to be suspicious of him is just flat lame.

He vouches for LifeMirage? All I stated was I met him back when I was his boss at Sherwyn's and confirmed he has a MD. I am not going to defend him or anyone using his name in all of his dealings.

Are you calling the Better Business Bureau liars too Jaydfox?

Seriously you guys need to get things right before you start a witchhunt next time.

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
Proud Member of the BBB
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net
1-877-278-4942

#75 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:17 AM

If I recall correctly Edward Younan paid for LifeMirage's fees..

Steve, do you really think we could accept PayPal payments for membership accounts and not be able to figure out who made the payments?

Of course we have proof, you ninny.

Also unless the fact that I paid for da_sense's account was made public knowledge by him, I don't believe you should be posting that information.

Whats next you listed every member's credit card number?

Oh my god, are you that lazy? Just five posts above prometheus's was a post by da_sense, explaining that you paid for his account. You have the time to try to raise fears that prometheus is going to violate everyone's online and financial privacy, but you can't be bothered to make a quick check for relevant posts on the same page?

#76 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:20 AM

If I recall correctly Edward Younan paid for LifeMirage's fees..

Steve, do you really think we could accept PayPal payments for membership accounts and not be able to figure out who made the payments?

Where?

Name calling is abit childish, are you in your 20's or something?

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
Proud Member of the BBB
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net
1-877-278-4942

#77 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

Do you have proof?

Where?

Gee, what email address should I use to send you the login details for our PayPal account? Or would you rather I posted them here in the public forum?

#78 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:39 AM

So you claim to have proof but can't (or won't) show it? Interesting.

And I'm also sure you think the BBB is working with us and lying about me being the president of my company.

Seriously get a real life.

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
Proud Member of the BBB
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net
1-877-278-4942

#79 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:46 AM

Do you have proof?

Name calling is abit childish, are you in your 20's or something?

Okay, first of all, you ask if we have proof that Edward Younan paid for LifeMirage's account. Steve, it's not like we're taking cash drops under the trashcan by the bench in the park. PayPal does allow you to see who is sending you the money. That you couldn't be bothered to think this through is proof enough that you are a:

nin·ny    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (nPosted ImagenPosted ImagePosted Image)
n. pl. nin·nies
A fool; a simpleton.

However, if it makes you feel better, here in the States, where you reside, the word "ninny" doesn't really have any significance. I don't know the origin of the word (other than a relation to nincompoop), and I can't be bothered to google it or provide references (classic LM dodge here), but I've only ever heard it used by non-U.S. English speakers, e.g., Canadians. So I have a liking for using it, since it sounds silly to most Americans.

(On second consideration, given your proximity to Canada, relative to mine, perhaps "ninny" is a more commonly-used term. Out of curiosity, is it?)

#80 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:47 AM

So you claim to have proof but can't (or won't) show it? Interesting.

My god, you are a ninny.

#81 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:52 AM

Okay, first of all, you ask if we have proof that Edward Younan paid for LifeMirage's account. Steve, it's not like we're taking cash drops under the trashcan by the bench in the park. PayPal does allow you to see who is sending you the money. That you couldn't be bothered to think this through is proof enough that you are a:

Yes but without showing that "proof" to members you could make up anything and we would have to assume you are telling the truth.

What are you hiding?

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:12 AM

Steve, here..

wow it really amazes me what people can imagine and speculate of once the stones start rolling
first i'm from bosnia not serbia. you can check ip's or whatever

secondly. before suddenly someone founds new "evidence" against me, let me tell you that steve paid for my full member status. if Bruce has PM archived he can look mine from last year when i asked about alternative payment methods, since the only way to pay was Paypal which doesn't accept Bosnian cards i asked Steve to pay for my membership status

Jay is not covering anything. But you are provoking him by suggesting he is and planting a doubt in innocent minds. Steve, last we talked you told me you would make a statement about the LifeMirage situation.. Are you going to honor that commitment?

#83 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:23 AM

Yes but without showing that "proof" to members you could make up anything and we would have to assume you are telling the truth.

What are you hiding?

And you say I'm childish, that I must be in my 20's? Steve, I know you're desparate to make ImmInst leadership look bad here, but you're grasping at straws. Do you have a point to make?

• Lurker

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Actually, Steve there are these new wheels for my Porsche I have had my eye on and I was wondering...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#85 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

That's awesome. We should add it to our list of emoticons...

:)

I "stole" it from another forum. Maybe there's copyright attached to it. I'll ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users