• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose Area

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SonofSocrates

• 55 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:44 AM

Hi,

I live south of SF want to see if anyone else on here is local to the area

SOS

Message from Moderation: Please make sure you read this post for pertinent details. It's very important and will help you connect with people in your area better than just posting in this thread.

I'm launching an online meetings chapter using Google Hangouts On Air. This would be a great way to bring together users in close proximity but still too far to meet locally.

Visit these pages for more info on LongeCity's new Online Meeting Chapter (pending approval).

In Project Ideas

In Exercise

If you'd like to join or start a local chapter, please fill out the Local Chapters Questionnaire. Also update your profile if you haven't already done so.

Edited by PerC, 03 January 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#2 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:48 AM

holla
  • dislike x 1

#3 alphaomega

• Guest, F@H
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

I am in San Francisco.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

I'm in the east bay.

#5 rephore

• 123 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

Hello there from San Francisco!

#6 dumbbellina

• 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

Roommate Search - Silicon Valley

Looking for immortalist roommies in the bay/silicon valley area. I'll be renting a house soon and want to fill it with like-minded people. I currently live in Mountain View; am fine living anywhere from Redwood City to San Jose. PM me if interested.

#7 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

Any of you attending the Singularity Summit this weekend? :)

#8 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:00 AM

there are a ton of us around the bay. Menlo Park.

I will be at the singularity summit.

#9 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

Come say hi - I'll be the one with the turban and camera :)

#10 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hi,

I live south of SF want to see if anyone else on here is local to the area

SOS

I live in the South Bay, Santa Cruz area.

#11 BrandonKing

• 34 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

I live in Central Valley Merced County in the town of Atwater i believe its roughly 2 hours away from San Francisco and nearly everywhere else in California

#12 prometheandream

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

I live in the Bay Area - in Foster City, I'm pretty centrally located. It would be nice to meet others in the area to chat about what we're doing to achieve indefinite lifespans. Please message me if interested. Also, let me know if there are already any existing meetups. thanks

-Jay

#13 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

For those of you who havent, please do remember to add yourself to the Longecity map: http://www.longecity...orum/membermap/

#14 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Anyone following this thread that lives in the San Francisco area is in for treat, the producer of How to Live Forever said that Aubry de Grey will be attending a special live Q&A with the audience and the director after the July 8th San Francisco screening of How to Live Forever. ‎(click through to purchase tickets or if you can't attend that special even you can see if there is a showing nearer to you of the movie) http://www.liveforev...ickets-theaters

#15 sxr001

• 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread, but I'm in Davis near Sacramento. So, not far from the bay area. Cheers.

#16 entheogens

• 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I live in Palo Alto.

#17 Oki

• 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

I live in berkeley and am a scientist at the SENS Research Foundation in mountain view. I attend a fair number of the Health Extension Salons as well.

#18 Doctor_JMind

• 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

I live in the East Bay area. 

#19 YOLF

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:03 PM

Members by response to their location (please update your profile with a suitable location so people can find you more easily hint: put nearby towns where you wouldn't mind going for local meetups in addition to the name of your home town).

This list is not exhaustive and uses only those towns mentions in this topic:

San Fran: ~ 90

Oakland: ~20

San Jose: 23

Bay Area: ~30

Palo Alto: 6

Davis: 8

Foster City: 1

Merced: 1 (Brandon)

Scotts Valley 1 (SH)

Silicon Valley: 8

San Mateo: 6

Members have access to this information using the Connect Database. I can also provide the information and will provide a membership to anyone who helps me organize their group and helps out with some others (keep reading).

Registered users can send 5pms per day, if you sign up for a membership ($25-50) you can send unlimited PMs and message all of them. People in excess of the first can be added to the "Other Recipients" field with a comma and a space separating their names (up to 500 users). Membership is also required to view the database I'm pulling these from. It would be a great idea to get to get one. Alternatively, if one can't afford a membership at present but would still like to get organized, I'll send the message for you if you write the PM that you'd like to send and arrange all the names as I described previously. If you help out with putting together lists of names for me and get a meeting started, I'll even give you a membership for making a $5 donation.

I may also be able to pull emails for users who are dormant and get them engaged again. PM me if you'd like me to get you started. Here is an example of the list that you'll be working with.

Edited by PerC, 19 September 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#20 YOLF

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

I'm launching an online meetings chapter using Google Hangouts On Air. This would be a great way to bring together users in close proximity but still too far to meet locally.

Visit these pages for more info on LongeCity's new Online Meeting Chapter (pending approval).

In Project Ideas

In Exercise

#21 xxxxxxxx

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

San Jose here

#22 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:45 AM

Old thread, but I live in San Francisco and would love to meet likeminded people in the Bay Area who have experience with supplementation. I've got so much to say about nutrition, health, life extension, brain chemistry, etc. but not many people in my life who are receptive to that kind of talk. Most people I know don't have a science background so even if they had the desire to learn, they'd have a long way to go before understanding how it all interconnects. 

I'm a 22 y/o student finishing my undergraduate studies in Biology. I'm curious, very open-minded, athletic, outgoing, and I have a passion for plants, algae, fungi, all musical genres past & present, futurology, running, comedies, non-partisan political action (democratizing our vote) and so much more that I can't think of right now. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy, happy with my current state but using this period of my life to learn as much as possible and eventually carve out my niche. Ultimately, I want to die knowing that I had helped the disadvantaged, made people think differently, and pushed the world a little bit closer to utopia. 

Feel free to message me privately!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users