C60 and increased idiocy

c60 olive oil arrogance buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Here's some info from Vc60, a cosmetic company--

"Radical-Sponge-based cosmetics were applied twice a day, in the morning and evening, on the skin of healthy women. After four weeks of application, there was a significant decrease in the melanin index."

http://www.vc60.com/...fect/index.html

I have no idea how legitimate they are.
  • like x 1

#32 Lister

• Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ohh Agevivio's "sterility" comment hit me hard.

Great post Edgar. It made me realise how similar of an approach I'm taking. It's almost as though taking risks at this level encourages you to take further risks. This “risk slippery slope” has me looking towards further untested and unverified drugs for anti-aging.

It would be great if C60 does indeed extend life dramatically but horrible bad if the other drugs I’m looking at taking kill off the positive C60 effects.

Would it be a stretch to call C60 is a gateway drug for health nuts? Hopefully people aren’t forgetting the combined effects drugs can have when taken in stacks... I know I am.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

A comment from someone who very early detected the C60 paper:

I am surprised to see how much C60 discussion has sprouted forth here. I would be personally more conservative about consuming the stuff myself until there is more data though.

#34 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

A comment from someone who very early detected the C60 paper:

I am surprised to see how much C60 discussion has sprouted forth here. I would be personally more conservative about consuming the stuff myself until there is more data though.

To each their own.

#35 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

There is for sure something c60oo is doing with melanin. I was taking Melanotan II 3 months ago and after the first initial dose I really notices a difference. Lot of people were asking me: has you been in holidays?
10 days ago I began again taking melanotan II, but instead of the desired effect nothing happened beside an upset stomach. It's not working at all. I took 9 days the initial dose every day, that's 9 times more than the first time 3 months ago.

Melanotan II is SQ, no? What doses of Melanotan II and C60 are you taking?

#36 Pour_la_Science

• 128 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

this site is buzzing with this new drug! :)

So, if this is just a placebo effect, I'll probably keep taking C60 for its powerful psychosomatic properties alone.

It isn't just a rosey picture however. I'm currently experiencing a strong negative effect, though I can't blame the C60. Turnbuckle coined the term "C60 arrogance" which is quite apt here.

Until proven otherwise, it IS a placebo effect. (and even Nocebo effect.

Great that you have followed people's reports in details; though we should compare positive results with non-positive results, and it would be nice to allow deeper judgement than counting all reports with the same weight.

A very wise advice. If I may, then I would advise also to eliminate the placebo effect at first, which is the biggest problem for this type of individual experiment.
Doesn't this stuff look like some other completely benign alimentary product ?. Maybe some persons could try to take one month the active substance and the other month the placebo, in a bottle covered with opaque paper maybe. (We could even do a 'wash-out' time between the placebo and C60...)

Edited by Pour_la_Science, 12 August 2012 - 06:45 AM.

• like x 1

#37 malden

• 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Im taking c60 for 10 days now its a miracle!

No just kidding, i dont feel a damm thing. Not less sunburn, or better atlethic preformance ect

To say it can not beat 500mg of good old resveratrol in all the mentioned benefits.

will make this botle up, and maby effect pop up later
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#38 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Im taking c60 for 10 days now its a miracle!

No just kidding, i dont feel a damm thing. Not less sunburn, or better atlethic preformance ect

To say it can not beat 500mg of good old resveratrol in all the mentioned benefits.

will make this botle up, and maby effect pop up later

Thanks for the report, malden. What are you taking? Sarah Vaughter's stuff, or something else? How much per day? Were you familiar with your athletic limits before starting C60, and have you tested those limits? How much sun exposure have you tried?

#39 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

Like Lister has mentioned, my skin feels much softer without being oily.

#40 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

I haven't read about the Alzheimer's treatment, but it sounds like people with the disease were not suddenly remembering things they could not remember before. With c60, humans are taking it and reportings positive benefits that are unlikely to be placebo. I'm not sure if the Alzheimer's treatment is a good example. Unless, a large number of patients were experiencing significant improvement, and it ended up not lasting, as the patients went back to their impaired states, and the disease continued to progress while still being treated. Perhaps something like this could happen with C60. Guess we will find out.

There are currently two cures for Alzheimer's.

Extra virgin organic coconut oil - see http://www.michaelmo...lAlzheimer.html
And high dose niacinamide - see http://www.michaelmo...Alzheimers.html - proven in mice.
The study on humans is in process at UCLA.
  • dislike x 2

#41 Louis

• 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

so far there is lots of talks but hardly any compelling effects and a large neglect of risks.

Really? Hardly any? By my count, there were ~ten reports of increased stamina, nine reports of weight lifters exceeding their previous limits, four or five reports of UV photoprotection, even two reports of hair growth. Although this is admittedly a growing collection of anecdotes, it's starting to get compelling, at least to me. Aside from Baati, fullerenes have been in a lot of animals of various species, and have even been approved as OTC pharmaceuticals in Ukraine, for what that's worth. (Not much, I admit.) I think that there was a lot of discussion of risks early on, but I think a lot of people have come to the conclusion that the risks are small. I agree that the risks are not zero. The risks of Statins aren't zero either, but that doesn't stop an awful lot of people from taking them.

The reports of hair regrowth in bald spots are particularly fascinating to me. Once a spot has been bald for many years, the hair follicle cells die off. All that remains are a hodge podge of inactive follicle stem cells. These inactivated stem cells can remain for decades afterward. In theory, if you can stimulate the hair stem cells to come out of their niches and differentiate/proliferate, you can regrow hair even in a spot that's been bald for decades. But there are VERY FEW ways to stimulate this kind of stem cell differentiation/proliferation. Activating telomerase in the stem cell is one such way.

If people are seeing hair regrowth in spots that have been bald for many years or decades, it hints that C60 is somehow stimulating differentiation/proliferation of stem cells. Simply reducing oxidative stress inside the mitochondria, e.g. the way endogenous antioxidants like catalase work inside the mitochondria, would NOT explain an observation like this IMO.

Absolutely fascinating.

#42 EEtanner

• 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Can all of the current experimenters please get a friend/family member an account on here so that they can update the forum if they get sick? Sorry, I'm not hacking on people experimenting -- that's good for the community as a whole. It's just that there is so much anecdotal evidence and no real data barring one study. I'm "one of those" people who immediately assume that if everyone else is touting the benefits of something unproven, that I should stay away from it; a contrarian.

#43 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Can all of the current experimenters please get a friend/family member an account on here so that they can update the forum if they get sick? Sorry, I'm not hacking on people experimenting -- that's good for the community as a whole. It's just that there is so much anecdotal evidence and no real data barring one study. I'm "one of those" people who immediately assume that if everyone else is touting the benefits of something unproven, that I should stay away from it; a contrarian.

Likely a good policy. It ought to save you some money, at least, if not from bodily harm. I made some money on the resveratrol craze by investing in Sirtris before GSK bought it out, but that gain has probably been negated by the expense of my resveratrol, and now C60, consumption.

#44 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

so far there is lots of talks but hardly any compelling effects and a large neglect of risks.

Really? Hardly any? By my count, there were ~ten reports of increased stamina, nine reports of weight lifters exceeding their previous limits, four or five reports of UV photoprotection, even two reports of hair growth. Although this is admittedly a growing collection of anecdotes, it's starting to get compelling, at least to me. Aside from Baati, fullerenes have been in a lot of animals of various species, and have even been approved as OTC pharmaceuticals in Ukraine, for what that's worth. (Not much, I admit.) I think that there was a lot of discussion of risks early on, but I think a lot of people have come to the conclusion that the risks are small. I agree that the risks are not zero. The risks of Statins aren't zero either, but that doesn't stop an awful lot of people from taking them.

The reports of hair regrowth in bald spots are particularly fascinating to me. Once a spot has been bald for many years, the hair follicle cells die off. All that remains are a hodge podge of inactive follicle stem cells. These inactivated stem cells can remain for decades afterward. In theory, if you can stimulate the hair stem cells to come out of their niches and differentiate/proliferate, you can regrow hair even in a spot that's been bald for decades. But there are VERY FEW ways to stimulate this kind of stem cell differentiation/proliferation. Activating telomerase in the stem cell is one such way.

If people are seeing hair regrowth in spots that have been bald for many years or decades, it hints that C60 is somehow stimulating differentiation/proliferation of stem cells. Simply reducing oxidative stress inside the mitochondria, e.g. the way endogenous antioxidants like catalase work inside the mitochondria, would NOT explain an observation like this IMO.

Absolutely fascinating.

C60 is thought to impact the health of mitochondria, which impacts the poliferation of stem cells--

Reviewed evidence suggests that mitochondrial function and integrity affect stem cell viability, proliferative and differential potential, and lifespan.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19563264

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, olive oil, arrogance, buckyballs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users