• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Longevity nanodiamonds (compare longevity fullerenes)

fullere fullerene longevity spherical nanodiamond nanotechnology legospherane kimberlite spermidine c60

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Fullerenes have been published as doubling the longevity of mice Thats awesome I think it is possible to develop a variety of new drugs based on that, notably diamond legospherenes, little round diamonds of similar size as fullerenes. Think a legoish diamond sphere the size of a fullerene Does it longevize like a fullerene. (chemists will riot at the name legospherene, perhaps tolerating legospheranes)

Attached File  legosperane.jpg   9.98KB   1 downloads

Attached File  fullerene.jpg   4.51KB   1 downloads

Nanodiamonds of the right size would be hydrogenated so as to cover the surface with hydrogens as similar to a fullerene.

Legospherenes may be very similar acting to fullerenes yet with a wider range of applications because they can be different sizes (half, similar, or double size spheroids) as well as having novel shapes unavailable to fullerenes, ([ ]) round with a crevice (possibly a halogenated crevice for oomph), or even triorbs 8D, OB at the same diameter

Spherical nanonodiamonds may have a cheap natural source

Kimberlite clay may be a natural source of nanodiamonds of the same radius as fullerenes.
Attached File  kimberlite.jpg   53.39KB   1 downloads
filter them to size, then hydrogenating the nanodiamonds may be a cheap source of a new longevity chemical with fullerene like activity. It may actually be possible to change the shape of nanodiamonds as well, I wonder if liquid helium grinding might actually cause a streambed effect on nanodiamonds to produce roundness even though these nanodiamonds are only 120 to 340 carbon atoms each at a diameter size similar to a fullerene It is possible that legospheranes may be of value to pharmaceutical companies seeking variation on fullerene prior art. All new ideas here are public domain

Creating an even stronger longevity drug than fullerenes or legosperenes
Spermidine is published as doubling (or near doubling) mouse longevity. As an NH2ized alkane NH2/\/nh\/\/NH2 spermidine is rather similar to a fullerene or nanodiamond Creating fullerenes or nanodiamonds with NH2 groups combines two lifespan doubling chemical structures at one molecule
Attached File  spermidine.png   2.73KB   1 downloads

It is likely longevity fullerenes preferentially concentrate at lipophilic (oil preferring) areas of the body. It is possible that modulating lipophilicity will modulate possibly improve ther longevity effect. Perhaps methylating or ethylating fullerenes make make them more lipophilic. Similarly making partially or even fullyhydroxlated fullerenes will cause greater concentration at watery environments. Noting that water or oil soluble versions of things like vitamins C or E have beneficial effects when made available to a different oil or water environments of the body, the hydroxlated form of fullerenes may have novel pharmacological benefits. Also Noting that lanthanides like Ce are published as benefitting neurons it is possible that lanthindes on fullerenes may also be neurobeneficial

all of these new approaches may also be used with legosperanes as well to create longevity drugs

Edited by caliban, 05 July 2012 - 01:17 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Fullerenes have been published as doubling the longevity of mice Thats awesome I think it is possible to develop a variety of new drugs based on that, notably diamond legospherenes, little round diamonds of similar size as fullerenes. Think a legoish diamond sphere the size of a fullerene Does it longevize like a fullerene. (chemists will riot at the name legospherene, perhaps tolerating legospheranes)

These crystals already exist--

Attached File  Fullerene crystal.jpg   46.69KB   5 downloads

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

its weird I suggested hydrogenating the legospherane nanodiamonds buckminsterfullerene is partially saturated all carbon. There is a nifty opportunity. There are reactions that turn C-C links to C=C links. do that with surfaces of the legospherane diamonds to make them legospherenes (ene =)
  • like x 1

#4 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I have been following your posts on Fullerene-Spermadine and diamond/Legospherene/Legospherane combinations with interest Teonsverdery.

I live in Kimberley, South Africa, so I have VERY easy access to Kimberlite, although clay is new to me? (checking)

I also have access to used diamond grease which is probably chock full of nanodiamonds.
Usually used grease is heated on/in boiling water to get rid of ... imputities and re-used, I can easily find out if this process produces a diamond ... 'sand'

Do you have any ideas on filtering for Legospherene/Legospheranes?
Would you be interested in getting hold of some for experimentation?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fullere, fullerene, longevity, spherical nanodiamond, nanotechnology, legospherane, kimberlite, spermidine, c60

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users