Start Thinking Primal: Podcast With Mark Sisson

mark sisson longecity now primal lifestyle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Coming up next Tuesday, March 6th at 2000 GMT, the Longecity Now podcast will feature Mark Sisson of "Primal Living" fame.

If you have some questions about exercise, diet, and health, primarily revolving about the primal (or perhaps paleo) lifestyle, like "how does he look so darn good for his age?" please speak up here in this forum.

Of course, there is already a lot of information at his website, so take a quick glance at some of the topics he talks about frequently and the FAQs. Then hopefully we can come up with some new and interesting topics.

Attached Files

Edited by Mind, 16 April 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#2 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Mr. Sisson's website - Mark's Daily Apple - is expansive and has a great resource page for healthy (primal) living.

#3 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

One thing I don't think he has been asked about much is human rejuvenation and life extension, as his main focus seems to be optimum health. I will be certain to ask his views on life extension.

#4 technetium

• 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Is there a link from which to download the podcasts?

#5 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I will conduct the interview on Tuesday at 2000 GMT (3pm EST US). I will then edit the resulting audio (sometimes takes a day or two, depending on my schedule), The edited podcast will then be posted in this forum for listening. I usually provide an internet download link as well that is available from SendSpace for a couple of weeks.

Since the interview will be tomorrow afternoon, I was hoping to get a couple of member questions here in the forum. I have a list of potential questions that I think will be interesting, but I would rather ask questions from Longecity members and forum participants.

#6 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

About two hours to go to get your questions in before the podcast (2000 GMT).

I am going to ask what non-primal parts of his lifestyle does he engage in that many people would find surprising.

#7 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

Here is the file download link if you want to download it before it is posted here in the forum.

Highlights:

A good podcast for those who practice or consider the primal/paleo lifestyle. I must apologize if I sound a little too sympathetic during the interview because I adhere to a paleo-ish lifestyle.

I asked him to weigh in on the olive oil vs. coconut oil debate and organic vs. non-organic debate.

I have to reprimand myself for not asking him about the meat/egg cancer risk, even though it is small, the primal folks do eat a lot of
that stuff.

I tried to get a feel for if he is big into life extension and rejuvenation. He didn't reject the idea but he didn't offer huge support either. He lives for today and advises for everyone to do what keeps them healthy and feeling good in the present.

The big message was to avoid high GI carbs, which most of us are aware of, but it is good to hear again.

#8 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Mind interviews Mark Sisson whose website - Mark's Daily Apple - is expansive and has a great resource page for healthy (primal) living.

Duration: 15 min

Participants: Mind, Mark Sisson

http://www.longecity.org/media/LongeCityPodcast_Sisson2012_A01.mp3'>DOWNLOAD (Right-click and Save as) (~17 MB)

Edited by caliban, 06 April 2018 - 06:55 PM.

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mark sisson, longecity now, primal lifestyle

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users