• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

SEMAX ® and Phenylpiracetam (Phenotropyl)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

I have recently asked one of my friends in Moscow to post me a parcel with SEMAX 1% 3 ml and Phenotropyl. It will probably arrive in the end of this week.

Has anyone tried SEMAX? It's seems to be a very potent and safe nootropic drug. Russian students use it to increase their cognitive performance during the exam period. More info can be found at http://www.semaxint.com/

I will post my experience here as soon as I receive the parcel.

#2 mSiren

• 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

Looking forward!

SEMAX®
A Revolutionary Neuropeptide

SEMAX® is a neuropeptide developed from a short
fragment of ACTH, Pro8-Gly9-Pro10 ACTH(4-10) and is a neuroactive peptide with unique neuroregulatory properties.

SEMAX® is a revolutionary addition to the arsenal of the Medical profession in combatting the disastrous effects of ischemic insults on the brain like the ones caused by Brain Stroke and closed head injuries.

SEMAX® administration allows significant increases in salvaging neurons, reducing the size of infarcts and permanent damage.

SEMAX® aids recovery and restitution of mental and motoric capacities after ischemic insults, improving the patient’s quality of life after the insult.

SEMAX® also influences the intellectual capacities and memory as well as concentration of normal, healthy persons subjected to stressful working conditions, increasing their mental capacities and diminishing the index of workload.

SEMAX® IS A NEUROREGULATOR, NEUROMODULATOR AND NEUROPROTECTOR

SEMAX® IS A REVOLUTIONARY CEREBRAL REVITALISATOR

SEMAX®
History and Background

SEMAX® is a neuropeptide developed by the Institute of Molecular Genetics; Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia and “Lomonosov” University, Moscow . Research started in 1982 and involved over 30 scientists in the fields of Neurochemistry, Neurobiology, Neurology and Biochemistry from the Russian Federation.

The focus was on a short fragment of ACTH, Pro8-Gly9-Pro10 ACTH(4-10) and by dissociation of the combination of amino acids, substitution and special linkages a peptide was synthesized which had unique neuroregulatory properties.
Extensive testing over a period of 14 years resulted in the approval of the Russian Federation Ministry of Public Health and Pharmaceutical Industry on 28 March, 1996, for the clinical use of SEMAX® in the Russian Federation as a neuroactive peptide with endogenous regulatory properties affecting cerebral cellular processes which are beneficial in protecting and enhancing the recovery of cerebral functions after ischemic insults like : brain stroke, closed head injuries. Neurodegenerative processes like in Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and Huntington’s Chorea.

SEMAX® also influences the intellectual capacities and memory as well as concentration of normal, healthy persons subjected to stressful working conditions, increasing their mental capacities and diminishing the index of workload.

Pharmacology

COMPOSITION :

According to its structure, SEMAX® represents a synthetic analogue of the short fragment of Corticotropin, with no hormonal activities: ACTH (4-7) Pro-Gly-Pro.(Met-Glu-His-Phe-Pro-Gly-Pro)
The preparation is in the form of white crystalline hygroscopic powder, easily soluble in water. For clinical tests, SEMAX® was used in the form of nose drops (0.1% colorless transparent water solution with nipagin as conserving agent, in hermetically sealed bottles of 3.0ml, with pipette covers ,
pH = 4.0 - 5.5)

Pharmacological characteristics:

After intranasal application, 60-70% of SEMAX® is very quickly absorbed from the nasopharyngeal mucous membrane into the system circulation, thus as early as 1-5 minutes following its instillation the drug is accumulated in liver, adrenal glands, brain, heart, kidneys and skeletal muscles, which points to good distribution in the tissues.

Peak concentrations are achieved after 60 min.

Biotransformation develops through the action of aminopeptidases and angiotensin-converting enzyme to individual amino acids. Its half-life (t 1/2) is 4 min;

The therapeutic effect, after the application of a single dose, is maintained up to 20 hours. It is very rapidly excreted in urine via kidneys . Its half-life is : 0.4-5 minutes.

SEMAX®
Clinical and Technical Aspects

BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF SEMAX®

In the brain SEMAX® induces conformation changes in receptors of neurons comprising the Limbic Reticular complex leading to the increased generation of cAMP, c-GMP as well as of eicosanoids and certain oligopeptides: somatostatin, thyroliberin factor, cholecystokinin, dopamine, acetylcholine, serotonine, adenosine and histamine.
Semax® regulates the activating and inhibitory biosubstrate relation, NMDA receptors (glutamate, aspartate, glycine, taurine) in the central and peripheral nervous system, enhances the restitution of disturbed energy metabolism of neurons and their adjacent environment, returns the disarranged relation of neuron-astroglia function to normal, augments the activation of apoptosis inhibition, stimulates the modulation of synthesis of neurotrophins, proteins and other biosubstrates for the impaired neuron’s protection.

Semax® increases mRNA for NGF by 500% and for BDNF by 800%
(Shadrina M.I, et al)

Semax® inhibits the excessive generation of Nitic Oxide caused by cerebral ischemia.
(Bashkatova V.G; Armstrong D., et al)

Semax® increases the level of anti-inflammatory cytokines like IL-10, TGF-1ß and lowers the level of pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-8 and C-Reactive Protein
(Myasoedov N.F., Skvortsova V.I., et al )

Semax® intensifies the expression of early genes that regulate and activate the adaptation process of the impaired neurons, it augments the activation of apoptosis inhibition by increasing levels of Bcl-2.
(E.Gusev and Skvortsova V.I)

Maria I. Shadrina, Oleg V. Dolotov, Igor A. Grivennikov, Petr A. Slominsky *, Ludmila A. Andreeva, Ludmila S. Inozemtseva, Svetlana A. Limborska, Nikolay F. Myasoedov /Neuroscience Letters 308 (2001) 115-118

Myasoedov N.F., Skvortsova V.I. et al,
“Mechanisms of Neuro-protective Effects of Semax® in the Acute Period of Ischemic Insult” Zh.Nevrol.Psikhiatr. Im., S.S. Korsakova, 99; 1999; 15-19

Valentina G. Bashkatova, Vladimir B. Koshelev, Olga E. Fadyukova, Alexandr A. Alexeev, Anatolii F. Vanin, Kirill S. Rayevsky, Igor P. Ashmarin, David M. Armstrong *
/ Brain Research 894 (2001) 145–149

* Corresponding author, Thomas Jefferson University , Wynnewood , PA 19096,USA

E.Gusev, V.I. Skvortsova, Proc. 6th European Fed of Neuological. Soc. Congress,Vienna,2002

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mSiren

• 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

http://www.cnsspectr...?articleid=1400

Therapeutic Possibility of “Semax” for Depression
September 12, 2007

Along with emerging evidences regarding the role of neurotropic/growth factors in the development of major depression, I attempt to suggest the therapeutic possibility of a revolutionary neuropeptide, “Semax” functioning as neuroregulator, neuromodulator and neuroprotector, in relation with the treatment of major depression.

With regard to the action mechanism of antidepressants, a heptapeptide (Met-Glu-His-Phe-Pro-Gly-Pro) and an analogue of the N-terminal fragment (4-10) of adrenocortico-tropic hormone, “Semax” is an interesting neuropeptide.1 Emerging evidences suggest that “Semax” may have a potential in the treatment of depression.

It was found that a single application of “Semax” led to a maximal 1.4-fold increase of brain-derived neutropic factor (BDNF) levels as well as 1.6-fold increase of tyrosine kinase B receptor (TrkB) tyrosine phosporylation levels and a 3-fold and a 2-fold increase of BDNF and TrkB mRNA levels, respectively, in the rat hippocampus.2 This finding is intriguing since a number of preclinical and clinical studies have demonstrated that reduced BDNF is directly involved in the pathophysiology of depression, in particular in the hippocampus, and that its restoration may underlie the therapeutic efficacy of antidepressant treatment.3 Activation of TrkB signaling is an another important trigger for the behavioral effects that is typically observed by antidepressants.4

The proposition that “Semax” may be indirectly related to hippocampal neurogenesis reflecting its direct effect on BDNF, also suggests that “Semax” may potentially have antidepressant effect since hippocampal neurogenesis is clearly implicated in the pathogenesis of depression and treatment effect of antidepressants.5

In an animal study,6 “Semax” was effective in enhancing the activity of dopaminergic and serotonergic neurotransmission system, which is most widely accepted principal action mechanism of antidepressants. “Semax” has already proven its efficacy in the treatment of cognitive impairment due to neuronal insults in clinical studies,7 indicating its potential effectiveness for elderly depressed patients who are frequently accompanied with comorbid neurological conditions such as stroke and cerebral infarction.

Simultaneous administration of “Semax” and D-amphetamine resulted in a more profound increase in the locomotor activity of mice, pointing its modulation effect on dopaminergic systems that is involved in the formation of the psychostimulant effect.8

The potential psychostimulant effect of “Semax” has been implicated in the treatment of depression since it was proven that depressed patients benefit from augmentation of psychostimulants in clinical studies. The combination of an antidepressant (ie, citalopram) and a psychostimulant (ie, methylphenidate) has shown to accelerate and enhance the antidepressant response in depressed patients in a placebo-controlled clinical trials.9

“Semax” may exert a key role in the treatment of depression considering its interaction with the pivotal neurotrophic factors and neurotransmitters. Therefore, further research on the precise roles of “Semax” for treating depression warrant more attention to extend our understanding about depression in the future.

Sincerely,
Chi-Un Pae, MD

References

1. Agapova TY, Agniullin YV, Shadrina MI, et al. Neurotrophin gene expression in rat brain under the action of Semax, an analogue of ACTH 4-10. Neurosci Lett. 2007;417:201-205.
2. Dolotov OV, Karpenko EA, Inozemtseva LS, et al. Semax, an analog of ACTH(4-10) with cognitive effects, regulates BDNF and trkB expression in the rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 2006;1117:54-60.
3. Groves JO. Is it time to reassess the BDNF hypothesis of depression? Mol Psychiatry. In press.
4. Saarelainen T, Hendolin P, Lucas G, et al. Activation of the TrkB neurotrophin receptor is induced by antidepressant drugs and is required for antidepressant-induced behavioral effects. J Neurosci. 2003;23:349-357.
5. Paizanis E, Hamon M, Lanfumey L. Hippocampal neurogenesis, depressive disorders, and antidepressant therapy. Neural Plast. 2007:73754.
6. Eremin KO, Kudrin VS, Grivennikov IA, Miasoedov NF, Rayevsky KS. Effects of Semax on dopaminergic and serotoninergic systems of the brain. Dokl Biol Sci. 2004;394:1-3.
7. Gusev EI, Skvortsova VI, Chukanova EI. Semax in prevention of disease progress and development of exacerbations in patients with cerebrovascular insufficiency. [Russian]. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2005;105:35-40.
8. Eremin KO, Saransaari P, Oja S, Raevskii KS. Semax potentiates effects of D-amphetamine on the level of extracellular dopamine in the Sprague-Dawley rat striatum and on the locomotor activity of C57BL/6 mice [Russian]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2004;67:8-11.
9. Lavretsky H, Park S, Siddarth P, Kumar A, Reynolds CF 3rd. Methylphenidate-enhanced antidepressant response to citalopram in the elderly: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2006;14:181-185.

Edited by mSiren, 04 March 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#4 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

I don't know if this is something you'd want. It has a lot of the same method of action as cortisol, which increases memory and learning dramatically during stress but over the long term has extremely bad consequences. It doesn't release cortisol but I am leery of taking this without a really good explanation of exactly how it's working.
  • Needs references x 2
  • like x 1

#5 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

I don't know if this is something you'd want. It has a lot of the same method of action as cortisol, which increases memory and learning dramatically during stress but over the long term has extremely bad consequences. It doesn't release cortisol but I am leery of taking this without a really good explanation of exactly how it's working.

That's a good point. I am not intending to take it for a long time unless more research is done. Considering all those medical research results I believe that it is safe to take it at least in short term.

That's a good point. I am not intending to take it for a long time unless more research is done. Considering all those medical research results I believe that it is safe to take it at least in short term.

#6 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:53 AM

I think it would be fine short term. It is interesting how so many nootropics are developed in russia and then remain mostly obscure in the US and europe. I wish there was more explanation of what it's doing.
  • Agree x 1

#7 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Unfortunately the parcel got stuck at Russian customs. I will have to use another method for posting...

#8 djh1208

• 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

Unfortunately the parcel got stuck at Russian customs. I will have to use another method for posting...

There is a reason for your package being stuck, SEMAX is a registered prescription item in Russia and export unless officially with the required documentation is not allowed.
Personally I think I can safely tell you that it is a very safe drug and very effective in boosting concentration and memory (retention).
Its main indication though is as a neuroprotector in cases of stroke where the results are excellent. If you are interested I could tell you more about this product as it is widely used by Neurologists and Neurosurgeons in a clinical setting in my country.

#9 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

I've just ordered Semax and Phenotropil yesterday. It's being sent by economy and being labelled a "gift" to avoid hassles hopefully.

I'll fill you guys in on this if you'd like.

#10 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

I have received several requests to post my experience about SEMAX. I will do it in the near future. For the time being I will post one of the private emails from the person who has used it. (I hope you don't mind it. If you want me to remove it just let me know).

Memory is largely handled and processed at a brain structure called the hippocampus. In order for it to process data (to be memorized) it has to receive data from the sensory organs, vision, hearing, touch, smell etc. This data is transmitted along nerve fibers which in reality are neurons connected end to end with the understanding that on end of a long extension of one neuron (the axon) connects with a short extension of the next neuron (the dendrite) all these extensions originate from the body of the neuron (brain cell).
What complicates matters is that these data are in the form of electrical impulses and that the connection (called a synapse) is not 100%, i.e there is a GAP between the axon and the dendrite. The latter problem is solved by a substance called: neurotransmitters. The are expressed at the gap (called synaptic cleft) so the signal can traverse the gap assisted by this neurotransmitter substance. Examples of neurotransmitters are acetylcholine, serotonine etc . For a memory to be recorded as long term memory, the signal has to pass frequently, much like if you pass through a lawn frequently you will leave a trail of dead grass. This requires synaptic strengthening.
How is this achieved. We got to delve deeper here. Neurotransmitters work by coupling with receptors and thereby transfer the signal on so to say. To strengthen the synaptic passing of the signal we need more receptors and or more synapses. The formation of new synapses is called synaptogenesis. How is this acieved? Well receptors as well as synapses being constructed mainly of protein, we would require protein synthesis, the production of protein which is done by the cell itself (in-house factory). In the process of protein synthesis a factor is needed, its called Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) for short.
This is where SEMAX comes into the picture, Semax increases the mRNA for BDNF production 500% (five-fold). mRNA or messenger Ribo Nucleic Acid is the molecule that reads the DNA code of the gene that is responsible for BDNF generation. In analogy if you increase your order five-fold at a restaurant for hamburger, you get 5 hamburgers. Boosting synaptic strengthening boosts memory formation long term. That Semax boosts BDNF production is proven in humans suffering from stroke on 160 patients in a double blind controlled trial. You can read this in Brain Ischemia" by Eugene Gusev and VI Skvortsova, Kluwer Plenum Academic Publishers, New York-London-Moscow. available at Amazon.com. Incidentally, Semax REDUCED mortality in severe stroke cases bu more than 70 %. When used within 6-12 hours it can mean the difference between a wheelchair and walking.
Personal experience, if you are looking for a rush or hyped up state: Forget it.
If it did, it would be a stimulant and that you don't want. What you do get is : ability to take on increased mental loads without feeling like a burnt-out candle. When you read you'll find you retain content much easier, faster and more. I found that after a days work when I start working on private projects like writing a book, I find that I hit the train of thought on the subject much easier, find the correct words to reflect what I want to say quicker. I read longer because it doesn't tire me like before Semax.
The effect is subtle and becomes apparent gradually, it takes a couple of days. People who have problems with working memory find the results more dramatic (my friends), it is because they start from a point of reduced performance.
In cases of vascular dementia, the medical profession here consider it heaven sent but bitch that it is expensive.
My personal take is that you can't put a price on your mental prowess or quality of life. Also on life itself for that matter.
Relatives and friends who had the misfortune of suffering stroke have to thank the availability of Semax for their continued independence. I guess that sums it up
As for piracetam and its derivatives, it does not work in protecting the brain from ischemia or mobilizing endogenous defense mechanisms. The development of neurodegeneration, acute in stroke, more slowly for dementia, are multifactorial.
The answer to that is either a multiple drug approach aimed at the diverse underlying processes OR a multipotential agent like Semax which deals with Free radicals, failure of growth factors, NO formation, cAMP deficiency and apoptosis by modulating those very same processes through mobilization of protective mechanisms ALREADY in place within the body.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#11 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

I have just received my package with Cerebrolysin, Russian Phenotropyl and SEMAX. It has been 3 hours since I have had 4 drops of SEMAX. The effect does not look like a placebo at all. It is very subtle, not stimulating. I don't have any foggy or speedy feeling, just clear ability to concentrate. Let's see what happens in the next few days. Btw, If anyone buys SEMAX, you have to keep it cold.

Attached Files

#12 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

I have just received my package with Cerebrolysin, Russian Phenotropyl and SEMAX. It has been 3 hours since I have had 4 drops of SEMAX. The effect does not look like a placebo at all. It is very subtle, not stimulating. I don't have any foggy or speedy feeling, just clear ability to concentrate. Let's see what happens in the next few days. Btw, If anyone buys SEMAX, you have to keep it cold.

That's nice to know. How's it supposed to stay cold during shipping? (especially if one were to order it in the summer).
That's the same exact packaging that I got for the Semax I ordered. The bottle was barely full and I've already ran out of it. (didn't even last me half a week).

The Cerebrolysin sounds interesting but I'd rather order that in bulk. Now that I think of it, 1 big bag shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, I have yet to get a price quote back from the supplier (meaning that they're 100% likely to not send me any answer to my price inquiry). Bastards.

#13 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

That's nice to know. How's it supposed to stay cold during shipping? (especially if one were to order it in the summer).
That's the same exact packaging that I got for the Semax I ordered. The bottle was barely full and I've already ran out of it. (didn't even last me half a week).

The Cerebrolysin sounds interesting but I'd rather order that in bulk. Now that I think of it, 1 big bag shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, I have yet to get a price quote back from the supplier (meaning that they're 100% likely to not send me any answer to my price inquiry). Bastards.

Well, you can always try using fedex, ups or dhl. Otherwise order it during winter time. It's the end of the day and I can confirm again that Semax really works, however I have used higher doses. If you have emailed them from your free email account (gmail, hotmail) they are not likely to reply. Call them instead :)

#14 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, I'd probably have to do that "IF" I could find a better supplier as a tiny amount of .1% for about $70 just isn't going to cut it.

As for the Cerebrolysin, I e-mailed the bulk supplier through an account I set up on their site but have yet to hear anything back. I don't know how to call these foreign numbers unfortunately.

#15 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

If this stuff works I hope the price will go down. Do you know what's the real price of Semax in Russia? (not after an online pharmacy take a huge profit).

#16 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

If this stuff works I hope the price will go down. Do you know what's the real price of Semax in Russia? (not after an online pharmacy take a huge profit).

Prices in Russian pharmacies - SEMAX 0.1 % - 8 GBP, SEMAX 1 % - 36 GBP.

#17 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:35 AM

Did you get the 0.1 or 1%?

#18 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

They only sell the .1%. Unfortunately, there are no suppliers for the 1%.

This nootropic is supposedly available in the Ukraine and Belarus (who may have less strict exporting than Russia). Pharmacy1010 is apparently based out of the Ukraine...

#19 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:30 AM

They only sell the .1%. Unfortunately, there are no suppliers for the 1%.

This nootropic is supposedly available in the Ukraine and Belarus (who may have less strict exporting than Russia). Pharmacy1010 is apparently based out of the Ukraine...

Can you imagine what you could do with a bit of marketing to stimulate want and an operative based in one of these countries? Monopolies make the most profit.

#20 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Do you guys get headache from Phenylpiracetam? I will try using Phenotropyl with choline. Let's see if it helps :)

I had a meeting today and I was forced to speak Spanish and Russian because we did not have anyone who could translate. Fluency in both languages increased significantly. I am not sure if it's Semax or Phenotropyl but even my friend noticed that and asked if I have studied recently :)

Edited by anony4mous, 15 April 2009 - 02:31 PM.

#21 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

Do you guys get headache from Phenylpiracetam? I will try using Phenotropyl with choline. Let's see if it helps :)

I had a meeting today and I was forced to speak Spanish and Russian because we did not have anyone who could translate. Fluency in both languages increased significantly. I am not sure if it's Semax or Phenotropyl but even my friend noticed that and asked if I have studied recently :)

I have found that Phenotropyl doesn't mix well with other stuff like amphetamine or even Piracetam. I had headache when I combined it with something psychoactive. What dosage of Semax do you use (ml and %)?

#22 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

I have found that Phenotropyl doesn't mix well with other stuff like amphetamine or even Piracetam. I had headache when I combined it with something psychoactive. What dosage of Semax do you use (ml and %)?

I have used 1 mg today(3-4 drops in each nasal passage 3 times a day). It's about 20 drops of 0.1 % Semax.

Can phenotropyl increase physical performance? I had extremely intensive weight training workout yesterday. If it was phenotropyl, I can say that it does not stimulate you directly, but it makes easier to undergo physically painful and exhausting exercises (for example high rep bench press or intensive cardio). Higher doses(400-450mg) have to be taken for me to achieve this effect, but it's probably because of my weight which is about 97 kg now...

#23 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

I have used 1 mg today(3-4 drops in each nasal passage 3 times a day). It's about 20 drops of 0.1 % Semax.

Can phenotropyl increase physical performance? I had extremely intensive weight training workout yesterday. If it was phenotropyl, I can say that it does not stimulate you directly, but it makes easier to undergo physically painful and exhausting exercises (for example high rep bench press or intensive cardio). Higher doses(400-450mg) have to be taken for me to achieve this effect, but it's probably because of my weight which is about 97 kg now...

So you have the 1% solution? Phenotropyl is banned by the olympic commitee so I suppose it can improve performance.

#24 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

So you have the 1% solution? Phenotropyl is banned by the olympic commitee so I suppose it can improve performance.

I have 1% solution but it was kept in over 10˚ celsius temperature for some time. It may have lost it's potency. (Semax has to be kept in temperatures lower than 10˚ celsius). The effect I described in the post above was from fresh 0.1% Semax...

#25 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:40 AM

and I forgot to mention, I don't get any headaches from Phenotropyl anymore, however I use minimal dose - 200 mg in the morning. In regards to the effects of those medicines I can say that I feel very well but I have experienced strange side effect - I feel cold every morning when I wake up. That feeling disappears as soon as I have my breakfast :)

I know it could be because of low calorie intake but my calorie intake is high. I train at least 1.5 - 2 hours a day and I consume about 3000 cal...

#26 IronFanatic

• 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:31 AM

anonymous, I find that i also can withstand the severity of harsh bouts of severe physical endurance for longer periods of time before folding, when using phenotropil. Its a very versatile drug for training and competing.

Have you had the chance to try mexidol? Or Proproten? The s100 antibody proproten? I'm a bit wary of trying proproten since it's an antibody.

Also, theres a multi versatile drug widely sold in Russia that is a psychostimulant called (Bromantan) Ladasten? Have you ever tried this drug?

I appreciate the feedback

#27 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

I have 1% solution but it was kept in over 10˚ celsius temperature for some time. It may have lost it's potency. (Semax has to be kept in temperatures lower than 10˚ celsius). The effect I described in the post above was from fresh 0.1% Semax...

Do you take Semax on a daily baisis? Any improvement overtime?

#28 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

I was taking it on daily basis but I finished my course yesterday. It is really hard to say if there is any improvement in my cognitive performance(I have not done any tests before and after). I am able to work longer, my foreign language skills got better (according to my friends), my mood got very balanced and the most important thing is completely clear thinking (no brain "fog" as you call it). Semax has to be taken daily at least for a week to achieve any effect, However if you take higher doses or 1% solution you definitely feel something immediately what cannot be called placebo :|o

Edited by anony4mous, 19 April 2009 - 01:44 PM.

#29 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

I was taking it on daily basis but I finished my course yesterday. It is really hard to say if there is any improvement in my cognitive performance(I have not done any tests before and after). I am able to work longer, my foreign language skills got better (according to my friends), my mood got very balanced and the most important thing is completely clear thinking (no brain "fog" as you call it). Semax has to be taken daily at least for a week to achieve any effect, However if you take higher doses or 1% solution you definitely feel something immediately what cannot be called placebo :|o

I hope it will get easier to obtain the 1% solution. I surely want to try it but without an easy access to it, the cost of using it would create a giant crater in my bank account.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

anonymous, I find that i also can withstand the severity of harsh bouts of severe physical endurance for longer periods of time before folding, when using phenotropil. Its a very versatile drug for training and competing.

Have you had the chance to try mexidol? Or Proproten? The s100 antibody proproten? I'm a bit wary of trying proproten since it's an antibody.

Also, theres a multi versatile drug widely sold in Russia that is a psychostimulant called (Bromantan) Ladasten? Have you ever tried this drug?

I appreciate the feedback

I have heard of those drugs but I have never tried them. Bromantan is a very interesting substance.

Research on this class of drugs has been fairly extensive and a large family of derivatives are known, although bromantane remains the best studied,[9] and human trials continue for applications such as increasing endurance under extreme conditions. "The gist of the IAAF letter is that bromantan has been specifically developed not only to combine the properties of steroid and stimulant, but also to confound any testing system."

I will try to get in touch with some Russian cyclists I know, they will definitely tell me more about it.

Russians use Propoten to treat alcohol addiction. There is a lot of information in Russian language. Just type Пропротен in google and use google language tools to translate it :|o

MEXIDOL is antioxidant usually given to treat drug addiction.

Mexidol (2-ethyl-6-methyl-3-hydroxypyridine succinate) is an antioxidant agent, inhibitor of free radicals, membranoprotector, able to reduce the lipid peroxidation. Mexidol rebuilds membrane structure and repairs their functions affected in different pathologies, has a modulatory effect on membrane-bound enzymes and receptor complexes, including GABA-benzodiazepine, exerts a hypolipidemic effect by decreasing the lipoproteids of a low density. Mexidol produces anxiolytic, antihypoxic, cerebroprotective, antiamnestic, antialcohol actions. Mexidol is actually without adverse effects and shows the low toxicity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users