• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Diagnosed BPD, 23andme results. Where to start?

bpd 23andme ssri

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dzidek794

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

Hello.

Im 23 yo male. I recently had been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. There is a lot of depression/anxiety issues in my family from my mother's side, however my dad also constantly picking skin on his nails which is said to be some kind of OCD/ADHD. I was very good in school in young age. Always best in class, however had a lot problems with anger and had been fighting with others a lot. I was doing a lot to impress others. Later I started to be shy. Since 15 my thinking started to be very pessimistic which in short time led to depression and nervous breakdown. In 17 I get my first SSRI prescription. Since then I have been on/off SSRI which seems to work for me. In short my symptoms are: very negative thinking pattern, constant self-criticism, right now some kind of anhedonia, very high libido, antisocial tendencies, hating meeting new people, thinking that its always should be different that it is (everything). Right now im on Paroxetine 20mg. I tried to cut down dosage, but on 10mg my depression and anxiety was unbearable. I would like to know maybe more natural way to keep my moods under control. In attachment is my 23andme results.

What to do right now? What do you recommend?

Attached Files

Edited by dzidek794, 18 December 2017 - 05:28 PM.

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

Contact a fellow called GamesGuru on this forum, he has the disorder as well, and has more experience with many substances and various self-help methods.

Then read this thread:

http://www.longecity...ality-disorder/

In essence, there is newer evidence that many of the symptoms are connected to two specific areas of the brain: The PFC and the Amygdala - and specifically the communication between these two regions - it appears to be altered in BPD-people. Serotonin and Acetylcholine are two of the key neurotransmitters - I personally put more clout into Acetylcholine, since that's a transmitter which current drugs often do not affect to any greater degree, hence the small effect on symptoms.

The theory goes that you have too much Acetylcholine - this can be compared to how people with Schizophrenia have too much Dopamine and hence need to take drugs which impair such activity.

Hypothetically, Chamomile, in high dosage, would decrease emotional activity, since it impairs nicotinergic Acetylcholine activity.

But that's just hypothesis and experiments - The only thing within established psychiatry with any sort of evidence is a cognitive behavioural therapy called DBT - Dialectical Behavioural Therapy.

I would recommend that you start such therapy as soon as possible - if it doesn't help, then you start looking into some of the more unorthodox compounds we have been exploring for the treatment of this deadly disease.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bpd, 23andme, ssri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users