Effects from different sources of Uridine

uridine

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

OK.. UMP tastes mildly like salt, sublingually. I would attribute that to this particular product being uridine-5'-monophosphate disodium.

I'll see if I can make a subjective call about bioavailabilty over the next few hours, as opposed to regular dosing. For me, the short term benefits are more noticeable when I'm severely sleep-deprived.

#32 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

OK, that's a little different. Seems to have a more focused and uplifting effect than normal. Cancelled out the drowsiness of bacopa, too.

Will have to try this again with some different/simpler parameters.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

That's what I'm talking about! ;-)

#34 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

The bacopa induced drowsiness eventually kicked in about 2 hours after my last post, so 5 hours overall. Normally it knocks me out after about 2 hours, so there was definitely a period of about 3-4 hours with some more noticeable short-term effects.

Next time I try that, it'll be a morning dose (without bacopa). Will see how long the short-term effects last.

I didn't take any omega-3 or alpha-gpc last night with that test, just berocca, lecithin, gse, bacopa - so, similar to my normal evening combo, but with added UMP, berocca.

#35 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

ಠ\_ಠ
I meant affecting.. <sigh>
  • like x 1

#36 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

Anyone actually tried TAU yet?

Subjectively speaking, is 25mg TAU more or less effective than 250mg UMP?

#37 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Waiting for my shipment to arrive, but you know I'll be sure to comment. :)

#38 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Waiting for my shipment to arrive, but you know I'll be sure to comment. :)

Same here! Should arrive early next week and I'll report results in combination with omega 3s.

#39 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

Is there any other reputable vendor selling TAU besides Swanson? Those guys are far beyond reason when it comes to international shipping...

#40 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

Bayho

#41 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Might just be me, but that website does not exactly inspire confidence in me... then again, the product appears to be the same that Swanson sells

Edited by nupi, 27 November 2011 - 03:02 AM.

#42 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

They've been around for a few years.. Could certainly do with a new web designer, though!

#43 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

I would also like to know this.

#44 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

I would also like to know this.

Any updates?

#45 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

25mg TAU doesn't have the same effect as 250mg sublingual UMP for me.

#46 computeTHIS

• 153 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thanks. Spot on. :)

Kind of off-topic, but a good observation about another part of my daily regime -

The alpha-gpc in my stack has also been very interesting for other reasons.

My muscle/fat ratio has been changing noticeably. My stomach fat has been shrinking, but my overall weight had been gradually increasing - muscle mass being the reason. Was curious about that, I have done seriously nothing but sitting on my backside for months. You know how much I've been on here - add all the other research time to that, plus work and Reddit. I've been sedentary. No exercise at all. Did some further reading a few weeks ago.

Turned out HgH levels are increased by a-gpc. I picked up my weights last night for the first time in 4 months and found that my last settings were seriously underweight now, when previously they were just right for a decent workout. I would have expected the opposite after my lack of any exercise.

I found that my recovery time was much, much shorter, too. I think if I got back into regular exercise it would probably increase this overall effect even further. My pursuits are normally biased towards the cerebral side of life these days, so we'll see. :)

I experienced this very same effect while I was taking alpha-gpc and L-carnitine concurrently. I attributed it to the L-carnitine though. Do you take either ALCAR or L-carnitine as well? The most incredible effect was recovery time after exercise, I never thought I would stumble upon something that would do this.

#47 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

Thanks. Spot on. :)

Kind of off-topic, but a good observation about another part of my daily regime -

The alpha-gpc in my stack has also been very interesting for other reasons.

My muscle/fat ratio has been changing noticeably. My stomach fat has been shrinking, but my overall weight had been gradually increasing - muscle mass being the reason. Was curious about that, I have done seriously nothing but sitting on my backside for months. You know how much I've been on here - add all the other research time to that, plus work and Reddit. I've been sedentary. No exercise at all. Did some further reading a few weeks ago.

Turned out HgH levels are increased by a-gpc. I picked up my weights last night for the first time in 4 months and found that my last settings were seriously underweight now, when previously they were just right for a decent workout. I would have expected the opposite after my lack of any exercise.

I found that my recovery time was much, much shorter, too. I think if I got back into regular exercise it would probably increase this overall effect even further. My pursuits are normally biased towards the cerebral side of life these days, so we'll see. :)

I experienced this very same effect while I was taking alpha-gpc and L-carnitine concurrently. I attributed it to the L-carnitine though. Do you take either ALCAR or L-carnitine as well? The most incredible effect was recovery time after exercise, I never thought I would stumble upon something that would do this.

I took Alpha GPC for exercise for GH support but unfortunately it would (at just a 250mg dose once per day) lead to neck tension for some odd reason. Some say it's simply a result of "too much choline" but I don't know if that's true exactly. I did not buy more after running out. I had great exercise benefits though but I attributed that to the herb tongkat ali which frees up testosterone and took that along side. I now have been working on only a couple times per week this last month but I plan to step it up. I started taking ALCAR and have worked out since then a few times and I can't say I notice any added recovery benefits.

#48 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

25mg TAU doesn't have the same effect as 250mg sublingual UMP for me.

Where can I order the UMP Uridine from?

#49 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Google "ecological formulas uridine" - they do both TAU and UMP products.

There is also a 25g UMP tub from superiornutraceuticals.com - they also sell on ebay.

(null)

#50 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

not yet available on iherb ?

#51 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

Only in tiny amounts in the Jarrow PF liver formula.. So, unfortunately, no.

#52 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I just ordered my UMP which I plan to take suglingually. Why are people taking such a large dose sublingually? Only a fixed amount of a substance can be transfered via the blood vessels, the rest is just ingested.

#53 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I just ordered my UMP which I plan to take suglingually. Why are people taking such a large dose sublingually? Only a fixed amount of a substance can be transfered via the blood vessels, the rest is just ingested.

Well how much would you say can be absorbed sublingually? Hypothetically, if only 100mg could be absorbed, and you wanted 200mg, you could take 100mg at two separate times. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#54 workplay

• 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

any updates?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users