l-cysteine b-vits energy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry for frequent posts, I'm not that knowledgeable yet, there's a lot to read, which I will, but meanwhile I have questions about supplements I've already taken.

Here's something I noticed with a 'advanced antioxidant' pill I took......felt really energetic on it.......downside, if I ran out of them, I'd feel like I 'crashed' until I got more.  The only things in the ingredients that I believe may have been implicated is L-Cysteine and Taurine.  Since I had other supplements with Taurine in, I believe it was the lack of L-cysteine that would cause a 'crash.'

This bothered me as it felt like 'addiction' (I didn't know of this forum at the time), so I stopped taking them and felt rough for a week, but then ok.

Can anyone tell me what L-Cysteine is and what it might have been doing for me?  And whether this might have been good after all?

One other question is that when I take a B Vitamin complex I tend to have more energy and feel mentally calmer......I also flush slightly and assuming that's the niacin.  I haven't done enough reading to consider taking NR or NMN yet.....but wonder is there some benefit from niacin?

If anyone can point me to any reading material that will give me a good starting point for understanding these things, metabolism, etc, I will definitely take the time to read.  Thanks.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users