Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

C60 Toxicity Concerns and anecdotal reports

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#181 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:29 AM

I must report that i experienced the same kind of brain fog, memory impairment and somnolence (but this was less pronounced) when i took Claritromycin. Side effects start after second dose. A also fell lower back pain but this may be due to bad chair in work.

#182 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Lower back pain is a side effect of being human. Seriously, it's the number one reason that people go to the doctor.
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

Lower back pain is a side effect of being human. Seriously, it's the number one reason that people go to the doctor.

Understood, but the type of back pain I'm referring to is more in the kidney area which is not the same as lumbar low back pain.  I should have been more precise.

#184 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

Understood, but the type of back pain I'm referring to is more in the kidney area which is not the same as lumbar low back pain.  I should have been more precise.

Same here. In my experience it's nothing like lumbar lower back pain.  Also, it's appearance has been consistent with higher doses of c60 and/or higher than usual intake of olive polyphenols.   

Edited by Empiricus, 11 July 2016 - 07:18 PM.

#185 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

I had a rather negative reaction to taking 1 gram of niacin at about the same time as a dose of C60, so I would recommend that people don't mix C60 with NAD precursors such as niacin, nicotinamide or NR. At least one toxic interaction is known, quoted below. It's not at all clear how this could apply here, but it's also known that partially oxidized C60 is even more reactive, and this is likely present in most of the C60/EVOO being sold commercially, as exposure to visible light creates it.

So, speculating here, UVA irradiation might not be necessary with C60 epoxide, and in the presence of NADH (the reduced form of NAD+), superoxide radicals could be formed, which would be more obvious when NAD precursors are taken. The presence of C60 epoxides in commercially sold C60/EVOO could at least partially explain how it is creating tumors in rats.

<<< THERE WAS A QUOTE HERE (SEE ORIGINAL POST) >>> 

So, speculating here, UVA irradiation might not be necessary with C60 epoxide, and in the presence of NADH (the reduced form of NAD+), superoxide radicals could be formed, which would be more obvious when NAD precursors are taken. The presence of C60 epoxides in commercially sold C60/EVOO could at least partially explain how it is creating tumors in rats.

Thus note the following about commercially sold C60 products--

How long do NAD precursors such as niacin, nicotinamide and NR stick around in the body?  What are your thoughts as to how much time should pass after taking a dose of c60 before these are consumed?  How much time should elapse prior to a c60 dose if you've taken some?

I don't know about NR, but for niacin and nicotinamide the times would be roughly half a day and a full day respectively. See Fig. 1. That's for taking them before C60. Doing it the other way there are no papers to go on, but from what cmpercell said above, he had a problem taking NR in the morning after taking C60 in the evening of the previous day. My own experience suggests a full day or two is good enough, though there's the possibility one could have a negative reaction that would be so minimal you wouldn't think it anything other than a random fluctuation. Likely the C60 mix has something to do with the time required. The more oxidized the mix, the more of a pro-oxidant it becomes in the presence of NADH, and thus the more time required. But that's speculative as I said before.

As I described here, after being off c60 for 2 weeks, I took 125-250 mg daily of NR and little else for 6 days and felt incredibly alert and energetic and needed hardly any sleep. I was absolutely astounded. On the whole, the positive results I was getting met or exceeded the most positive reports I've seen reported for NR at such low doses over such a short time. I experienced some foot pain, however.

I discontinued NR on the 6th day and evening took PQQ that evening. Next morning I took 2mg of C60.  On the evening of the 9th day I took about 60 mg of NR sublingually.  Woke up with sore feet.  From day 10 to 14, I took 125-250 mg of NR.  The foot pain issue worsened considerably and all the positive benefits I had experienced the previous week were greatly diminished, at times hardly perceptible. On evening of day 14, I took PQQ before a run in the evening. On morning of day 15 I felt agitated and couldn't focus.

I suspect the c60 may have had something to do with the much diminished effects of NR I experienced in week 2. 

There's also the foot pain issue.  Several people at Longecity have reported foot pain on NR (though at much higher doses) yet when I search Amazon reviews, I can't find one report of this symptom. Perhaps the people reporting feet pain on NR are all taking c60...

It's apparent by the foot pain that I've reached a dead end with NR.  My plan is to stay away from c60 for a few weeks and then retry the NR and see.  

Following is a one month follow-up on the above report.  For the better part of the past month, I discontinued all the above mentioned supplements, and all other health supplements.  I have also avoided consuming any kind of olive product whatsoever. 

The pain on the soles of my feet (the pain brought on by the NR) has persisted.  Pain in the lower back area (identical to the pain associated with certain batches of c60) has also persisted.  Both kinds of pain tend to occur at the same time. Around the middle of the day, the pain has sometimes been accompanied by mild nausea.  The pain is worse in the mornings, better in the evenings.  The condition seems to be improving slowly.  I have begun experimenting to see if whether any supplements can speed-up recovery.  

I have come up with 4 hypothesis as to what might have caused the bad reaction:  

1. I consumed NR too soon after c60.  Perhaps waiting 48 hours proved not to be enough enough time.  It makes sense that lots of c60 would still be active, so it maybe I should have waited a week or longer.  

2. Something I forgot to mention in the above report: On Day 14 I also took 1200 mg of NAC with the PQQ.  Maybe NAC reacts with PQQ and/or residual NR and/or residual c60. I should mention that I have taken lots of NAC in the past for months at a time and in higher doses than 1200 mg and yet never experience bad reactions to it. 

3. Around Day 7, when I took 2 mg of c60, and after, I was consuming large amounts of (probably) low-quality (almost certainly) light-exposed olive oil on salads.  As much as a 1/3 cup/day.  I was also consuming a lot of olives. Maybe that low-quality oil became toxic in the presence of the c60.  Or maybe I'm experiencing a slow recovering from a new allergy to olive polyphenols.

4. My sunlight exposure was somewhat higher than usual, but not what I would consider excessive.   

It's rather mysterious. The doses I was taking of all the supplements in question were relatively low. I had taken all of them in larger quantities before, none were from new bottles. Nevertheless,  I believe the possibility that the symptoms are unrelated in some way to some combination of c60, NR, PQQ, olive oil, or NAC is extremely remote on account of the fact the symptoms mimic previous and distinctive pains following consumption of NR and c60 (particularly when I took it in combination with added olive polyphenols).   

Edited by Empiricus, 27 July 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#186 cmpercell

• 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

This is only a hypothesis, but your problems may be related to your success. One possibility is your body is not removing the byproducts of increased metabolism quickly enough. I would be curious if putting a pinch of baking soda in a glass of water a couple times a day would address this.
  • Informative x 1

#187 cmpercell

• 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

When a diabetic switches over to ketone metabolism due to insulin resistance, the result is often acidosis. Their complaints are often low back and foot pain. Part of this may be due to circulation problems due to high blood sugar, but it is also due to their bodies using fats and proteins for energy and the resulting acidic environment created. When we attempt to mimic calorie restriction, it is plausible a similar environment would be created as a starving body would turn to its own fats and proteins for energy.
  • Informative x 1

#188 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:50 AM

This is only a hypothesis, but your problems may be related to your success. One possibility is your body is not removing the byproducts of increased metabolism quickly enough. I would be curious if putting a pinch of baking soda in a glass of water a couple times a day would address this.

Interesting hypothesis.   I vaguely recall some reports about NR having a positive effect on metabolism.   And now that you mention it, I had suspected my metabolism was working faster than usual (I've done some over-eating lately and been surprised by the relative lack of weight gain).  

I will absolutely give the baking soda thing a try.  

Edited by Empiricus, 28 July 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#189 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

When a diabetic switches over to ketone metabolism due to insulin resistance, the result is often acidosis. Their complaints are often low back and foot pain. Part of this may be due to circulation problems due to high blood sugar, but it is also due to their bodies using fats and proteins for energy and the resulting acidic environment created. When we attempt to mimic calorie restriction, it is plausible a similar environment would be created as a starving body would turn to its own fats and proteins for energy.

This description of acidosis sounds like a good fit with my symptoms.  And I see that NR may be a calorie reduction mimic. Thanks!  I will certainly have to explore this further. 

By the way, has your pet rat fully recovered from its adverse event involving c60 and NR? Did the vitamin C and milk thistle appear to help?  Did you feed it anything else?

Edited by Empiricus, 28 July 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#190 samstersam

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

It's as if the whole c60 subforum has halted due to new found information that might show commercially prepared c60oo might be harmful.  

This drama is killing me. I check here everyday and don't see activity that I used to. Anyone have any news regarding identifying the possible harmful manufacturers other than SES? Any further news from kmoody and his lab?

I have a whole bottle of carbon60 and have stopped taking any doses from it as soon as kmoody reported his thoughts and results. Just eager to conclude whether or not to throw it out or continue using it

Edited by samstersam, 28 July 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#191 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

I've scaled back a bit even on the homemade stuff which I think is probably superior to what's being sold. I want to see what comes with the research instead. 

For now I'm looking at hydrogen water, though I know very little about it, there's a whole thread on that.

#192 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:39 PM

It's as if the whole c60 subforum has halted due to new found information that might show commercially prepared c60oo might be harmful.  

This drama is killing me. I check here everyday and don't see activity that I used to. Anyone have any news regarding identifying the possible harmful manufacturers other than SES? Any further news from kmoody and his lab?

I have a whole bottle of carbon60 and have stopped taking any doses from it as soon as kmoody reported his thoughts and results. Just eager to conclude whether or not to throw it out or continue using it

I thought the same thing.  I wrote Kmoody and am waiting to hear back from him.  I had benefits when using C60, I would like to continue using it but I'm wary now.

I need to re-read this entire subforum to get the whole picture again.  Some people have been using this for years, how many of the long time users are feeling bad effects?  

#193 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:16 AM

I've been using c60oo for a bit less than four years, and have felt no ill effects.  That's not exactly the question you asked, but it's a data point.  Just to put things in perspective, I think it's worth considering that mitochondrial antioxidants including c60oo have been repeatedly shown to suppress cancer rather than encourage it.   Using human leukemia cells implanted in an immunocompromised mouse model, Kelsey showed that c60oo prepared as described by Baati was cancer suppressive, but that one particular vendor's c60oo had the opposite effect.   The vendor in question was a "Johnny-come-lately" to the c60oo game, and probably didn't use Baati's procedure.  The more established vendor carbon60oliveoil.com state that they have always used Baati's procedure, and continue to do so.  The points of concern are that we now know it's possible to create a bad product, and with any company dealing in research chemicals, all we have to go on is their word and reputation.   For what it's worth, the immunocompromised mouse model is not very representative of cancer formation in a human.  For one thing, there is no cancer formation involved, rather cancer cells are injected into the mouse.  The mouse has a broken immune system, so important cancer-fighting mechanisms may be missing.  This may or may not make you feel better, but it's my two cents.  I continue to use c60oo that I prepare at home. 

• Informative x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • unsure x 1

#194 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:26 AM

Even if Baati's formulation accidentally happened to be one that's purely beneficial, we have no idea if anyone else is actually formulating C60oo exactly according to their protocol.

The important part of this may be that Baati stirred the solution "in the dark" and presumably kept it in the dark. We have no assurance that anyone else, including carbon60oliveoil.com is actually doing that. 

Further, we don't actually know if "in the dark" C60oo is safe for humans. We have a report that 6 rats did not get cancer. That's a very small sample. These rats were also dosed from an early age and may not have had any cancer in their bodies at the time of first dosage. We just don't know what effect C60oo, even Baati's "safe" formulation, might have on existing cancers. And by the time any of us take it, we almost certainly have some cancer cells in our bodies. 

So there is really no way, with the data we have, to say that C60oo produced exactly according to Baati's protocol, in the dark, would be safe. And we certainly have no way of knowing if any commercial C60oo was produced exactly according to the protocol, and was also stored in the dark.

I agree with those waiting for more data from Kmoody or any other sources. Taking or continuing to take C60oo without more knowledge is at this point equivalent to pure gambling.

If people want to take a mitochondrial antioxidant which may be safer, MitoQ is probably a good candidate.

Edited by smithx, 29 July 2016 - 08:27 AM.

• unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#195 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:41 PM

I think C60 will come through, once a correct production method and storage method is nailed down it will prove to be a very effective compound.

But awaiting that I will not buy any more, nor will I try to create my own.

I've put C60 aside, together with Graphene Oxide, Cerium Oxide*, Nano-silicon, MitoTempo, Senolytica in general and SkQ1 as substances I would like to try once they have been through some additional safety testing and/or as with SkQ1 are simply available.

Now I have switched to MitoQ, it's pretty pricy so I cycle it, but that's probably the safest way to use it. Compared to C60 it has a better safety record. It also seems cancer-protective**, which is something I might need even more now that I've used C60 (I bought it from VW).

I'm not sure if C60 ever did anything beyond placebo for me, but MitoQ on the other hand is one of the few supplements that really work for me beyond any reasonable doubt (along with stuff like coffee, melatonin, THC, aspirin etc).

*On Cerium Oxide

www.longecity.org/forum/topic/77977-nanoceria-sod-mimetic-antioxidant-autophagy-anti-cancer/

**On MitoQ and cancerprotection

A Mitochondrial Switch Promotes Tumor Metastasis

http://www.sciencedi...211124714005270

Abstract 1861: Autophagy and cell death in breast cancer cells following oxidative stress by mitoquinone.

http://cancerres.aac...Supplement/1861

• Agree x 1

#196 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

I thought the same thing.  I wrote Kmoody and am waiting to hear back from him.  I had benefits when using C60, I would like to continue using it but I'm wary now.

I need to re-read this entire subforum to get the whole picture again.  Some people have been using this for years, how many of the long time users are feeling bad effects?  

Kmoody said that he's been very busy with VIP's, investors and upcoming events.  He asked if I would contact him again in a few weeks so he could fill me in on what's happening.  I will do that.

#197 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:53 AM

I think the preparation is at least theoretically prone to the problems discussed, with the light, possible degradation, and the way it's mixed. I have no doubt that c60 if prepared correctly is safe.

The issue is there are quite a lot of people who report pain after ingesting C60 in higher doses, this can't be totally ignored, the thing about any carinocogens is that it won't show up for years if not decades (like smoking), and when it does you have no way of tracing it back to c60.

I can anecdotally testify that c60 gave me weird pains, and I gave it to my mom and she also reported the same issues in joints, it sounds too coincidental to me. There were also benefits to me like being immune to hangovers. My stab in the dark guess is my preperation had some mixture of c60 and the stuff we don't want. I don't see why a super antioxidant wold cause pain.

What we do know is c60 expoxides are super radicals , and the rats in the kmoody study actually died quicker, whilst it's surely not conclusive I think it's enough to wait till further data is available. From what I know Baati's c60 was kept in the dark, it was spun for 2 weeks, it was only "lightly" grinded, not grinded with force, it didn't go through ultrasound like SES research is.

Also there is another point is that the colour of c60 in olive oil changes over time, and different people arrive at different shades of ruby red, at the very least thats some indication of something changes when you just leave it around exposed to air and light.

#198 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

What we do know is c60 expoxides are super radicals...

How do you know that? Have you seen a paper on it? From what I've read, C60 epoxides might be better antioxidants than C60 itself--

In this article, we first report that the introduction of pin-up oxygen on C60, such as that in the oxidized fullerene (fullerene epoxide) C60On, induces significant increase in the antioxidant activity as compared to pristine C60

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3244865/

#199 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

I wonder if dosing schedule could also have an impact on the effects of C60. In the Baati et al. study the rats were fed C60 only once a week after the initial period (as quoted below). They changed into this schedule to avoid the effects of excessive olive oil consumption, but it could have also contributed to the life extension effects of C60.

Does anybody know if this was also the case for the study that produced tumors or if the rats were fed C60 daily?

"As biodistribution studies after daily gavages showed that C60 accumulates in livers and spleens, in order to avoid the negative effects of prolonged olive oil administration such as obesity, exces- sive steatosis, liver lipid degeneration, and insulin resistance [45], we treated the rats daily only during 7 days and weekly during the first two months, then every two weeks until one control rat died."

Edited by Captain Obvious, 03 August 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#200 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

I wonder if dosing schedule could also have an impact on the effects of C60. In the Baati et al. study the rats were fed C60 only once a week after the initial period (as quoted below). They changed into this schedule to avoid the effects of excessive olive oil consumption, but it could have also contributed to the life extension effects of C60.

Does anybody know if this was also the case for the study that produced tumors or if the rats were fed C60 daily?

"As biodistribution studies after daily gavages showed that C60 accumulates in livers and spleens, in order to avoid the negative effects of prolonged olive oil administration such as obesity, exces- sive steatosis, liver lipid degeneration, and insulin resistance [45], we treated the rats daily only during 7 days and weekly during the first two months, then every two weeks until one control rat died."

According to the video linked in other threads featuring one of the names on the paper, the dosing schedule was based more on avoiding the lipid toxicity with the olive oil which rats are vulnerable to, not humans. It wasn't about the C60. The study was testing C60 toxicity so that could not have been the reasoning. It seems that quote above confirms that fact, he's talking about negative effects of the olive oil not the C60. This also only occurs in rats.

I've yet to experience negative effects with C60OO but I'm only 42, I've only been doing it for 3 or 4 months now and I've been dosing in an odd pattern of every other week for 5 days of that week, 14mg (or 20ml) per day. I stir the new batch during the off weeks. I follow very closely the same exact methods used by Turnbuckle (minus the added ingredients he uses), and Baati minus the filtering and centrifuge at the end which in the video the other guy (whatshisname?) says wasn't necessary.

Personally I'm willing to wait a while after this C60 is gone and see what comes of the whole Ichor experiment. I'm betting they find a better vehicle for it that's stable and works as it did.

Edited by Nate-2004, 03 August 2016 - 06:57 PM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#201 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

I'm 41 and dosing also every 1-2 weeks or so to be in line with the Baati study.

Indeed as the quote shows the dosing schedule in the Baati study was due the olive oil, not C60, but different dosing schedule might still have different effects like might happen with things which cause hormesis. That's why I was wondering if tumors in the rats in the other (K. Moody?) study were caused by constant dosing rather than bad C60-EVOO, but I failed to find the details on that.

Edited by Captain Obvious, 03 August 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#202 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

I have no doubt that c60 if prepared correctly is safe.

Actually you should have doubts about this. We just don't have enough data to know if it's safe at all.

• Agree x 3

#203 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

Don't forget that C60 is just part of C60/EVOO. The oil itself can go rancid, and rancid oil is associated with the increased expression of cancer genes. SES in particular seems unconcerned about the age of its oil, advertising an absurd shelf life of 3 years, and the oil it supplied for testing was likely very old oil, or oil subjected to sonic energy to dissolve the C60. Either way, the oil could have become rancid.

Autooxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) of edible oils results in the formation of fatty acid hydroperoxides that can undergo further chemical transformations to yield a variety of re-arranged and chain-cleavage products. Since the oxidation products of PUFAs have been reported to have cytotoxic and mutagenic effects, the consumption of rancid oils and fats represents a possible health hazard for the population. Storage of corn oil at room temperature and in the refrigerator for a forty-eight month period resulted in two different qualities of oil samples, which were characterized by UV, titrimetric (peroxide value, acid value) and GC-MS methods. Earlier it was demonstrated that the increase of expression of certain oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes is a method of choice for the early detection of carcinogen exposure. Treatment of CBA/Calpha inbred mice with the two oil samples showed significantly increased expression of the Ha-ras gene in all the investigated organs (liver, lung, kidney, thymus and spleen) of the rancid corn oil-treated animals. Expression of the c-myc and the p53 genes was also increased after the rancid corn oil-treatment in all the organs but the thymus of the mice. The results suggest that rancid oils, rich in omega-6 unsaturated fatty acids, could be involved not only in tumor promotion but in initiation as well.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12017293

Olive oil is mostly monounsaturated and has the same problem with rancidity, thus I believe that a saturated oil (such as MCT oil) will make a safer and more stable product.

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#204 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

Olive oil is mostly monounsaturated and has the same problem with rancidity, thus I believe that a saturated oil (such as MCT oil) will make a safer and more stable product.

Keep in mind that MCT oil is metabolized in an entirely different way (portal vein) than monounsaturated oil. Taking C60 this way might have entirely different effects from taking it with long chain fatty acids.

I wonder if safflower or flaxseed oil might be good alternatives to olive oil.

#205 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:01 PM

Keep in mind that MCT oil is metabolized in an entirely different way (portal vein) than monounsaturated oil. Taking C60 this way might have entirely different effects from taking it with long chain fatty acids.

I've found C60 in MCT oil (with added hydroxytyrosol) to be equal to or better than the best olive oil, and is likely far more stable. However, if for theoretical reasons you believe it won't work for your purposes, then it can still be diluted in the oil of your choice before use. In any case, polyunsaturated oils (like safflower and flaxseed) should go rancid faster than mostly monounsaturated oils such as olive oil, so this is going in the wrong direction if you're looking for stability.

• Agree x 2

#206 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

I've found C60 in MCT oil (with added hydroxytyrosol) to be equal to or better than the best olive oil, and is likely far more stable. However, if for theoretical reasons you believe it won't work for your purposes, then it can still be diluted in the oil of your choice before use. In any case, polyunsaturated oils (like safflower and flaxseed) should go rancid faster than mostly monounsaturated oils such as olive oil, so this is going in the wrong direction if you're looking for stability.

What's your experience so far been now that you've been trying this for a good couple of months (I think)?

Edited by Nate-2004, 10 August 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#207 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:29 PM

I wrote again to Kmoody from Ichor and asked if there were any more developments with C60.  I hope to hear back from him soon or for him to post on this forum.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3

#208 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:32 AM

I can anecdotally testify that c60 gave me weird pains, and I gave it to my mom and she also reported the same issues in joints, it sounds too coincidental to me. There were also benefits to me like being immune to hangovers. My stab in the dark guess is my preperation had some mixture of c60 and the stuff we don't want. I don't see why a super antioxidant wold cause pain.

There have been a lot of reports of weird sensations from c60oo.  Generally these are transient and happen only in the early days of use.  I saw a paper that noted an identical response with NAC, attributing it to autonomic effects.  Sorry, but I don't have the reference now.   C60oo has a lot of different biological effects, not all of which are related to its antoxidant nature.  However, the ones that have been described as transient weird sensations look like they probably are due to the antioxidant nature, given the results with NAC. 

I've observed this community and our various reports of c60oo experiences for four years now, and I can say that there have been a large number of reports of pains that turned out to have an explanation unrelated to c60oo, or in some cases to be imaginary.  When people first start taking a strange substance that they don't have much experience with, it's natural to be more keenly aware of aches and pains that we might have previously ignored. 

#209 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

I heard back from Kmoody and asked if i could quote his reply on this forum.  This is what he said:

"Hello Jean,

I do not have specific recommendations at this time, other than in our hands, freshly made product seems fine and light exposure appears to create a toxic by-product. We do not have sufficient data for shelf life / stability to comment on how long it stays stable in the dark or when light exposed. We also have not done toxicity testing to determine how much of the toxic product must be consumed to be damaging. Purifying the toxic compound has been a little tricky since we are focusing in other areas, and since its chemical properties closely mirror those of C60oo.

What I can say that 7/8 online vendors had unstable product containing what we believe are toxic by-products. I would personally not take C60oo until further work is done. If you do want to take some, at the very least I would recommend only using fresh batches.

We are planning to put together a paper with these and similar findings for publication soon. :)

That should help simplify things for everyone and provide some metrics for quality control of product."

• Informative x 7

#210 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

What I can say that 7/8 online vendors had unstable product containing what we believe are toxic by-products. 

That's an interesting comment. That 7 of 8 vendors had an unstable product is surprising, as I'd expect it would be all of them considering that no C60-EVOO is likely to be stable, as EVOO itself is not stable. I also wonder about these toxic byproducts, and if they are from rancidity, some weird C60 adducts, or from C60 epoxides. The latter is easy to detect but I haven't seen research saying it is toxic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users