• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nootropic First Timer, taking the plunge,help me decide!

nootropic alcar piracetam alpha gpc gpc choline first timer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MacGregor

• 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

So I have been reading these forums on and off for a while now

Now I think may be the perfect time as I have a great reason to try them. Next week, I am doing a week long training seminar where I will be learning, meeting new people and I'll be in a lot social situations.

I was thinking of taking Piracetam + alpha gpc or possibly Alcar.

Any suggestions/reccomendations?

Edited by MacGregor, 06 November 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#2 MacGregor

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

I dont know if its worth mentioning, at times I have had trouble with bipolar/manic and symptoms of add.
I did a couple things to help--stopped eating wheat, digestive enzymes for malabsorption issues, excercise and Lithium Orotate+Folic Acid.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pixel8

• 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi MacGregor,

I just joined and was surfing around... you sound a lot like me, almost spookily. :)

I too have ADD and also bipolar II. For the latter I too take lithium orotate, also folate. I also stopped eating wheat several years ago. (If you're trying to avoid gluten as I do, did you know certain other grains should be avoided as well?) And I was just considering taking piracetam. See what I mean? :)

I've tried many things to boost mood and enhance cognition, but I often get side effects of irritability, even with something like L-Tyrosine. My doctor in California, with whom I consult on a monthly basis, has recommended piracetam and I've ordered it and have it ready to take, but have been hesitating because I worry about irritability, since it's listed as a possible side effect. The doc suggested I take a very small dose of prozac with it, I have it in liquid form so I can take as little as 5mg/day. I should mention I'm sensitive to drugs and mini doses sometimes work well for me. I also take Alcar with R-lipoic-acid and I'm quite sure those give me a nice mental boost.

I've been trying to find a combo that would help with both dopamine and serotonin. I'm wondering if you tried the Piracetam + alpha gpc or Alcar yet? Is there reasoning behind this combo?

Sorry this isn't helpful in terms of experience, but I'll post once I try the piracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 sambocyn

• 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

hey guys! to begin, i would recommend 3g of piracetam daily. you feel it for about 4h. if you get a headache, supplement with a few hundred milligrams of choline (e.g. buy some choline bitartate, or eat eggs for breakfast). if you like it, try more.

i have had only positive experiences with piracetam (for several months now), but i would heed each others' soon-to-be-seen experiences, since you seem to share a similar psychology.

let me know!

Edited by sambocyn, 24 November 2011 - 02:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, alcar, piracetam, alpha gpc, gpc choline, first timer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users