Piracetam vs Pramiracetam ?

piracetam

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Slahzer

• 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi there

I am new to Nootropics and I am a new member to Longecity.
I have read quite a lot about Nootropics and Piracetam on these forums so I am not too knew to these concepts.

I want to try out Piracetam or Pramiracetem mostly for study purposes.

I have read that Piracetam increases creativity, focus and an increases sense of auditory learning.
Pramiracetam appears to be more potent and has more effects such as improved memory (recalling), focus, increased verbal ability and increased motivitation.

Pramiracetam seems to be more what I need. Though I want to be on the safe side and thus am still leaning heavily towards Piracetam.
I have read some controversial talk about pramiracetam causing neuron death, though I have my doubts about that.

I would appreciate any useful experience with these two.

Thanks.

PS: I will also be taking a choline supplement. Amazon seems like a good store. Has anyone have any experience with purchasing Piracetem from Serious Nutrition Solutions via Amazon ?

#2 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Piracetam is more subtle but indeed very harmless, prami will be more noticeable but might blunt your emotions.

Prami is also very expensive, especially if you buy capsules.

Many people bought from amazon, their supplies are fine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

Bulk pramiracetal is quite cheap, unfortionally not many experiences online.

#4 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Where do you buy yours from?

#5 Slahzer

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

Yes I have read about Prami- blunting emotions. Is this a common effective ? As I have read many people experience -racetams quite differently.

Here is a cheap list of suppliers
http://users4.jabry....etam Prices.htm

Prami is significantly more expensive but you probably take a smaller dose as well.

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Where do you buy yours from?

I never did but smartpowders has it for 30 bucks.

#7 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Hi there

I am new to Nootropics and I am a new member to Longecity.
I have read quite a lot about Nootropics and Piracetam on these forums so I am not too knew to these concepts.

I want to try out Piracetam or Pramiracetem mostly for study purposes.

I have read that Piracetam increases creativity, focus and an increases sense of auditory learning.
Pramiracetam appears to be more potent and has more effects such as improved memory (recalling), focus, increased verbal ability and increased motivitation.

Pramiracetam seems to be more what I need. Though I want to be on the safe side and thus am still leaning heavily towards Piracetam.
I have read some controversial talk about pramiracetam causing neuron death, though I have my doubts about that.

I would appreciate any useful experience with these two.

Thanks.

PS: I will also be taking a choline supplement. Amazon seems like a good store. Has anyone have any experience with purchasing Piracetem from Serious Nutrition Solutions via Amazon ?

Yes I have purchased that brand from NutraPlanet. I purchased the 500 caps version with each cap containing 800mg (I would dose at 2.4g - 3.2g twice or thrice per day). I was pleased with the results. However, Cerebral health is where I will be making my future bulk purchases from (I've bought aniracetam from them already). I can get a kilo of piracetam for $80. It's a no brainer. Prami is more powerful but I would venture to guess it is not that much more powerful considering the sharp increase in price.

On a side note: I am going to be trying Noopept (buying from same supplier/10 grams for $50) which may very well be the most powerful of all!

Come to think of it..with the recent discoveries I've made I wonder about the following stack:

30-40mg Noopept daily with breaks*
3g+ Omega 3s daily w/ 500mg - 1g Uridine (recent study )
Magnesium Threonate (dose undermined)
800-900mg Sulbutiamine taken on occasion (social outings etc)
500mg Alpha-GPC (taken as a mild nootropic; not necessarily choline although it's great for that too)
*If I ever decide against Noopept or take a break then Piracetam taken at 2-3g 2-3 times per day. I'll always have some piracetam around as it's cheap enough and effective; tried and true. :)

Edit: forgot to share my two cents about piracetam... Piracetam: marked increase in visual memory, capacity for empathy, short and long term recall (unearthed many fond childhood memories I had not pondered for years), creativity/fluid intelligence, auditory and visual perception, mild anxiolytic (more prominent at higher doses), verbal fluency, synergistic with cannabis....

Edited by JChief, 28 October 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#8 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

JChief, Russian user manual says to take a 1 month break every 3 months of noopept supplementation.
While the reason for this isn't really known, it's best not to take noopept daily for a very long time, since it's long-term side effects are unknown.

Also, taking 1g of Uridine without vitamin B12 / folic acid could be harmful.
Read http://www.longecity...ha/page__st__30

Finally, I have 100g of bulk prami from cerebral health and take 2.5g when I want to study hard.
Since I have no capping machine, I currently just place it on my tongue and swallow it down. Horrid taste.

#9 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the info, Baten. I already take vitamin B12 (in the highly bioavailable form of hydroxocobalamin) and other vitamins as part of my supplement regimen so that's good to know. Noopept, indeed, has lots of long-term unknowns (as with much of the supplements out there) but I'm placing my bets. It's neuroprotective, shares similar mechanisms of action, and at the dose I am planning to take I'm not really that worried but anyway going 2 months on and 1 month off (possibly going with regular piracetam dosages during this time) is the plan and we'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to let every one know in the near future. As for prami.. I bet it works to great effect but the cost is just too high (plus take a look at this chart .. for what it's worth) Plan ol piracetam taken at 2-3 grams 2-3 times per day works great and I have a hunch that noopept is just as safe as piracetam. Time will tell eh? Cheers.

Edited by JChief, 28 October 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#10 Slahzer

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Could someone elaborate a bit more on the memory recall ? Is it just easier (quicker ?) to remember, or less tip-of-the-tong experiences or what ?

#11 adiosameobas

• 48 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

slahzer, the SNS piracetam is solid. That is what i first ordered from amazon.com and it showed up in a timely fashion. Had I been dabbling in these forums more I would have been turned on to Cerebral Health alot sooner and probably saved a little bit of money but been exposed to a wider variety of nootropic substances that are available.
in your case I would start with piracetam, not only is it considerably cheaper and from what I am learning, safer....But if you are just starting out, you should start out with well... something more basic. Piracetam. I'm not going to bet the farm on this but I'd be willing to say that if you haven't tried any of the racetams yet you are not going to really notice much of an earth-shattering effect from them either way. so get yourself used to the effect using a simpler form. and then move up the 'rung' once you can determine what, if any effect, it is having for you. some people, sadly enough, are non-responders.
Start with an attack dose (8000-10,000mg) then go down to about 1000-3000 2x to 3x daily. whatever you have time for or feel you need if you feel you need. You may not really notice a huge difference until 3 to 4 weeks. The attack dose is sort of designed to get you used to the concentration effects you can obtain. It sort of did this for me then i just got sleepy.

as for me the memory recall....it has a lot of different aspects to it. For one my working memory is stronger, i can remember things that will be used quickly, like a phone number, for a bit longer, not for days.... but say, if you told me a few months ago.....as soon as you said the last number the whole string of digits was gone. now, i can kind of visualize the digits in my mind, if that makes sense. things come quicker, also, names, dates, mostly vocabulary. I have alot less tip-of -the -tongue instances as you mentioned.

JCheiF, took my first dose of Noopept today approx 40mg sublingual. Noticing slight concentration improvement, a little brighter mood, definitely subtle though. Do you plan on stacking the piracetam with the Noopept? I went ahead and took my regular pir dose ontop of the noopept....hopefully not overkill, though id assume not.

#12 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

I posted my thoughts on Noopept in a new topic, adiosameobas.

#13 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

I've been using Piracetam for a quite a while and have briefly used Aniracetam. I have ordered Pramiracetam and will post my experience when it arrives.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I've been using Piracetam for a quite a while and have briefly used Aniracetam. I have ordered Pramiracetam and will post my experience when it arrives.

Sweet! This is the next racetam I want to try as I have heard reports that it seems to really shine when studying (which I have to do a lot of in my field of work). What I'd be especially curious to know is if it's worth the higher price ;)

Edited by JChief, 05 November 2011 - 05:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users