msm blunted affect pssd methylsufonylmethane

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Diesel

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:20 AM

hey how u feeling now ? :)

ps: have u got these licoricee stories maybe please?

After taking licorice last week, my emotions returned and my libido has improved and these improvements still persist despite not taking licorice again. The only problem is that extreme fatigue and poor sleep quality have also returned.

I'm going to see an endocrinologist and getting blood tests done in a week from now. I suspect that my problems are caused by adrenal insufficiency (or a blunted cortisol response) and a secondary electrolyte imbalance, so I'm going to ask for cortisol and aldosterone-renin testing. The endo is likely to check my thyroid hormone levels as well. Let's wait and see.

#32 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

Licorice helps with fear extinction via lowering of neuroinflammation: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29558743

It doesn't do much for me though. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Krocius

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

Omg I have the same experience when my emotions returns also fatigue returns too. When I’m blunted I feel almost no fatigue. what the cause of this? I’m going to try licorice. Did you have decreased sweating?

Edited by Krocius, 26 April 2018 - 07:44 PM.

#34 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

After taking licorice last week, my emotions returned and my libido has improved and these improvements still persist despite not taking licorice again. The only problem is that extreme fatigue and poor sleep quality have also returned.

I'm going to see an endocrinologist and getting blood tests done in a week from now. I suspect that my problems are caused by adrenal insufficiency (or a blunted cortisol response) and a secondary electrolyte imbalance, so I'm going to ask for cortisol and aldosterone-renin testing. The endo is likely to check my thyroid hormone levels as well. Let's wait and see.

wow nice :), i have adrenal fatique snydrome or hpa dysfunction (whatever u call i nowadays), i started taking licorice root again today, curious how i will feel after 2 weeks taking it.

doing those tests are really hard on the adrenals.. so youll probably feel shit after that... (ive heard)...

like the dr bob licorice root sucess story, diesel could u pls link me the other stories u read about licoricee helping.. i would really appreciate it !

#35 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

any update?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#36 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

Wow this thread reads like something that could have been written by me, word for word.

I too got benefit from msm on emotions, not that strong though.

What I've found to be the best treatment for upregulating serotonin receptors but lowering serotonin is a long fast, at least 3 days. Either it's insulin or it's amino acid restriction. Strict keto may work as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: msm, blunted affect, pssd, methylsufonylmethane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users