NAD+ Intermediates: The Biology and Therapeutic Potential of NMN and N

nmn nr nicotinamide nad+ imai yoshino

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

Truly understanding the complex subject matter of raising NAD+ and how to achieve  that, will be daunting for most of us, certainly for me. Many of us should keep educating ourselves. I think anyone trying to understand the science as it stands now should have access to the full article that I refer to below. It is in Cell Metabolism, written by  among others, Imai. However, though a paying member,  I can only upload 2 MB . So here's the summary,

This  precursor overview adresses many of the points discussed in the NR forum over the last years.  

Research on the biology of NAD+ has been gaining momentum, providing many critical insights into the pathogenesis of age-associated functional decline and diseases. In particular, two key NAD+ intermediates, nicotinamide riboside (NR) and nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN), have been extensively studied over the past several years. Supplementing these NAD+ intermediates has shown preventive and therapeutic effects, ameliorating age-associated pathophysiologies and disease conditions. Although the pharmacokinetics and metabolic fates of NMN and NR are still under intensive investigation, these NAD+ intermediates can exhibit distinct behavior, and their fates appear to depend on the tissue distribution and expression levels of NAD+ biosynthetic enzymes, nucleotidases, and presumptive transporters for each. A comprehensive concept that connects NAD+ metabolism to the control of aging and longevity in mammals has been proposed, and the stage is now set to test whether these exciting preclinical results can be translated to improve human health. 

http://www.cell.com/...4131(17)30670-8

Edited by Harkijn, 15 December 2017 - 05:33 PM.

• like x 1

#2 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

This is great.

Also this interview is super recent and touches on the same subject towards the latter half of the video. It's a really good interview though.

• Informative x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users