Methylene Blue: 250mcg split throughout the day
Benefits: NAD/NAD+ ratio, neurogenesis
Side effects for me: Slight increase in libido

ALCAR: 2 grams split into 3 doses
Benefits: increases aCh, neurogenesis
Side effects for me: slightly stimulating

Pom40p: 500mg split into 2 doses
Benefits: Decreases arterial plaque
Side effects: Increases libido (probably due to NO increase)

Piracetam: 2.4g in the morning
My piracetam irritability is GONE with addition of ~20mg of MSG.

Aniracetam: 1g in the morning (just started today)

Pramiracetam: 250mg in the morning and 250mg in the afternoon. (Lowered morning dose, 500mg seemed like I overdid it).
Side effects: Slight mania during the first few days.

20mg of MSG twice a day

2 lecithin pills twice daily (necessary to avoid headaches once I started taking taking high doses of piracetam with MSG).

Lithium: ~1mg at night from lithium orotate
Benefits: Mood, decreased anxiety, neurogenesis
Side effects: Sleepy and unmotivated the next day if I take more. (I lowered from 5mg to 1mg because ScienceGuy pointed out lithium can have anti-nootropic effects).

Bacopa: 500mg in morning and 500mg of Bacopin 20% extract at night
Benefits: Memory
Side effects: Initally sleepy and unmotivated the next day if I take 500mg or more.
Now my tolerance for Bacopa is increasing. I've upped this to 500mg in the morning and 1g at night.

Fish Oil: 2g morning and 2g again at night of concentrate yielding 3g of omega 3's
Benefits: Mood, neurogenesis, cardiovascular health
Side effects: None

Gingko Biloba: 250mg twice a day.
Benefits: Increased blood flow to the brain, supposed synergy with other noots.

Phosphatidyl Serine: 100mg at night
Benefits: Neurogenesis, reduce cortisol, memory
Notes: This has made a big difference in waking up not sleepy (normally a big problem for me). Also has helped with recovery and has seemed to improve my athletic performance (ultimate frisbee). Expensive but it is worth it for me.

Other supplements:
Multi
Vitamin D 2000iu
vitamin K2 mk7 100mcg

Supplements I'm no longer taking:
Caffeine, Picamilion, Ashwagandha

The addition of low dose MSG is the single best thing that has happened to my nootropic stack. It is unlocking the power of the racetams and has finally allowed me to take a full dose of Piracetam without irritability.
  • like x 2

#2 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I bought some l-glutamic acid that I'm using in place of MSG.

I'm taking 125mg of l-glutamic acid in the morning.

Edited by health_nutty, 22 February 2012 - 10:52 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

why would anyone take msg or lithium for that matter. feeding yourself toxins is hardly going to enhance cognition.
  • dislike x 4
  • like x 1

#4 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

why would anyone take msg or lithium for that matter. feeding yourself toxins is hardly going to enhance cognition.

Regarding MSG. Low doses are fine, I'm switching to l-glutamic acid to be even safer
http://www.longecity...nefits-from-it/

Low dose lithiium (1-5mg) is way different than the prescription doses of 600-1800mg. Lithium is a mineral that is beneficial in the appropriate dose.
Lithium Promotes the Formation of New Brain Cells:
http://www.life-enha...ate.asp?ID=1675

#5 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

yeah thats true. anything in excess can be damaging. its about balance and moderation

#6 elovefire

• 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Nice stack. I only see 500mg of l-glut acid. Do u take powder? Also Phosphatidyl Serine seems great cuz I wake up exhausted, a big problem as well. Its like I have a hang over. Yet I sleep 8 hrs n go to bed at the same time every night. Thanks for the heads up.

#7 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hon

Regarding MSG. Low doses are fine, I'm switching to l-glutamic acid to be even safer
http://www.longecity...nefits-from-it/

Low dose lithiium (1-5mg) is way different than the prescription doses of 600-1800mg. Lithium is a mineral that is beneficial in the appropriate dose.
Lithium Promotes the Formation of New Brain Cells:
http://www.life-enha...ate.asp?ID=1675

I don't understand why people are weary about lithium orotate. It's just a mineral: same family as potassium and sodium. The only reason it's associated with manic episodes is that it flattens dopamine levels, but in order for that to happen, you're going to have to take near 500 mg daily. I take 120 mg every day with 5-MTHF (as i've heard it's pretty synergistic with folic acid). I have no idea what taking merely 5 mg will do for you --- but there's a very therapeutic effect since it heightens serotonin production. I dare everyone to give it a go :)
  • dislike x 2

#8 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Nice stack. I only see 500mg of l-glut acid. Do u take powder? Also Phosphatidyl Serine seems great cuz I wake up exhausted, a big problem as well. Its like I have a hang over. Yet I sleep 8 hrs n go to bed at the same time every night. Thanks for the heads up.

I just quarter the 500mg pills. A bottle should last me forever :) Getting rid of caffeine helped the most with waking up tired. It was super painful but I'm glad I did it!

#9 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

Hon
I don't understand why people are weary about lithium orotate.

If this was facebook, I would have pressed the "like" button. :)

#10 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Methylene Blue: 250mcg split throughout the day
Benefits: NAD/NAD+ ratio, neurogenesis
Side effects for me: Slight increase in libido

ALCAR: 2 grams split into 2 doses
Benefits: increases aCh, neurogenesis
Side effects for me: slightly stimulating

Piracetam: 2.4g in the morning
My piracetam irritability is GONE with addition of 125mg of L-glutamic acid

Aniracetam: 1g in the morning and 1g at night

Pramiracetam: 250mg in the morning and 250mg in the afternoon. (Lowered morning dose, 500mg seemed like I overdid it).
Side effects: Slight mania during the first few days.

125mg of l-glutamic acid once a day

Lecithin pills as necessary to avoid headaches. (from none to 2 pills per day. I only seem to need lecithin if I take 4g of piracetam.

Lithium: ~1mg at night from lithium orotate
Benefits: Mood, decreased anxiety, neurogenesis
Side effects: Sleepy and unmotivated the next day if I take more. (I lowered from 5mg to 1mg because ScienceGuy pointed out lithium can have anti-nootropic effects).

Bacopa: 500mg of Bacopin 20% extract at night
Benefits: Memory
Side effects: Initally sleepy and unmotivated the next day if I take 500mg or more.
Now my tolerance for Bacopa is increasing. I've upped this to 500mg in the morning and 1g at night.

Fish Oil: 2g morning and 2g again at night of concentrate yielding 3g of omega 3's
Benefits: Mood, neurogenesis, cardiovascular health

Gingko Biloba: 250mg twice a day.
Benefits: Increased blood flow to the brain, supposed synergy with other noots.

Phosphatidyl Serine: 100mg at night
Benefits: Neurogenesis, reduce cortisol, memory
Notes: This has made a big difference in waking up not sleepy (normally a big problem for me). Also has helped with recovery and has seemed to improve my athletic performance (ultimate frisbee). Expensive but it is worth it for me.

Other supplements:
Multi
Vitamin D 2000iu
vitamin K2 mk7 100mcg
Pom40p pomegranate extract

Supplements I'm no longer taking:
Caffeine, Picamilion, Ashwagandha

The addition of low dose l-glutamic aicd is the single best thing that has recently happened to my nootropic stack. It is unlocking the power of the racetams and has finally allowed me to take a full dose of Piracetam without irritability.

Edited by health_nutty, 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#11 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Could I just ask what kind(brand) of glutamic acid you use? I'm starting to get interested in taking some.

Edited by Baten, 28 February 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#12 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Could I just ask what kind(brand) of glutamic acid you use? I'm starting to get interested in taking some.

I bought Solgar 500mg pills and cut them into quarters.

#13 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Alright, thanks. I've tried supplementing with L-glutamine before to no avail, but I guess that would be less effective either way.

#14 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Alright, thanks. I've tried supplementing with L-glutamine before to no avail, but I guess that would be less effective either way.

I too have tried L-glutamine with Piracetam. L-glutamine did nothing to help with Piracetam irritibility. L-glutamic acid works wonders.

#15 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

I'm going to drop my dose of Aniracetam before bed every day. It's likely that my brain needs some down time from being stimulated with noots.

#16 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

What do you mean you're closing in on perfection? What does that mean?

Has your memory dramatically improved? Can you solve complex mathematical or physical problems easier? What do you do?

If you're a pizza maker and can spin dough faster , is that a measure of dramatic cognitive improvement?

Explain yourself son.

Edited by 1thoughtMaze1, 29 February 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#17 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

What do you mean you're closing in on perfection? What does that mean?

Has your memory dramatically improved? Can you solve complex mathematical or physical problems easier? What do you do?

If you're a pizza maker and can spin dough faster , is that a measure of dramatic cognitive improvement?

Explain yourself son.

Background:
I'm a computer engineer, in my mid thirties, healthy overall. I've had some mild to moderate anxiety issues my whole life. Recently I've had some mild depression and motiviation issues.

Subjective and mood:
I feel more confident, my anxiety is almost non-existant, and my mood is much improved. These three areas improved dramatically.

Motivation and concentration
Pramiracetam has dramatically improved my motivation. Aniracetam helps with focus. Aniracetam also makes tasks that I don't want to do not so bad.

Memory:
Aniracetam probably had the biggest improvement on my memory (although Pram also helped). My memory was probably only slightly above average, and now I find it much easier to remember peoples names that I just met.

Problem solving:
Programming and visualizing complex processor scenerios has become easier. It is also easier for me explaining how things work to others (mentoring has become easier).

Eliminating negative side effects the stack:
This is what I most meant about closing in on perfection. L-glutamic acid helped potentiate the racetams and helped get rid of racetam irritibility. I'm getting a feel for when I have too much or too little acetylcholine. I've learned to recognize when I've taken too many racetams (overstimulation), etc.

Edited by health_nutty, 29 February 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#18 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Another interesting side note about Aniracetam. When I first tried Aniracetam, I hated it because it almostly completely blunted the stimulation and motivation effects from caffeine. I got extremely lethargic which felt exactly like caffeine withdrawal). At that time I was completely hooked on 6 cups of coffee a day. Now that I am caffeine free, Aniracetam has a completely different effect: no lethary at all
  • like x 1

#19 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hmm I see, nice. A computer engineer eh? Very nice, I'm studying to be one now, it's hell, I want to kill myself!

#20 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hmm I see, nice. A computer engineer eh? Very nice, I'm studying to be one now, it's hell, I want to kill myself!

Best of luck. Life gets easier once you get a job and are there for a few years.

#21 Tarantantino

• 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Congrats! Looks it's working for you. Still, doesnt seem that you are being amazed by some amazing cognitive improvements right?

#22 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Update: I"m going to take Aniracetam at least twice a day now that I've done more research and have seen even the metabolites return to baseline after 6 hours.

#23 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hon

Oops. No idea how "Hon" appeared. Awkard typo. I did not mean to insinuate anything there at all.

#24 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

Hon

Oops. No idea how "Hon" appeared. Awkard typo. I did not mean to insinuate anything there at all.

No worries. And to be clear, I liked what you were saying "I don't understand why people are weary about lithium orotate." I wasn't focused on the "Hon" part.

#25 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Another update. Twice a day aniracetam has improved my memory even further. I'm going to try splitting 2g into 4 doses 4 hours apart...

#26 elovefire

• 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hey health nutty my protein shake contains Glutamic Acid 3,254 mg. I included a attachment of all the amino acids in the shake (body fortress : whey ). My question is, will I get the advantage of L-Glut like u? Or not? Maybe I wont because the other amino acids compete in my body? I don't know , any idea ?

+ nice update on aniR

#27 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hey health nutty my protein shake contains Glutamic Acid 3,254 mg. I included a attachment of all the amino acids in the shake (body fortress : whey ). My question is, will I get the advantage of L-Glut like u? Or not? Maybe I wont because the other amino acids compete in my body? I don't know , any idea ?

+ nice update on aniR

You can always try it and see if you notice a difference. You are likely already getting all the benefits.

#28 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

I've added Ashwagandha back into my stack. I'm convinced the GABA agonist effects are minimal.

#29 CedarWind

• 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Maybe try inositol instead of msg for irritability.
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#30 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Maybe try inositol instead of msg for irritability.

L-Theanine works pretty well for irritability too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aniracetam, pramiracetam, piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users