Question about L-Phenylalanine

l-phenylalanine l-tyrosine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KKWinOK

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Hi, I have a question about L-Phenylalanine. For a few days I have taken very small doses of L-Tyrosine but had a negative reaction to it. Something in this post by BioFreak piqued my interest: http://www.longecity...-to-l-tyrosine/. It appears that L-Tyrosine can have a negative effect on glutathione...and I think I’m having issues with this. I’ve read where low levels can contribute to fatigue. So my question is, will L-Phenylalanine cause the same thing? And you may ask why I want to take it...I suspect I have slightly low levels of dopamine and would like to give my body the “food” it needs to boost it a little. Thanks!

#2 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

The D- isomer of phenylalanine has all sorts of side-effects from depression to fatigue to more.

The L- isomer (the one we need) improves libido considerably and causes slight anti-social tendencies but that's about all it does.

L-tyrosine does nothing for dopamine on its own. Dopamine synthesis requires UV (B?) radiation. Thus if you supplement the L-tyrosine you need to actually get sunlight exposure to your retina to produce the dopamine.

Tyrosine also affects thyroid hormones and more. So it's not just neurotransmitters.

If you want to have more energy and motivation, amino acids will not do anything. Trust me, I have experimented with countless supplements and know what I am talking about.

What works is to increase thyroid hormones. Potassium iodide + selenium (have to add selenium) + pregnenolone (the more the better), and if you have boron available you might as well add that in. These things taken together increase T3 (thyroid hormone) levels which does everything you want from making you feel more masculine to giving you hypomanic states.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l-phenylalanine, l-tyrosine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users