• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

PRL-8-53; was: PRL 8-147: The Most Powerful Memory Enhancer?

• Please log in to reply
1725 replies to this topic

#961 empedocles

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Might i enquire as to the buy in amount for this ? since the IDRA- GB is on hold i can release funds for this possibly
- Just re-read the thread pointless question , is there EU/UK distribution for this ? if so im interested (if $80 is the buy in)

Edited by empedocles, 02 June 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#962 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Might i enquire as to the buy in amount for this ? since the IDRA- GB is on hold i can release funds for this possibly
- Just re-read the thread pointless question , is there EU/UK distribution for this ? if so i'm interested (if $80 is the buy in)

Yes we are currently looking a Polish lab for the synthesis of PRL-8-53. The amount of PRL to be received (#g sample) is not set in stone but the $80 will be heavily leaned towards if we add in more participants. It all depends on the quote we get from our suppliers. In my previous post where I listed a possible scenario that is what it was a scenario but there are many ways this thing could go over that is just one of the better possible outcomes. We will be sure to keep you all up to date with what is going on ;)
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#963 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for your efforts Q DID IT! and ScienceGuy. I'm quiet shocked with Novochemy. This reeks incompetence, as they couldn't probably have been thorough enough in planning the synthesis prior to starting / undertaking this job, and misjudged their own competence / capabilities. Ahh, I really had hopes of getting the compound this spring, but now we're lucky if we get it before the end of fall.

I think your exaggerating a little.

We should probably be getting this late summer or early fall.

Edited by sparkk51, 02 June 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#964 jurassic

• 24 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm also in for the continuation, and thanks to organizers of this :)

#965 Perception-Is-Reality

• 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm interested in a share of this group buy, how may i join?

#966 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Count me in for this group buy. May everything works out

#967 kylehere

• 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Count me in also, if the price isn't too unreasonable.

#968 joostus

• 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Is there any more recent studies done on this compound? I ask because I only 1987 study by Hasl and references to study or synthesis articles. A quick glance through the ealier postst and most of them are blog articles which, I gues, are based on the Hansl study.

Anyone more information on the compound or any speculation why research was discontinued. I read earlier in the thread it was the lack of therapeutic effects and that it recentlenty got continued, any furter information on this? Or that Hansl started working on a more potent compount namely PRL 8-147 which after a quick scan doesn't bring much research aswell

The lack of studies in and outside of this thread is a little disrtubing, I have acces to most medical journals but I think most studies are university based and unpublished. If someone has more information or I skipped over earlier info in this thread please let me know.

#969 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Is there any more recent studies done on this compound? I ask because I only 1987 study by Hasl and references to study or synthesis articles. A quick glance through the ealier postst and most of them are blog articles which, I gues, are based on the Hansl study.

Anyone more information on the compound or any speculation why research was discontinued. I read earlier in the thread it was the lack of therapeutic effects and that it recentlenty got continued, any furter information on this? Or that Hansl started working on a more potent compount namely PRL 8-147 which after a quick scan doesn't bring much research aswell

The lack of studies in and outside of this thread is a little disrtubing, I have acces to most medical journals but I think most studies are university based and unpublished. If someone has more information or I skipped over earlier info in this thread please let me know.

There are only one study, one claim and one patent afaik, all the information is derived from them.

#970 Web

• 22 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Not to derail the group buy discussion, but I've been mulling over the possible consequences of a super memory, especially if most of our lab rats (mine included) are used to having average or below-average memories. My concern is that there may be possible psychological/emotional side effects. There are certain things in life that my lab rat is glad to have mostly forgotten, and the thought of him having a photographic memory of any future traumatic event, particularly when he's not used to managing these new memories, seems like it could cause potentially serious psychological issues, i.e. replaying the event over and over and not being able to control it. Any thoughts on this?

#971 FrankMH

• 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Please add my name to the list if there's space. Happy to help out where I can also.

#972 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Please add my name to the list if there's space. Happy to help out where I can also.

Got you both added :~ but go ahead and send me a pm also thanks.

Edited by Q did it!, 03 June 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#973 joostus

• 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Not to derail the group buy discussion, but I've been mulling over the possible consequences of a super memory, especially if most of our lab rats (mine included) are used to having average or below-average memories. My concern is that there may be possible psychological/emotional side effects. There are certain things in life that my lab rat is glad to have mostly forgotten, and the thought of him having a photographic memory of any future traumatic event, particularly when he's not used to managing these new memories, seems like it could cause potentially serious psychological issues, i.e. replaying the event over and over and not being able to control it. Any thoughts on this?

I think the chances that this particular compound will give you anything near a photographic memory is very slim. The research talked about an improved memory rentention of about 100-150% and an increase in memory aquition fo 30%. If I understand this correctly, this means that when on the placebo the the avarage of the individuals was 6 words rentention after 24 hours, on PRL 8-53 it would be 12 words (after a 24 hour period). This isn't anywhere near a photograhic memory. But this was with 5mg doses, so maybe higher doses or a combination with something like ampkamines can bring you closer. No side effects where reported with this dosage, on the one hand this is great on the other hand I find this odd, even with a placebo you expect atleast some individuals reporting side effects.

Another point which I think is a bit strange is, that if this compound really work better on older people as mentioned in the article, it is weird it didn't/doesn't get more attention from an anti-alzheimer perspective. This could be a patent issue.
Furthermore I'm a but skeptic about the safety profile, I can't find any earlier rodent studies where this compound was tested upon (I must admit I don't have the incrediblie search skills (or the time) some forum members posses, I just scroll by medicle journals in the online uni libraries). But I guess even in the 70's proffesors wouldn't give there students an untested compound :-D .

Well, with the lack of studies there is only one wat to find out, try it ourselfs ;) .
  • like x 2

#974 In Theory....

• 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

I would like to participate, please count me in. Best of luck finding a new lab Q and ScienceGuy.

#975 Perception-Is-Reality

• 63 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

I would also like to participate, please count me in.

#976 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Got you both added :~ but go ahead and send me a pm also thanks.

Please also add me

Never mind. Just saw your pm. Thank you very much

Edited by Amorphous, 04 June 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#977 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread for a while -- would someone mind providing me with a quick update on the group buy? Weren't you guys originally going with a lab in China? What happened with that?

Thanks...

#978 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

Ok all potential spots have been called for. I do have a list of five that will have precedence in someone(s) opts out.

Edit: Just want to reiterate my self. The 25 spots are not a sure thing. What may happen is that we might be able to continue on with the original group with its budget. The new list of 25 has been made in preparation so that if the original group's budget is not large enough it will be a quick and easy thing to go ahead and collect the additional funds etc (avoiding the delay of making a list and such). Once a supplier and quote (price &/per grams) has been settled on we will know if we will be staying with the original group or making it larger. If say we can get 13g at our budget then we may just go with each member receiving 0.5g each (though a minimum of 1g per participant would be preferred ).

For now everything is just a possible scenario but they all end with the us having the PRL in hand one way or another ;)

Edited by Q did it!, 04 June 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#979 Perception-Is-Reality

• 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

May i be added at the end of the opt out line?

#980 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

I say include whoever wants to join and make a synthesis for the amount of money that is gathered. Everyone ends up happy.

#981 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

May i be added at the end of the opt out line?

Sure thing.

I say include whoever wants to join and make a synthesis for the amount of money that is gathered. Everyone ends up happy.

Way too much logistics wise with shipping and funds. If this works (the chem) we will find a online store like NewStarNewtropics to supply it.

#982 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Way too much logistics wise with shipping and funds. If this works (the chem) we will find a online store like NewStarNewtropics to supply it.

Or, we open our own store. Worth consideration, IMHO.

I only see the interest n nootropics growing. See, for example how many people are trying piracetam and the first compounds we, or at least I, used to try. Audacious as it may sound, we're the "entrepreneurial" force driving research into safe novel compounds.

Edited by yadayada, 04 June 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#983 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Love the idea. But of course legalities would have to be met. (sell itimes as research chems like NSN). But hey if this works I would be on board for this :cool:

I only see the interest n nootropics growing. See, for example how many people are trying piracetam and the first compounds we, or at least I, used to try. Audacious as it may sound, we're the "entrepreneurial" force driving research into safe novel compounds.

Agreed 10 fold

Edited by Q did it!, 04 June 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#984 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

Love the idea. But of course legalities would have to be met. (sell itimes as research chems like NSW). But hey if this works I would be on board for this :cool:

I don't see anyone else organizing group buys. As far as things are going it's not all that chaotic or reckless like some stuff on BL or designer drugs, bath salts, etc.
  • like x 1

#985 In Theory....

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Some initial investment you'd need though.

Ok all potential spots have been called for. I do have a list of five that will have precedence in someone(s) opts out.

Edit: Just want to reiterate my self. The 25 spots are not a sure thing. What may happen is that we might be able to continue on with the original group with its budget. The new list of 25 has been made in preparation so that if the original group's budget is not large enough it will be a quick and easy thing to go ahead and collect the additional funds etc (avoiding the delay of making a list and such). Once a supplier and quote (price &/per grams) has been settled on we will know if we will be staying with the original group or making it larger. If say we can get 13g at our budget then we may just go with each member receiving 0.5g each (though a minimum of 1g per participant would be preferred ).

For now everything is just a possible scenario but they all end with the us having the PRL in hand one way or another ;)

Would you tell me my status in the group then?

Edited by In Theory...., 04 June 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#986 phil8462643

• 113 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

better to have a group of 25 than 13, for research purposes. from what i have read about different results from different subjects!

#987 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

better to have a group of 25 than 13, for research purposes. from what i have read about different results from different subjects!

No you misunderstand. The "13" was 13grams divided between 25 persons.
  • like x 1

#988 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Ah crap... can't believe I'm gonna miss this one... again! :(

#989 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Q did it! Please let me know if I need to pay something extra (and if yes how much) in addition to funds I transferred in original group buy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#990 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

With 50 people, each can have 2g of prl 8-53, but with 25, only about 0.5g. The dosage is around 5mg to 100mg and its effect last about 7 hours.
0.5g may last for about 100 to 5 doses depending how the individual using it.
50 people is not much for the trial especially we are talking about the people from around the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users