• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

I am ashamed to talk to people because I can no longer communicate properly.

brain fog speech problems mental fatigue spaced out

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

the problem with your argument that 'i dont have anxiety' is your posts consistently convey a self-conscious tone.  maybe you do have more of a glutamate issue with prefontal processing and the anxiety is secondary, but even if that's the case, learning will be affected and you still need to just put in the work of refining yourself

first step is to stop taking 90% of those supplements and let your doctor know a new you is on the way.  while there are certainly over-the-counter remedies for apathy, dysphoria and anxiety, many of the ones you've found your way to are unfortunately fanning the fire.  I'm hanging a question mark on these specifically: Anti inflammatories, b vitamins, NAC, Coq10, 5htp, Melatonin, Lecithin, L-tyrosine,  NSI-189, memantine

start with a core stack in which your faith is unshakable.  use it as a foundation to gradually build upon.  find what works for you, and what doesn't.  take magnesium threonate.  bacopa/ginseng help in force-swim test/stress-induced anhedonia/learned helplessness, and of course all sorts of cognitive maze tasks; the benefits are quite cumulative too, so that once cured many are able to quit taking it.
Experiment with different things ginger, ginkgo, cordyceps, try different kinds of exercise, also try to get vitamin D from mushrooms and to use turmeric the spice not curcumin the supplement.. somehow the much lower concentration produces an equal blood level spike, while supplying a fuller spectrum of compounds.  i really have stakes out on turmeric for modulating glutamate, treating anhedonia, the whole shebang

• Good Point x 1

#32 Shithead

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

In my opinion, you should wean yourself off of the Memantine. It blocks glutamate receptor, which is necessary for forming new memories, and I suspect that is exactly why you are having your current symptoms. You can look this up yourself. I do not believe that you should be taking this at all. If you are going to tell me "no that's not it and it is something else," then I will tell you that Memantine still needs to be discontinued. At this point you need to start eliminating all of the possibilities, one by one in an orderly fashion. You must also realize that brain chemistry changes slowly due things like post-receptor up-regulation and down-regulation, and that changes in medications can take as much as 4 weeks to realize their full effect merely from the aspect of DNA up regulation, protein synthesis, and post-receptor regulation. It may take even longer for your brain to otherwise adapt "clinically"(changing habits, etc.). 

I have had extensive experience in prescribing this to patients with Alzheimer's dementia, and even in those patients, whom it helps long term (by blocking part of the pathway of neurodegeneration) starting at the recommended dose is too high for most of them, and causes a worsening of confusion. In some of the Alzheimer's patients, Ive had to start at 2.5mg daily for 2-4 weeks, and increase in increments of 2.5mg in similar fashion.

Now, LET ME BE CLEAR, I am only talking about Alzheimer's patients in the last (above) paragraph. I only mention it as an example of Memantine's powerful effect in blocking glutamate and the profound clinical effect (negative) that I've seen in these Dementia patients.  

In someone without dementia, or a true neurodegenerative disease, there is absolutely nothing to gain, and everything to lose by blocking glutamate receptor.

I hope this helps. Again, it will take a while, and it depends what dose you've been taking. I would wean it off by decreasing 5mg each week.

Taking a lot of supplements together is really something that can get quite confusing to sort out, as you have undoubtedly learned.

I also recommend that you MUST see a qualified Neurologist and inform that Physician of everything that you have been taking, symptoms, etc.

Let us know how this turns out

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Mastermynd

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:31 AM

Just curious - Do you have looping music in your head during most of the day if you're not distracted by something?

Cause you have literally IDENTICAL symptoms to whatever hell I've been going through myself. 

• like x 1

#34 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Just curious - Do you have looping music in your head during most of the day if you're not distracted by something?

Cause you have literally IDENTICAL symptoms to whatever hell I've been going through myself. 

This may very well be schizophrenia.  It's not just "hearing voices".  

• Agree x 1

#35 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

No. Do you actually hear the music? Because that's rather odd. I experience what I believe is called hypnagogic hallucinations which stems from stress.
Like I get extemely fast paced random scenarios, chatter etc and it's all inside my head like I don't actually hear or see things.

#36 Mastermynd

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

No. Do you actually hear the music? Because that's rather odd. I experience what I believe is called hypnagogic hallucinations which stems from stress.
Like I get extemely fast paced random scenarios, chatter etc and it's all inside my head like I don't actually hear or see things.

No it's not like an auditory hallucination or anything, it's basically just like a more persistent form of an earworm.

By the way, I recently smoked weed and it seems to have cleared literally all of these symptoms even the persistent earworm issue and I'm able to think logically/fast on my feet and I have a huge amount of motivation to crush my business goals and I'm extremely productive on it. I smoked off and on from 16 and I'm 24 now. Maybe I have far fewer dopamine receptors than the normal person because of that and executive functioning dependence to weed? Cause it seems like the 'on' switch has been turned on in my brain. Was there ever a period of time where you smoked a lot?

#37 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:52 PM

No it's not like an auditory hallucination or anything, it's basically just like a more persistent form of an earworm.

By the way, I recently smoked weed and it seems to have cleared literally all of these symptoms even the persistent earworm issue and I'm able to think logically/fast on my feet and I have a huge amount of motivation to crush my business goals and I'm extremely productive on it. I smoked off and on from 16 and I'm 24 now. Maybe I have far fewer dopamine receptors than the normal person because of that and executive functioning dependence to weed? Cause it seems like the 'on' switch has been turned on in my brain. Was there ever a period of time where you smoked a lot?

I used to smoke weed once every week or two a while back with my friends for a short period of time and never made a big deal out of it. Looking back that might've been what actually made me retarded, well not really because I have been like this for a few years now but since then it went downhill. 

I got the opposite of what you get. Got really tired and even more stupid and spaced out and I was like mehh I'd rather not smoke this shit at all, and it wasn't doing jack shit to my stress or clarity. Sorry but I don't have the knowledge to answer your question about the dopamine receptors.

#38 kanekiken

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

In my opinion, you should wean yourself off of the Memantine. It blocks glutamate receptor, which is necessary for forming new memories, and I suspect that is exactly why you are having your current symptoms. You can look this up yourself. I do not believe that you should be taking this at all. If you are going to tell me "no that's not it and it is something else," then I will tell you that Memantine still needs to be discontinued. At this point you need to start eliminating all of the possibilities, one by one in an orderly fashion. You must also realize that brain chemistry changes slowly due things like post-receptor up-regulation and down-regulation, and that changes in medications can take as much as 4 weeks to realize their full effect merely from the aspect of DNA up regulation, protein synthesis, and post-receptor regulation. It may take even longer for your brain to otherwise adapt "clinically"(changing habits, etc.). 

I have had extensive experience in prescribing this to patients with Alzheimer's dementia, and even in those patients, whom it helps long term (by blocking part of the pathway of neurodegeneration) starting at the recommended dose is too high for most of them, and causes a worsening of confusion. In some of the Alzheimer's patients, Ive had to start at 2.5mg daily for 2-4 weeks, and increase in increments of 2.5mg in similar fashion.

Now, LET ME BE CLEAR, I am only talking about Alzheimer's patients in the last (above) paragraph. I only mention it as an example of Memantine's powerful effect in blocking glutamate and the profound clinical effect (negative) that I've seen in these Dementia patients.  

In someone without dementia, or a true neurodegenerative disease, there is absolutely nothing to gain, and everything to lose by blocking glutamate receptor.

I hope this helps. Again, it will take a while, and it depends what dose you've been taking. I would wean it off by decreasing 5mg each week.

Taking a lot of supplements together is really something that can get quite confusing to sort out, as you have undoubtedly learned.

I also recommend that you MUST see a qualified Neurologist and inform that Physician of everything that you have been taking, symptoms, etc.

Let us know how this turns out

Uhm hey thanks for the reply altough unfortunately you got a little confused with my memantine usage. I started trialing memantine two weeks ago. Now considering i've been in a cognitive shithole for 2 years I'm inclined to say memantine didn't do anything for that matter but I discontinued usage because it made my dissociation worse and gave me sort of a drunk feeling, and no real benefits.

#39 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

Do you have looping music in your head during most of the day

when you jamming out on youtube and all the comments be like, "here cause of FIFA 2015!!"
and u laughing how u just there cos you listen to hella music
hqdefault.jpg

• unsure x 2

#40 h2o

• 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

I have the same experience word for word as the OP: Brain fog, derealization, severe anhedonia, catatonic feeling, inability to spontaneously engage in conversations, the walking dead, thought blocks, and more. In 2012, I decided to "try every single supplement and drug known to man" to wage war on this mysterious syndrome. I had every single negative symptom of schizophrenia and would be the exact clinical picture of what is called Simple Schizophrenia in the ICD-10 which doesn't include any psychosis and is also known as Deterioration Disorder. For over a decade, I thought that I had this strange idiopathic condition that is unique to my "alien biology" which is the same exact sentiment that you had about yourself. So after a decade of this horror, I found out that I have Lyme disease which I found shocking at first but it makes sense now as I review the years of confusion, decline, and brain inflammation. Interestingly enough, the antibiotic minocycline has been shown to help the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and it is this same antibiotic which is used for infections like Lyme. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24503176 A causation between schizophrenia and hidden infections? Hell yes, I think so.

Edited by h2o, 22 January 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#41 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

I have the same experience word for word as the OP: Brain fog, derealization, severe anhedonia, catatonic feeling, inability to spontaneously engage in conversations, the walking dead, thought blocks, and more. In 2012, I decided to "try every single supplement and drug known to man" to wage war on this mysterious syndrome. I had every single negative symptom of schizophrenia and would be the exact clinical picture of what is called Simple Schizophrenia in the ICD-10 which doesn't include any psychosis and is also known as Deterioration Disorder. For over a decade, I thought that I had this strange idiopathic condition that is unique to my "alien biology" which is the same exact sentiment that you had about yourself. So after a decade of this horror, I found out that I have Lyme disease which I found shocking at first but it makes sense now as I review the years of confusion, decline, and brain inflammation. Interestingly enough, the antibiotic minocycline has been shown to help the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and it is this same antibiotic which is used for infections like Lyme. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24503176 A causation between schizophrenia and hidden infections? Hell yes, I think so.

Goddammit. I wasn't tested for Lyme yet. I have brain changes exactly like in people with simple schizophrenia but my doctor who had patients with this diagnosis says that I'm different, contact with me is way better. Why the hell I wasn't tested for it yet... My brain scan is pretty unusual - my entire left brain hemisphere is underactive. Well, 3/4 of my brain is underactive. And I don't have any body symptoms... Maybe worsened vision - I see poorly in the dark, saturation of the colors is generally lower.

I don't recall any tick bite but AFAIK most people don't know it. 

#42 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Goddammit. I wasn't tested for Lyme yet. I have brain changes exactly like in people with simple schizophrenia but my doctor who had patients with this diagnosis says that I'm different, contact with me is way better. Why the hell I wasn't tested for it yet... My brain scan is pretty unusual - my entire left brain hemisphere is underactive. Well, 3/4 of my brain is underactive. And I don't have any body symptoms... Maybe worsened vision - I see poorly in the dark, saturation of the colors is generally lower.

I don't recall any tick bite but AFAIK most people don't know it. 

Curious that no one has tested your blood for infections yet... Anyways, ask them to check for Lyme Disease - and also check yourself in to donate blood - they'll check you for multiple infections then, and it never hurts to make several tests, since, as I understand it, some of these infections can be hard to pick up on with just one test.

#43 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

I don't think Lyme's is tested for during blood donation, the screen is for viruses.

#44 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

I don't think Lyme's is tested for during blood donation, the screen is for viruses.

Really? Well, they probably should test for bacteria! : O (maybe they do... let's have a look) Someone could have contracted Tetanus! : O (clostridium tetani) I know it's commonly vaccined against here in the west, from an early age, but still...! There are plenty of unvaccinated people after all.

https://www.redcross...d/donation-faqs

In addition, all platelet apheresis donations are tested for bacterial contamination.

Huh... the only bacterial infection they test for, is Syphilis (Treponema pallidum). I guess they figure most other bacteria that can be contracted via blood is filtered away, or something?

Btw, thanks for suggesting blood donation testing - I've had the idea to donate blood in the past, was going to do it prior to my burnout actually! = ) This has reinvigorated this idea, and given me the idea to donate platelets, so I can have my blood tested for bacterial contamination! Pretty brilliant that.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 23 January 2018 - 02:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#45 ForeverBulking

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

I suffer from the same thing at times, and it is infuriating. People think I am dumber than I am because I can't seem to formulate my thoughts with words anymore. I have gone through phases where it has improved, and I think it correlates with my gut health. Lots of probiotics, and a paleo AIP diet seem to help, but I rarely stick with it because I am never prepared (run out of necessary foods, social outings, etc). I think your next step would be a gut health test, and a food allergy panel to determine any low level inflammation. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog, speech problems, mental fatigue, spaced out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users