* * - - - 10 votes

CODEX and ALL SUPPLEMENTS MADE ILLEGAL IN 2009

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

Out of curiosity...

what are we all doing to stop the passing of codex alimentarius which will make even vitamin C and garlic illegal

this will be the end of life extension for all of us. And it passes dec 31st 2009 if it it carried out according to congresses schedule.

this is not just about the pharmaceutical industry controlling the money and being able to earn off all of us huge profits for formerly cheap products.
I have heard many a doctor in the know say there is an agenda to kill us off and make us more susceptible to a myriad of disease as the world is overpopulated.

not just a conspiracy theory about us being intentionally killed, irregardless of how absurd some of you may find that, i assure you and swear on my life it is 100 % true if you do the research, it is easy to corroborate. many bioengineered viruses are out there slowly weaning specific populations and some to thin out the overall herd too, heard this from many ex cia, mi-6, nsa, and government DOD scientists. it is a reality. there's too many people on this planet according to the elite. we are no more to them than chickens on a farm. easy to understand really, do you care about the chicken you eat? not really, and yet you don't consider yourself a bad person despite how they're treated on farms and executed for our benefit. the government i assure you does not care about us either. not the true elite of the world in charge.

Here's some links on just how radical codex is -- supplements will be banned, across the globe. Europe is already half way there. we got like a year and half people, i hope we can make some noise to congress and let's get involved. (some of links to watch you just have to relink once at youtube to watch the subsequent parts -- easy)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#2 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

Last time I checked, Congress was part of the elite. If they are in on this, why would they do anything?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:01 AM

I not saying by any means that this couldn't be true, but we're talking about a multi billion dollar industry here. What's the supposed purpose of shutting it down.

#4 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

It is true, there are too many people. It is not even just too many people, it is how we have gotten to this point. We have spent a tremendous amount of money and effort to try to make everyone survive. Which is the polar opposite of natures intention. Nature intends for a certain amount of the population not to survive, which is how natural selection optimizes the gene pool but through drugs, legal/government intervention charities etc. we have circumvented that. So we dont need to make viruses and take away vitamins etc. to thin out the crowd, nature will take it course if we just stopped doing all the things we have been doing to get in its way. I think if the elite wanted to thin out the crowd, they would work on influencing all the aspects that contribute to it. Meaning they could discourage charities, discourage vaccines, etc. etc. But they arent doing that so I am not so sure how much of an intention they have. I guess it is possible they dont realize all of the things that contributed to the overpopulation but that seems hard to believe. I think that if they do truly want to thin out the crowd, then it is mother nature exerting its force through them. You cant fight mother natures intention. We try to fight it but it eventually wins, we fight the floods by building levies, but nature just ends up breaking through them. We try to fight disease and the diseases just get more virulent (ironically through natural selection)

How many people in here realize that pathogens/germ based diseases are intended to carry out this exact purpose (thinning the crowd) ?
Meaning you can think of a germ based illness is a "test" so if you are healthy you pass the test and live, if you are ill or weak then you dont pass the test and get removed from the gene pool.
I am not advocating anything here and I dont know what the answer is, I am just telling you what natures intention is. We should spend more time thinking about what the solution is though.

#5 MP11

• 121 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:19 AM

You cant fight mother natures intention. We try to fight it but it eventually wins, we fight the floods by building levies, but nature just ends up breaking through them.

Interesting statement, especially on this forum. Let's hope it’s not true, on all accounts.

#6 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

what are we all doing to stop the passing of codex alimentarius which will make even vitamin C and garlic illegal , lol did i just read that line from you goku?

even making vitamin C and garlic illegal haha that can't be true. i like my vitamin c and about garlic that would mean we have no charms to fend off the vampires, oh well, so that means .... that means vampires can run rampant and can't be stopped by garlic anymore, might as well take a hike to Romania, find and join them, vamps are immortal right?

#7 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

what are we all doing to stop the passing of codex alimentarius which will make even vitamin C and garlic illegal , lol did i just read that line from you goku?

even making vitamin C and garlic illegal haha that can't be true. i like my vitamin c and about garlic that would mean we have no charms to fend off the vampires, oh well, so that means .... that means vampires can run rampant and can't be stopped by garlic anymore, might as well take a hike to Romania, find and join them, vamps are immortal right?

I am not concerned about this, the supplement industry is huge. Also, older people are the largest consumers of supplements. They are also the most active voting segment. Besides, even if they were made illegal, there would be easy ways to import.

#8 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

You people don't think this is real?

just do a google -- of course it's real. Is it absurd -- yes, but it's very much 100% real, just not publicized bc it would call for mass negative opinion.

the schedule is set for 2009 dec 31st -- the bill is on it's second reading, thankfully, they are stalled on second reading currently. So perhaps it will get delayed.

But visit the official codex government website, yes -- very much real- it aims to make ALL herbs and nutraceuticals either illegal or some able to be purchased as a hugely inflated price if you go to doctor get a prescription and pay 50-60 bucks for a 5 dollar bottle of vitamin c.

as the supplement industry has no power in the face of the pharmaceutical industry. Absolutely none.

#9 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

WHY THE HECK is our government doing this to US? WHY is our Congress passing this law to ban supplements? POPULATION Control? Do our governments esp US gov think the population is too large to manage @?!?

I am a bit concerned about the population with 305 MILLION people in the us (latest update). It seemed like it was only 200 million , definitely less than 250 million when I was in middle school. Of the western wealthy nations, only US 's population is growing enormously. Many european countries, esp Russia's pop even decrease , our european members can help me confirm this. I say just due to the population size, Russia won't stand a chance against US if the Cold War resumes and turns hot. Right now the US is the only superpower left, so what is the US Gov afraid of? and about 70 to 75 Million baby boomers soon to calim benefits etc. It scares me too. Also world population will be 7 billion by 2012, supposed to be an epic year of Change for the New Agers, mystic types , end of the world and that crap. Btw, India and China's population scare me too, though China's population is supposed to decrease in a few decades due to the One Child Policy. I don't like many Chinese policies but the One Child Policy is a smart idea and should be adopted to some poor countries with the highest growth rates.

So does the gov have this conspiracy theory to hope the older segment die off soon ? You think our gov could be "evil" enough to do this???

Edited by HYP86, 01 July 2008 - 07:34 AM.

#10 Wulf

• 30 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

Ah yes, the Natural Solutions Foundation and their co-founder Albert Stubblebine. I'm familiar with him after having read The Men Who Stare at Goats. Needless to say, not your most reliable source.

Briefly, the Codex Alimentarius is a collection of over 300 food standards that have been in global effect since 1966. The Codex was established in 1963 by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN and the WHO. The Codex is not some sort of legislation waiting to go into effect.

The only thing that is going to happen in 2009 is the EU's Food Supplement Directive. While I'm not very familiar with this directive, here is the NPA's issue center.

The Codex Alimentarius Comission adopted Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements in 2005. I would encourage everyone to read the guidelines. While I don't think the actions of the Codex Alimentarius are innocuous, the massive amounts of misinformation out there is staggering. I could spend hours writing a post just on the Natural Solutions Foundation and their "facts". For now, I'll leave you with the NPA again in regards to Codex.

#11 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

i like the above post's opinion. i'll read through the details later, but it can't be that bad right? they won't get away with this much overregulation, down to vitamins and garlic lol

#12 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

If CODEX is not stopped there will be increased regulation (which will lead to higher cost). It might come in the form of needing a prescription for things as simple as garlic extract and vitamin C. It sounds silly, but it certainly would fall under the purview of CODEX. Will it happen? Will all supplements be highly regulated and tightly controlled? I think the odds are against it but I never trust government bureaucrats. From what I have read, I think CODEX will be a net negative for life extension.

#13 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Mind is correct, do not underestimate this initiative, it may take longer to pass at moment bc people are fighting it, but the legislation will make our natural supplements either illegal or via prescription through a doctor at best eventually.

that is the goal of this. Nothing less I assure you. It's all there in plain sight.

And if you doubt population control you need to watch a few dozen documentaries on the subject. It's not that they're vindictive per se, at least not in their minds. It's for the world's good, many could argue this logically. But the truth is if you were one of the billions in third world countries being off'd I' like to hear you take the cool side of detached reason.

And we're being killed too, the goal is 500,000,000 worldwide, believe it or not, it's even on the Georgie Guidestones. Now this isn't george W doing all this, he is hardly in charge for anyone who still thinks elections are more than entertainment. the US is a one party monopoly. Has been for many many decades.

Quit listening to CNN my friends and check out the plethora of corroborated information out there via documentaries, the associated press, etc.

Look into ppl like Alex Jones, Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell, Jeff Rense, William Cooper (now assassinated), even David Icke has been shown largely correct as mad as many think he is. These people will change your perspective on everything.

their opinions will sound hyperbolic to the uninitiated, as they did to myself at first, as they would to anyone who is raised on CNBC like all of us, but rest assured they are very much correct as to what's actually going on in the world. And tens of millions worldwide know this now, ppl are slowly waking up.

#14 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

Mind is correct, do not underestimate this initiative, it may take longer to pass at moment bc people are fighting it, but the legislation will make our natural supplements either illegal or via prescription through a doctor at best eventually.

And if you doubt population control you need to watch a few dozen documentaries on the subject. It's not that they're vindictive per se, at least not in their minds. It's for the world's good, many could argue this logically. But the truth is if you were one of the billions in third world countries being off'd I' like to hear you take the cool side of detached reason.

You are a disgrace to your nom de plume. To add to Wulf's fine explanation, I recommend this. United Stateseans have nothing to fear.

Population control? Both the left and the right in the USA require large numbers of immigrants (for votes and cheap labor, respectively) so they would hardly want to be killing off third worlders.

#15 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

goku krillin, haha i didn't know there were so many Dragonball Z fans here. i used to watch it as a kid. I considered the username Vegeta, since he's my favorite DBZ character, but vegeta is a pun on "vegetable" and few things scare me more than being a human vegetable ,

i liked DBZ's sci-fi aspects. really hope some day there would be a Capsule Corporation for imminst guys, not just any random thing in a pill, but eternal life in a pill.

my fav episodes are "Immortality Denied" , "I am Saiyan Prince!" and "Final Atonement"

it often amuses me that the bad guys there seem to really want immortality, Vegeta, Frieza, Cooler, King Cold. It always shocks me that vegeta finally gave up his life, afterlife, Immortality to save others (tho his son is also saved, i guess worth it) , but the flat good guys never question death , they just accept Death. Very noble of of them. If I have my own child, I may very likely risk my life for him/her too

IF I am ~90% certain of an afterlife, I wouldn't be scared of death either
Sorry for sidetracking, back to topic of CODEX

So this CODEX deal is pretty serious huh? Does anyone think any conspiracy theory is going on? I think we should fight it like we fought the Arizona gov to regulate Alcor. it's not fair. i haven't even begun taking supplements, and the gov will take them away from me.

I think the world's govs and elite Secret Societies like the ILLUMINATI are trying to reduce human population. Their ideal goal is 500 million people for the entire globe, consisting of the "enlightened guys" of illuminati. are we enlightened enough to them?

Who thinks our gov is not controlled by secret societies? To the guys like illuminati, 90% of world population is disposable and if they find any supplement or pill to extend life , they'd want those for themselves. They're out-breeded. They're scared. I heard George W Bush is a Mason or something , and Bush and Kerry were Skulls and Bones. SKULLS and BONES?!?? I think these symbolize Death

Edited by HYP86, 02 July 2008 - 12:47 AM.

#16 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

If they crack down on supplements in the U.S.A. I will seriously consider moving to another country. I can do my job anywhere. Most supplements are manufactured in China anyway

... and as long as we're breaking out the tinfoil hats... According to Benjamin Fulford (see youtube for lots of videos) the Asian secret societies are currently really really upset with the Illuminati over this engineered die-off plan.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 02 July 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#17 ironchet

• 66 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:25 AM

Crack down on natural products is taking place in Canada right now and it could happen here in the US.

Canada's C-51 Law May Outlaw 60% of Natural Health Products; Big Pharma Pushing to Criminalize Supplements

http://www.stopc51.com/

A new law being pushed in Canada by Big Pharma seeks to outlaw up to 60 percent of natural health products currently sold in Canada, even while criminalizing parents who give herbs or supplements to their children. The law, known as C-51, was introduced by the Canadian Minister of Health on April 8th, 2008, and it proposes sweeping changes to Canada's Food and Drugs Act that could have devastating consequences on the health products industry.

Among the changes proposed by the bill are radical alterations to key terminology, including replacing the word "drug" with "therapeutic product" throughout the Act, thereby giving the Canadian government broad-reaching powers to regulate the sale of all herbs, vitamins, supplements and other items. With this single language change, anything that is "therapeutic" automatically falls under the Food and Drug Act. This would include ...

#18 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:04 PM

Krillin my friend,

I hate to say it, but you are incredibly naive and utterly brainwashed by CNN and high school history texts like most if you actually think there is a competitive election between the democrats and republicans happening right now.

you're first clue should be that there is only two parties, thus two people who ever have a chance in hell. It that a democracy? uh...

your 2nd clue should be that you have to be a multimillionaire just to run. Hmmm...

your 3rd clue is that you need a war chest of hundreds of millions to run a successful campaign, where does that money come from? corporation donations washed and hidden. the same companies pay for both potential electorates.

your 4th clue should be that is the major media networks don't cover you and invite to press conferences you'll never even make it through the primaries. look what happened to ron paul this year. media isn't free or unbiased. if i own a media company, i can print and say whatever the hell i want, and the masses will believe it. bottom line

your 5th clue is that obama and george w bush and dick cheney and al gore and yes even Kerry are all cousins. Some many times removed but they are ALL cousins. It is nepotism for a very disturbing and reason testing credulity so i won't bother getting into it.

propaganda was in it's infancy and very primitive in nazi germany and then in stalinist soviet union. Nowadays it's infinitely more sophisticated via MK ULTRA cia research, etc, and thus a nation of slaves think they're free and have a democracy.

Krillin knows plenty about nutraceuticals but you are brainwashed about real world politics. the election is theater, nothing more. just another distraction to dumb down the sheeple population. i encourage you to do your own research to easily substantiate every ounce of my claims.

By the way, if we wanna talk the last straw that will really break our backs is the fact that by 2012 many ISP's will be run by corporations and will levy a surcharge on you for any site you want to visit that isn't part of the ISP's package.

In other words, say goodbye to the only democracy we've ever had -- the internet. Hopefully this is more speculation than fact as not a lot of evidence is out there to corroborate this as of yet, but that is word from people who actually have a clue about our infinitely controlled lives.

#19 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:42 AM

To keep it short, I'll point out one demonstrable falsehood and then invoke the weakest link of the chain technique to dismiss the rest of your post. It's not productive to be paranoid like John Hammell. (I was very disappointed to see LEF working with him again after disowning him due to his 9/11 ravings.) Keep a level head and work with the supplement companies and Senators Orrin Hatch and Tom Harkin to keep our stuff legal. If they're not beating the drums, chances are there's no problem on the horizon.

your 2nd clue should be that you have to be a multimillionaire just to run. Hmmm...

Bill Clinton didn't even have $1 million when he ran.

$700,000
between $350,000 and $1 million (suggesting that the first source took the midpoint of the range reported to the FEC)

#20 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

Does anyone have connections with some people high up in supplement companies? What do they think of all this?

#21 Matthias

• 851 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

What do they think of all this?

"Dr. Rath" is a supplement company that fights the Codex Alimentarius for many years.

http://www4.dr-rath-...anti_codex.html

Posted Image

#22 Wulf

• 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone have connections with some people high up in supplement companies? What do they think of all this?

I linked to the NPA's Issue Center in my previous post. The Natural Products Association membership includes companies like NOW Foods, Jarrow Labs, Country Life, GNC, Herbalife and on and on. I get the impression people aren't bothering to read the links, so let me make this easier:

From the NPA's Issue Center (emphasis mine)

The adoption of final Codex Supplement Guidelines by the Codex Commission will not threaten the freedom to access dietary supplements and information about supplements that are guaranteed in the United States by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994(DSHEA). No amendment, repeal or other change to DSHEA would be required, as a matter of U.S. law. Since the Codex Supplement Guidelines do not require any change to DSHEA, the guidelines will not have any practical impact on sales of dietary supplements in the United States, by either suppliers or retailers. DSHEA will continue to govern domestic sales.

From the linked document in NPA's Issue Center, Codex: Just the Facts

"The United States has never adopted Codex guidelines, for dietary supplements or any other products. ..."
"When entering into international trade agreements, Congress took care to add provisions that protect U.S. law, including public health statutes like the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994. Regardless of what happens internationally, DSHEA will continue to govern domestic sales."

In regards to the Guidelines for Vitamins and Mineral Food Suplements, the FDA's page on questions about Codex Alimentarius says (you can also read the guidelines yourself to confirm)

The Guidelines apply only to supplements that contain vitamins and/or minerals, where these products are regulated as foods. The Guidelines address the composition of vitamin and mineral supplements, including the safety, purity, and bioavailability of the sources of vitamins and minerals.

The Guidelines do not specify upper limits for vitamins and minerals in supplements. Instead, they provide criteria for establishing maximum amounts of vitamins and minerals per daily portion of supplement consumed, as recommended by the manufacturer. The criteria specify that maximum amounts should be established by scientific risk assessment based on generally accepted scientific data and taking into consideration, as appropriate, the varying degrees of sensitivity of different consumer groups.

The Guidelines also address the packaging and labeling of vitamin and mineral supplements.

and again from the same page (emphasis mine):

Some consumers mistakenly believe that with the adoption of the Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements, the U.S. is required to automatically change its laws and regulations to comply with the international standard. Some have expressed concerns that the World Trade Organization (WTO) and its trade dispute settlement panels may place pressure on the U.S. to change its laws because of international trade agreements such as the Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS Agreement), which references Codex as the international organization for food safety standards.

We see no basis for these concerns. First, the DSHEA covers a much broader range of dietary supplements than the vitamin and mineral supplements that are the subject of the Codex Guidelines. Moreover, for supplements covered by these Guidelines, we note the following:

• The SPS Agreement does not require a country to adopt any international standard. Rather, the SPS Agreement provides that members may base their Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures either on international standards, guidelines or recommendations, where they exist, or may establish measures that result in a higher level of protection if there is a scientific justification, or if a country determines it to be appropriate in accord with provisions of the SPS Agreement (SPS Agreement, Article 3(1) and (3)).
  • WTO and WTO dispute panels do not have the power to change U.S. law. If a WTO decision in response to a dispute settlement panel is adverse to the U.S., only Congress and the Administration can decide whether to implement the panel recommendation, and, if so, how to implement it.
  • For dietary supplements, it is unlikely that another country will accuse the U.S. of imposing a trade barrier for the importation of supplement products into the U.S. marketplace because the U.S. laws and regulations are generally broader in scope and less restrictive than the international standard.
  • However, other countries with more restrictive laws and regulations for dietary supplement products than the U.S. may create trade barriers to the importation of products manufactured by the U.S. dietary supplement industry. Thus, the U.S. government's involvement in the setting of international standards can help minimize the potential of trade barriers to U.S products in international trade.
Further, there is no basis for the concern that the Codex Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements would require dietary supplements be sold as prescription drugs in the United States. First, there is nothing in the Guidelines that suggests that supplements be sold as drugs requiring a prescription. Second, U.S. regulatory agencies are bound by the laws established by Congress, not by Codex standards. Third, because of our generally less restrictive standards, it is unlikely that the trade dispute would be brought against the U.S.

#23 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

I linked to the NPA's Issue Center in my previous post. The Natural Products Association membership includes companies like NOW Foods, Jarrow Labs, Country Life, GNC, Herbalife and on and on. I get the impression people aren't bothering to read the links, so let me make this easier:

From the NPA's Issue Center (emphasis mine)

The adoption of final Codex Supplement Guidelines by the Codex Commission will not threaten the freedom to access dietary supplements and information about supplements that are guaranteed in the United States by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994(DSHEA). No amendment, repeal or other change to DSHEA would be required, as a matter of U.S. law. Since the Codex Supplement Guidelines do not require any change to DSHEA, the guidelines will not have any practical impact on sales of dietary supplements in the United States, by either suppliers or retailers. DSHEA will continue to govern domestic sales.

From the linked document in NPA's Issue Center, Codex: Just the Facts

"The United States has never adopted Codex guidelines, for dietary supplements or any other products. ..."
"When entering into international trade agreements, Congress took care to add provisions that protect U.S. law, including public health statutes like the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994. Regardless of what happens internationally, DSHEA will continue to govern domestic sales."

In regards to the Guidelines for Vitamins and Mineral Food Suplements, the FDA's page on questions about Codex Alimentarius says (you can also read the guidelines yourself to confirm)

The Guidelines apply only to supplements that contain vitamins and/or minerals, where these products are regulated as foods. The Guidelines address the composition of vitamin and mineral supplements, including the safety, purity, and bioavailability of the sources of vitamins and minerals.

The Guidelines do not specify upper limits for vitamins and minerals in supplements. Instead, they provide criteria for establishing maximum amounts of vitamins and minerals per daily portion of supplement consumed, as recommended by the manufacturer. The criteria specify that maximum amounts should be established by scientific risk assessment based on generally accepted scientific data and taking into consideration, as appropriate, the varying degrees of sensitivity of different consumer groups.

The Guidelines also address the packaging and labeling of vitamin and mineral supplements.

and again from the same page (emphasis mine):

Some consumers mistakenly believe that with the adoption of the Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements, the U.S. is required to automatically change its laws and regulations to comply with the international standard. Some have expressed concerns that the World Trade Organization (WTO) and its trade dispute settlement panels may place pressure on the U.S. to change its laws because of international trade agreements such as the Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS Agreement), which references Codex as the international organization for food safety standards.

We see no basis for these concerns. First, the DSHEA covers a much broader range of dietary supplements than the vitamin and mineral supplements that are the subject of the Codex Guidelines. Moreover, for supplements covered by these Guidelines, we note the following:

• The SPS Agreement does not require a country to adopt any international standard. Rather, the SPS Agreement provides that members may base their Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures either on international standards, guidelines or recommendations, where they exist, or may establish measures that result in a higher level of protection if there is a scientific justification, or if a country determines it to be appropriate in accord with provisions of the SPS Agreement (SPS Agreement, Article 3(1) and (3)).
  • WTO and WTO dispute panels do not have the power to change U.S. law. If a WTO decision in response to a dispute settlement panel is adverse to the U.S., only Congress and the Administration can decide whether to implement the panel recommendation, and, if so, how to implement it.
  • For dietary supplements, it is unlikely that another country will accuse the U.S. of imposing a trade barrier for the importation of supplement products into the U.S. marketplace because the U.S. laws and regulations are generally broader in scope and less restrictive than the international standard.
  • However, other countries with more restrictive laws and regulations for dietary supplement products than the U.S. may create trade barriers to the importation of products manufactured by the U.S. dietary supplement industry. Thus, the U.S. government's involvement in the setting of international standards can help minimize the potential of trade barriers to U.S products in international trade.
Further, there is no basis for the concern that the Codex Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements would require dietary supplements be sold as prescription drugs in the United States. First, there is nothing in the Guidelines that suggests that supplements be sold as drugs requiring a prescription. Second, U.S. regulatory agencies are bound by the laws established by Congress, not by Codex standards. Third, because of our generally less restrictive standards, it is unlikely that the trade dispute would be brought against the U.S.

very informative post thx for clearing that up.

#24 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

This is just some food for thought. National health care would give a convenient excuse to ban supplements. After all you can't have people poisoning their bodies with possible unsafe, or unproven supplements if the government (the people) have to pay for the medical expenses of any problems caused by the unsafe supplements. That's also just the beginning of bans. The same excuse could easily be used on a fat person putting too much butter on a roll. Next no more motorcycle riding, horseback riding, skydiving, etc. Some insurance companies already attach riders to policy's stating no coverage for accidents caused by motorcycle riding. Why did they restrict supplements in Canada?

#25 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

Krillin,

please do deconstruct the rest of my earlier statement if you are capable.

Bill Clinton didn't even have 1 million? did you see how much money was given to him to make him president? Check out how much he ran for president with. you honestly must suck straight from the teat on CNN. Go run for president if it's a democracy and see how you do. it's all a sham, i assure you. The election is equivalent to WWE. it is not even a two party election, it is a monopoly.

thats like saying we have capitalism and a competitive market in the US. We don't. If you are a successful company growing in the market the monoliths simply buy you up. they know all about you long before you can ever become a threat -- and thus competitive. Thus everything's conglomerates now. It is a bunch of monopolies, and every day they continue to buy up everything left. It is not at all capitalism, it's corporate fascism if you wanna get technical on the vernacular most suited.

Now realize certain families like the Rothschild and Windsors have been billionaires for centuries. Nobody really knows how wealthy the queen is, because it is not admitted, but she is more wealthy than any gates or warren buffet will ever even fractionally approach. so these two families and 11 or so others like them have been buying up any "new competition" anywhere for a long time. the fiscal battle for global control is long long over. we all lost.

the brits colonized the entire world centuries ago. true they ostensibly gave back most of these governments to self determination of the people living in these countries. But in truth all they did was install puppet governments who have the same skin color as the ppl of the country so they could remote control from afar. Read a book called "Confessions of an Economic Hit man" to see how governments are controlled by CIA, NSA, MI-5, etc nowadays. it's the same everywhere.

learn about how the world bank actually works in conjunction with the IMF if you want to see how the rest of the world is torn apart economically and put in permanent debt. The US itself is collapsing intentionally. No corporate power gives a damn if america burns economically. They'll just sell to the next country they'll suck dry via debt. Then move on again and leave these countries in black holes of economic depression. Nations don't really exist anymore, this is not the nationalist world of many decades ago -- that is long gone. corporations are today's nations, and most global 500 have better economies than most countries in the world. it doesn't matter where you live, only money and influence matters.

Codex is real, if you know who runs WHO, whatever stipulations you think protect you, it's not the case. This is why alot of people are protesting en masse, and they've done a lot more research than any of us. It is not harmless at all, and it will get here as fast as they can get it here. Look what's happened in Europe already.

Are people in this forum aware of the impending Amero that has already been enacted joining canada and mexico to the usa, just like the EU?

Too many of us still just take what's officially said as obviously true. If it's a doctor, or government worker, or comes off mainstream media or an official mainstream journal, must be true. It's remarkable how much of that stuff is lies.

Royal Rife could cure various cancers way back in 1932 via resonant frequencies and using a classical light microscope which he made with 50,000 power magnification. The max power supposedly of microscopes today is 2500 x -- only an electron microscope can get to anywhere near 50,000 if you ask the establishment. but rife's microscopes still exist in musuems. But the tech was never adopted and rife is entirely discredited as a quack by the any official body you ask.

Research Mr Rife -- he truly indeed cured many cases of terminal cancer with mere resonant frequencies. nobody was interested in cures. bad business.

#26 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

I have heard many a doctor in the know say there is an agenda to kill us off and make us more susceptible to a myriad of disease as the world is overpopulated.

not just a conspiracy theory about us being intentionally killed, irregardless of how absurd some of you may find that, i assure you and swear on my life it is 100 % true if you do the research, it is easy to corroborate. many bioengineered viruses are out there slowly weaning specific populations and some to thin out the overall herd too, heard this from many ex cia, mi-6, nsa, and government DOD scientists. it is a reality

You must have really bad sources. Bioengineered viruses out there killing us off? Uh? For example what?

#27 RicardoW

• 84 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

It is true, there are too many people. It is not even just too many people, it is how we have gotten to this point. We have spent a tremendous amount of money and effort to try to make everyone survive. Which is the polar opposite of natures intention. Nature intends for a certain amount of the population not to survive, which is how natural selection optimizes the gene pool but through drugs, legal/government intervention charities etc. we have circumvented that. So we dont need to make viruses and take away vitamins etc. to thin out the crowd, nature will take it course if we just stopped doing all the things we have been doing to get in its way. I think if the elite wanted to thin out the crowd, they would work on influencing all the aspects that contribute to it. Meaning they could discourage charities, discourage vaccines, etc. etc. But they arent doing that so I am not so sure how much of an intention they have. I guess it is possible they dont realize all of the things that contributed to the overpopulation but that seems hard to believe. I think that if they do truly want to thin out the crowd, then it is mother nature exerting its force through them. You cant fight mother natures intention. We try to fight it but it eventually wins, we fight the floods by building levies, but nature just ends up breaking through them. We try to fight disease and the diseases just get more virulent (ironically through natural selection)

What are good genes really? I don’t think Einstein with his weak physique, disregard less of his intelligence, would have survived in the jungle. Yet he had one of the most brilliant minds In human history. This theory that only the best survive probably becomes more right the less complex the organism are.

Any way its bizarre how mankind during evolution has become so intelligent that we actually can control reactions like depression that initially has forest us to change our behaviour. Some times I wonder at what point we no longer are human beings.

#28 Splicer

• 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

You cant fight mother natures intention. We try to fight it but it eventually wins, we fight the floods by building levies, but nature just ends up breaking through them. We try to fight disease and the diseases just get more virulent (ironically through natural selection)

How many people in here realize that pathogens/germ based diseases are intended to carry out this exact purpose (thinning the crowd) ?
Meaning you can think of a germ based illness is a "test" so if you are healthy you pass the test and live, if you are ill or weak then you dont pass the test and get removed from the gene pool.
I am not advocating anything here and I dont know what the answer is, I am just telling you what natures intention is. We should spend more time thinking about what the solution is though.

Nature does not have intention. It's a machine that doesn't care and works according to physical law. If you want to understand it or tweak some aspect of it I think you need to remember this.

- Splicer

Edited by Splicer, 03 August 2008 - 03:38 PM.

#29 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

Krillin my friend,

I hate to say it, but you are incredibly naive and utterly brainwashed by CNN and high school history texts like most if you actually think there is a competitive election between the democrats and republicans happening right now.

your 5th clue is that obama and george w bush and dick cheney and al gore and yes even Kerry are all cousins. Some many times removed but they are ALL cousins. It is nepotism for a very disturbing and reason testing credulity so i won't bother getting into it.

many bioengineered viruses are out there slowly weaning specific populations and some to thin out the overall herd too, heard this from many ex cia, mi-6, nsa, and government DOD scientists. it is a reality

You need help.

Edited by TianZi, 03 August 2008 - 04:19 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

From the FDA's website:

"Further, there is no basis for the concern that the Codex Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements would require dietary supplements be sold as prescription drugs in the United States. First, there is nothing in the Guidelines that suggests that supplements be sold as drugs requiring a prescription. Second, U.S. regulatory agencies are bound by the laws established by Congress, not by Codex standards. Third, because of our generally less restrictive standards, it is unlikely that the trade dispute would be brought against the U.S.

In summary, U.S. consumers' access to a broad array of dietary supplements under DSHEA would not be changed in any way by Codex's adoption of guidelines on vitamin and mineral food supplements."

This entire thread is ludicrous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users