• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#1561 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:51 AM

Certainly the opposite of the CR strategy.  Say what you want, but between him and a CR guy of the same age, I know who's going to get more girls in the old age home.  :laugh:

Except this guy has no need for an old age home and would probably have no issues picking up girls in their 20's or 30's! He does look great considering its a regular 'real' photo. Hopefully for us a big part of his youthfulness is related to a life of rigorous exercise!

Edited by e Volution, 28 October 2010 - 01:52 AM.

#1562 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

Certainly a good poster boy for those who recommend exogenous steroids to prevent age-related muscle loss and fragility.
Certainly the opposite of the CR strategy. Say what you want, but between him and a CR guy of the same age, I know who's going to get more girls in the old age home. :laugh:

Lol.. That's what I was thinking about..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1563 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

That Lindsey De Paul, just ... "wow" at this woman. If she had had things done ( I assume so, kinda hard to believe in this case in all the "I just do yoga and drink a lot of water" crap ) then by real Da Vincis of estetic surgery. If I was in a club and saw her in a dim lighting, I wouldn't think she's older than 30, unless maybe moves gave her away to some extent, and your voice obviously does that too. I declare "good plastic enhancement for every human being" !

Robinson indeed is a win too, but his situation is a bit different - De Paul has the advantage of looks wherever she goes and whatever she decides to do in her life, whereas a guy looking like him may be placed in this "unreal" category if he was to hang around and work among non - body builders. I think for a man it's wise considering the social interactions to strive for a slightly larger than average frame, that gives you the pros without the downsides, like not having to prove to people that you can read and write and you don't sell crack in back alleys, but enough to be judged as "buff". If all of the sudden Robinson had to work in an office or something, he would have to wear real dorky glassess and same hairdo to balance things to seem trustworthy and credible hehe

Edited by chris w, 28 October 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#1564 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, she obviously had work done, and probably pretty major one. But the point here'd be that - it's an extraordinary well done.
And as for muscles, well from experience I know that a suit or a looser shirt may downplay/hide that very well.

#1565 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

It's sad when a 70 year old looks better than most 40 something year olds. lol

Posted Image

Edited by TheFountain, 16 November 2010 - 12:05 PM.

#1566 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

That Lindsey De Paul, just ... "wow" at this woman. If she had had things done ( I assume so, kinda hard to believe in this case in all the "I just do yoga and drink a lot of water" crap ) then by real Da Vincis of estetic surgery. If I was in a club and saw her in a dim lighting, I wouldn't think she's older than 30, unless maybe moves gave her away to some extent, and your voice obviously does that too. I declare "good plastic enhancement for every human being" !

Robinson indeed is a win too, but his situation is a bit different - De Paul has the advantage of looks wherever she goes and whatever she decides to do in her life, whereas a guy looking like him may be placed in this "unreal" category if he was to hang around and work among non - body builders. I think for a man it's wise considering the social interactions to strive for a slightly larger than average frame, that gives you the pros without the downsides, like not having to prove to people that you can read and write and you don't sell crack in back alleys, but enough to be judged as "buff". If all of the sudden Robinson had to work in an office or something, he would have to wear real dorky glassess and same hairdo to balance things to seem trustworthy and credible hehe

I talk to alot of girls between the ages of say, 17 and 25 (my age). And I am exceedingly amazed at how many of them hate too much muscle on males, or find it intimidating (not surprising, considering how things are changing). Thank goodness I am small, despite being lean. This is not to say they don't like muscle, just that hulking muscle man look.

#1567 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

I talk to alot of girls between the ages of say, 17 and 25 (my age). And I am exceedingly amazed at how many of them hate too much muscle on males, or find it intimidating (not surprising, considering how things are changing). Thank goodness I am small, despite being lean. This is not to say they don't like muscle, just that hulking muscle man look.

MOST women like muscle .....

Most women dont like too much muscle at any age.

When you get to the point you are popping out all over with veins, women don't find that overly attractive.

I am glad you at least explained why you said women dont like muscles this time, in context of what you said ...I agree. However, women will prefer any man that is in shape and has 'muscles' (not in excess) over a man without, any day of the week. The trick is to stay lean and strong and cut.

#1568 Alec

• 88 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

For the Jared Leto fanboys, here's a how-to on looking just like him. It helps to be female first. :-)

That was amazing. Though I liked her before the transformation of course. And over 1.5 million views at youtube.

Edited by Alec, 16 November 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#1569 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

Ringo does llook great, dayum..

A 61yo with a dissease "scleroderma". It's when body produces too much collagen (tho it's not always ends like this. I mean - person looking young. It's pretty painful dissease, can cause excessive skin thickening,etc..). Though it seems that having increased collagen production in your skin is half of the job to have a young/great skin at an advanced age:

Posted Image

http://www.dailymail...n-disorder.html

#1570 Matt

• 2,865 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

She doesn't look that young to me, maybe 50's.

#1571 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

Well just out of curiosity I'd be interested to see what age the people on here would place me at....once I have a sufficient sample size, then I'll post my actual age. I think it would be beneficial as to what your own age is & if you're a male or female & if you want to throw out some reasons why you chose as you did. Photo is recent & not altered in any way

Random comments to no one in particular:
Small pictures tend to blurr wrinkles, and reduce estimates of age.
low res cell phone photos taken from 3 feet away tend to weaken jawlines, and reduce estimates of age.
Hats obscure forehead wrinkles and have the effect of reducing age estimates my 5 years.
Thus, if you want to get an honest opinion of age, you should post a large photo taken with a good camera
from more than 6 feet away while not wearing a hat.

Edited by JohnD60, 16 November 2010 - 09:46 PM.

#1572 fksky

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:31 PM

I agree most of the time when someone says they look so and so many years younger they are usually wrong. And especially for heathy people the difference between 25-35 shouldn't be big.

Attached File  sean%20connery%20max%20level.jpg   66.82KB   36 downloads

Attached File  Premiere+Walt+Disney+Pictures+Hannah+Montana+4ULcMsdgAx_l.jpg   73.81KB   40 downloads
This guy is 33 and plays a 20 year old on Hannah Montana.

#1573 Alec

• 88 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:58 AM

I think a lot of people can look young and have wrinkles. I've seen guys and women in their early twenties with wrinkles but still have healthy looking skin. It's a bunch of different factors though that will help make you look good when your're older I suppose. Patrick Dempsey is proof that you don't have to have perfect baby skin to look young. I mean the guy looks great.

Posted Image

Edited by Alec, 17 November 2010 - 01:03 AM.

#1574 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

I went to Home Depot today to purchase some spray paint and other odds and ends. In my State, in an effort to curb graffiti, sales of spray paint are restricted to 18 years and over. I have bought spray paint at Home Depot before, and have never been asked my birth date, as no sane person would think I was 17. Maybe they changed the system, maybe the clerk wasn't sane, but for what ever reason the check out clerk asked me my birth date this time. Out of general principle I don't give retailers accurate personal information. But I was caught a little off guard and made up a birth date that would make me 65 years old. I am really 50 years old. The clerk was amazed at how good I looked for 65. I am not sure if I should be flattered that the clerk though I looked amazing for 65, or depressed that she didn't get that it was supposed to be a joke.

I have made a mental note to not over state my age by more than 5 years in the future.

#1575 Alec

• 88 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

I had been reading this post and am very surprised my the general misconceptions.

Most of the people here keep confusing aging with the effect of hormones in the face and the body.

forehead wrinkles for example as most males have in their 30sh or 40sh are not a sign of aging or collagen crosslinking it is a sign that growth hormone has afected this part of the face,Growth hormone cause thick skin with large pores and deep creases.If you look at people in their 20 that has an illness that produce too much growth hormone(acromegaly) you will see in their 20sh they are full of deep wrinkles and creases and old thick leatherlike skin.On the other side if you look at people lacking testosterone and growth hormone in their 30 they have velvet child alike skin.

Many people also confuse having neotenious(child alike) features to be aging well.Jared leto has a very child alike facial structure plus doesnt seem to have much growth hormone receptors neither dihidrotestosterone one(that cause male baldness, coarse skin) the same goes with eminem.

Judging for eminem hands , skin , and facial structure is really have low growth hormone receptors or levels in his body that is why he looks so young.Despite I dont really think he is aging well internaly as he doesnt seem to have a healthy life style.

But you guys are looking at people who are not even 40, before 40 aging in human specie hasnt really kick in!!!!!!!evolution programed us to live quite long, we are a long live specie our proteins and cell membranes are quite resistant to oxidation and damage, so when you guys talk about aging show pictures of people in their 60 or 70 that looks 40 that would a real deal.

I read the entire post and you guys are only showing picture of people who have less maturation signs, than most of the people at their age.That is genetics and how hormones afect their bodys but it has nothing to do with real aging,(unmetaboliced end products acumulation, protein crosslinking, decrease of organ funcional cells, mithocondrial failure, stem cells exhaustion and so on.

Also I am surprised that people doesnt realize that people we consider good looking usually also look younger.Beauty in humans is the sexual selection aplied in our specie, our specie is clearly siffting more and more to neoteny, the more young looking a person looks(big eyes, full hair, good skin ) the more beautiful we perceive them,So it comes together.the same goes with people who are considered ugly they are usually considered like that , either because they have old looking features(small eyes big nose protruding chin, baldnesss leather like skin) or less evolved face(less neotenius) more primitive(ape like)(very small forehead, coarse features , ape like structure.)

this guy matt(from england ,well he lost a lot of weight(caloric restriction I belive) that cause the decrease the 3 main hormones that mature the face and the body, insulin, growth hormone activity ,and increase the binding protein of testosterone(so less testosterone active), so you are dematurating(if the word exist) yourself that is why you look younger , you may at the same time be delaying the aging process too though.

But I have seen many people specially women that are doing caloric restriction and look much older than their non cronies sisters, the reason for this is because they are using a high protein diet, high protein diet increase growth hormone igf1 and if you are very thin the effect of igf1 on the body is even stronger, plus this women as have less strogen of their bodys tent to have an unbalance Testosterone/ estrogen being testosterone the winner. so they look masculine.
A women that has strong bone structure, no fat in her face, a muscular fat free body looks older and more masculine(and also less pretty) than a women with a more femenine look)

in my opinion caloric restriction in humans doesnt work unless you restrict proteins too, our specie have strong mechanism to produce growth hormone igf1 even in famine times, while many animals under caloric restriction have decrease igf1 levels, humans dont. only by doing protein restriction too we can achive this.

I would even dare to say and I am almost 100% positive of this , that a person doing a 40% caloric restriction with high protein diet, will age much faster and die sooner than someone doing a mild 20%caloric restriction plus a mild protein restriction too.

I keep telling people the reason Jared leto looks about 15 years younger than his real age is due to lack of DHT production due to his diet, which has been vegetarian and vegan for most of his adult life. Like it or not meat consumption plays a role in DHT production. So you people who consume alot of meat should consider taking soy isoflavones with your meals (a feature of vegetarian and vegan diets is often high soy consumption). Studies show soy isoflavones to be a good DHT inhibitor. And what's good about isoflavones is you have the DHT inhibiting effect without the possible estrogenic one.

Interesting. Okay, so let's say it's low testosterone, IGF-1 and DHT that helps. What's your opinion on good sources of soy isoflavones?

Saw palmetto has also shown promise with supressing IGF-1 and DHT conversion.

#1576 AstralStorm

• 94 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

O'Connery unfortunately went older, esp. balder.

That lady with scleroderma would look young if not for the age spots - those are correctible by cosmetics or skin bleaching.

The guy that's supposedlyt in 70s sure kept his youth - I suspect he dyes his beard and hair though.

Edited by AstralStorm, 26 November 2010 - 04:03 AM.

#1577 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

Philippa Rascker 61 (at that time. 2007.). Amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mk-fLu1lzA

In action now (at 64):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNu0MOwXJc

Posted Image
Posted Image

At 63:

Posted Image

Posted Image[/URL]

I'd go as far as to say that she might be hormonized. As that physique, skin, etc.. is just way above "average"..

Edited by VidX, 27 November 2010 - 01:25 AM.

#1578 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

The Phillipa Rasckher (sp?) story is a good one, thanks for the reference. Her body looks great, the face looks maybe 10 years younger, I found there to be a distinct lack of facial closeups on the web. I'd probably see her at the gym and think, wow she looks great for a 55 year old, I don't think that I would mistake her for a 40 year old. As best as I can tell there is no drug testing in any of these senior events (which I'd guess to be junior in profile to little league games and bowling leagues), and there is a suspicious lack of denial or even discussion regarding hormone replacement in news stories documenting her achievements, thus I suspect she is on some kind of hormone replacement therapy, she has a long history of using leading edge supplements (she imported creatine from Europe in the early 1990s before it was available in the U.S.), so that is kind of a red flag to me also.

Edited by JohnD60, 27 November 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#1579 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

Tho', on the other hand - we don't really care whether someone is "enhanced" in one way or another, as long as "They look as young as they claim" (in regards to topic). But it's always interesting to know the details, obviously. As if hormone replacement works (and it works) - it may be one of the ways to effectively combat degeneration (risk vs reward dilemma is a common sense here..) after a certain age/state of the body.

p.s. - yes body, and what impresses me even more is the movement/flexibility/coordination, that you hardly ever witness in a person her age.

Edited by VidX, 27 November 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#1580 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:33 AM

Yea, but it is about the entire package to me. It isn't particularly impressive to me to make one's body look 20 years younger if you are using HGH and TEST, but you neglect your face and it still looks 60. Example the 64 year old body builder you posted a picture of, if I were to guess his age I would guess 58, because his face still looks 60, I don't average the body (40) and the face (60), and come up with a composite age of 50, I give more weight to the older looking feature.

If you Google- philippa raschker espn - you will come across a video related to ' the body issue', 15 seconds in there is a 0.3 second close up on her. With some effort one can pause on it and see that her face looks that of a typical 60 year old but without any grey hair.

Posted Image
(Hopefully my photo embed worked) This a picture of Morgan Fairchild from 2008 when she was 58. To me she is impressive, because she looks younger than 58 from head to toe.

#1581 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

^^ Except her arms lol what a blemish on an otherwise amazing looking almost 60 year old. Even her hands which is a typical giveaway look great. Low carb diet and some exercise would fix the arms right up, look at Madonna!

#1582 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

A 61yo with a dissease "scleroderma". It's when body produces too much collagen (tho it's not always ends like this. I mean - person looking young. It's pretty painful dissease, can cause excessive skin thickening,etc..). Though it seems that having increased collagen production in your skin is half of the job to have a young/great skin at an advanced age

"Interesting" disease, so to say. I think that if she took off her glassess and grew her hair long, she could pass for a forty smth with ease. I guess the giveaway is the subtle lack of volume in the upper lip area, perhaps the nose is a little too pointy as well.

The article says it's not hereditary, but wiki - that it in fact is ( and more often among African American women and a particular Indian tribe )

Morgan Fairchild is hot, but I don't know, there's something a bit manly about her face IMO.

#1583 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yep, aside from her "old look" (as in sense of style) I find her skin to look very healthy and firm.

Wonder what Morgan have done, as the overall complexion is impressive. You can't achieve that skin tone with a ps. Maybe she's lucky in gene department (and must've avoided sun religiously).

As for the runner - I'd say she has a lot of sun damage caused wrinkles, but her overall facial tone (as underlying, etc..) is pretty good to pass for 45 if removed the crows feet and stuff..

#1584 John2009

• 110 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

I was surprised to learn that actor Joseph Mascolo is 81 years old, he does not look that old to me. It's also interesting that his parents recently celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary. Josephs father died in 2010 at 106 & Joseph's mother is 96. I think he must have some good longevity genes.

http://en.wikipedia..../Joseph_Mascolo

http://www.wfsb.com/...330/detail.html

#1585 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

Yes JM looks goof for what I take would be 78 years old in that 2007 wiki picture. But, he doesn't look particularly mobile. Chubbies can often maintain that youthful face look later in life. There are other pictures of him on the web, but dates are difficult to discern. From that wiki picture I would guess him to be 61. But, what '78' is supposed to look like is beyond my scope of experience.
eta: out of the more than 100 photos of him on the net (many posed shots), only two are of him without a suit, and those two have him in long sleeve shirts, I wonder if he even owns a short sleeve shirt.

Edited by JohnD60, 29 November 2010 - 01:14 AM.

#1586 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

Now this is inspiring:

and another nice one (in it's own way):

#1587 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

The 85-year-old dude in the thong is interesting because he's pretty thin, unlike most of the older bodybilders. His skin looks surprisingly young. Does he use growth hormones or something? Why doesn't he have that "old man" saggy skin?

#1588 Sciolaro

• 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

The 85-year-old dude in the thong is interesting because he's pretty thin, unlike most of the older bodybilders. His skin looks surprisingly young. Does he use growth hormones or something? Why doesn't he have that "old man" saggy skin?

This reminds me of a video suggesting the youthful skin of a small group in Japan was the result of a diet high in hyaluronic acid.

#1589 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

85 year old guy does look Japanese to me, maybe he has the Japanese longevity gene. I hope I am close to that good of shape at 85.o

Old superman is 56 according to his Bodybuilding.com profile page. Which is basicly what I would have guessed based upon the video. Just 56 with a really buff body.
buried Quote from website which took me an hour to find:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominAV
Old Superman, just curious, you getting HRT?

"Yes since I was 34 years old. It's a congenital problem in the men in my family. HRT is not to be discussed on this forum according to the rules, so if you want to discuss HRT with me PM me."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have anything against HRT. I expect I will take advantage of it in 5 or 10 years. But to put yourself out there as a role model and not be forthright in acknowledging that your on HRT is BS in my opinion. (and if he is on HRT and not being upfront in acknowleding it, he may very well be cycling deca imo).

Edited by JohnD60, 09 December 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#1590 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

85 year old guy does look Japanese to me, maybe he has the Japanese longevity gene. I hope I am close to that good of shape at 85.o

Old superman is 56 according to his Bodybuilding.com profile page. Which is basicly what I would have guessed based upon the video. Just 56 with a really buff body.
buried Quote from website which took me an hour to find:

I don't have anything against HRT. I expect I will take advantage of it in 5 or 10 years. But to put yourself out there as a role model and not be forthright in acknowledging that your on HRT is BS in my opinion. (and if he is on HRT and not being upfront in acknowleding it, he may very well be cycling deca imo).

Heh... well dude is on a lot more then deca (I don't know this, but after 10+ years in bb'ing I have some knowledge, to say the least). And anyone in a bb'ing community (well - anyone who has a clue/information/education on the field) assumes a priori that dude is most probably hormonized (it's kind of a "default" in bb'ing, anyway..) so he's a role model of an actual TRANSFORMATION, like - he was obese and kind of frail, and he chose to transform his life, stick with it and succeed. That's the main idea in it imho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)