NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2581 ADinHD

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

I've been taking this for 5 days and wanted to share my experience.
A little background, I'm 35, a little over 2 years clean and sober through a 12 step program and have been suffering from depression and cognitive as a result of heavy mdma abuse from 98 - 00. My problems started then and even though I abused drugs heavily after that, nothing seemed to cause the cognitive and depression issues the mdma did. Over the last year or so I started slowly slipping back into depression and my memory(verbal, short-term, working) has seemed to get much worse. I have been on Zoloft for 8 yrs and back on strattera for the last few months. The depression, anxiety and esp memory problems have only marginally improved. I heard about nsi189, and after careful consideration, realizing it's not recreational and it has the potential to at least partially reverse some of the damage done, I decided to give it try. I started at 5mg 5days ago and have worked my way up to 15mg. starting at about day 3 I noticed an improvement in mood and anxiety and I'd like to think, memory. In fact the anti depressant effect has been profound and the last two days has been in complete remission. I am taking it sublingually. I take my sobriety cry very seriously and normally wouldn't even consider taking something like this but under the circumstances made an exception. I'm very grateful I did, the effect so far has been dramatic. Aside from feeling a little strange days 1 or 2 I haven't had any of the issues others seen to be having, anxiety, depersonalization, etc.
I am very very happy so far. I will update periodically as things go along.
  • Cheerful x 4
  • like x 3

#2582 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Nice to hear :)

Best wishes

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2583 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

As I take it longer I notice the most obvious effect is enhanced emotions yet it is also as if you are shielded from them.. as in I can still think very clearly and rational regardless of how emotional the situation is.  This seems to apply for my anxiety too.. which is very cool.

#2584 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

What do you consider 'heavy mdma abuse', if you don't mind my asking?

#2585 ADinHD

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hephaestus: 1-2 sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. From 2 pills to 4 pills until it no longer had any effect. A couple of episodes after losing effect with me taking 8 pills, one time 13 pills with zero effect aside from feeling out of it. I tried it a handful of times after with long stretches in between and there was hardly an effect. That led to other substances and then eventually and thankfully, sobriety.

#2586 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:22 PM

Ouch, glad you are doing better though.

#2587 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:18 AM

I've been taking this for 5 days and wanted to share my experience.
A little background, I'm 35, a little over 2 years clean and sober through a 12 step program and have been suffering from depression and cognitive as a result of heavy mdma abuse from 98 - 00. My problems started then and even though I abused drugs heavily after that, nothing seemed to cause the cognitive and depression issues the mdma did. Over the last year or so I started slowly slipping back into depression and my memory(verbal, short-term, working) has seemed to get much worse. I have been on Zoloft for 8 yrs and back on strattera for the last few months. The depression, anxiety and esp memory problems have only marginally improved. I heard about nsi189, and after careful consideration, realizing it's not recreational and it has the potential to at least partially reverse some of the damage done, I decided to give it try. I started at 5mg 5days ago and have worked my way up to 15mg. starting at about day 3 I noticed an improvement in mood and anxiety and I'd like to think, memory. In fact the anti depressant effect has been profound and the last two days has been in complete remission. I am taking it sublingually. I take my sobriety cry very seriously and normally wouldn't even consider taking something like this but under the circumstances made an exception. I'm very grateful I did, the effect so far has been dramatic. Aside from feeling a little strange days 1 or 2 I haven't had any of the issues others seen to be having, anxiety, depersonalization, etc.
I am very very happy so far. I will update periodically as things go along.

The first time I tried NSI-189, I was also taking Zoloft and Wellbutrin. I took it for about a month and a half until I ran out and didn't experience any negative side effects. As a matter of fact, it kept getting better and I really thought I had found something that works for my mental problems(anxiety, depression, and recurrent negative thoughts). The second time I tried NSI-189, with the help of Cerebrolysin, I had been off the Zoloft and Wellbutrin for a few months. Eventually I developed the same negative symptoms of anxiety that others have mentioned. It even overwhelmed the calming effects of Cerebrolysin, but not the mental clarity aspect. I first thought it was caused by inconsistent dosing, but after lowering the dose several times, I finally had to stop taking it. I will be going back on my meds for the fall and winter months and will resume the NSI-189 dosing then. For me, they seem to work well together. I also enjoy sobriety:)

#2588 oblomov

• 48 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

My experience with NSI-189 has been positive, with a few side effects that are worth noting.

I'm in good health, and exercise regularly (strength training, cardio).

I started taking NSI-189 nearly 4 weeks ago, 25mg QD, after purchasing the base from a trusted supplier of nootropics.

I've noticed significant elevation in mood, improvement in verbal fluidity, and greater concentration and focus.  My subjective experience was not a stimulated high, but rather a sustained mental energy.

I traveled for business this last month, so I took two 2-3 day "breaks".  Did not want to discuss with TSA officials why I was carrying research chemicals with me.

About two weeks in, I stepped up the dosing to 25 mg BID.  This seemed to produce some negative effects after about a week:
  1. The "sustained mental energy" was replaced a feeling of being overwhelmed, i.e. anxiety.  I found it difficult to get work done, and was easily distracted.
  2. In addition, I felt a bit of lethargy in the evening.  I wanted to sleep 9-10 hours a day.
  3. I began feeling itchy all over my body.  Scratching produced dermatographica, which I had not experienced before.  With the itching, dermatographica indicates a histamine overload.

I have stepped my dose back down to 25mg QD.  This seems to have ended the anxiety/lethargy rollercoaster.  I still have itching spells and dermatographica.

At the 28 day mark, I will stop taking the NSI-189 for at least 4 weeks, and I plan to resume taking it after this break.   

Overall, my experience with it as a nootropic has been very positive.  The effect is not subtle, but is easily discerned.  The subjective experience is more marked than that of "heavier" noots I use, such as phenylpiracetam and Semax.

Will cessation over a period of weeks produce withdrawal symptoms?  Will the positive effects on mood and cognition persist?  I'll record my perceptions here over the next several weeks.

#2589 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

For those who experience acute subjective effects from a dose (e.g. increased anxiety, stimulation etc.), do those effects generally last a few hours after dosing, or for the entire day?

I'm on my second day of ~15mg Phosphate (from teamTLR) taken orally with food. My anxiety is already so high that it's hard to separate from any NSI-189 effects, so I was wondering if any exacerbations were transient, which might make it easier to pinpoint.

Aside from that, I've noticed increased physical sensitivity/pain (including a headache today), possibly a little more mental energy, and a slight feeling of detachment (stuff is less fun ..).

#2590 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

I've noticed my facial hair itching and bothering me throughout the day after a 40mg dose in the morning. I should probably shave more often anyway.

Edited by hephaestus, 04 September 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#2591 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:28 AM

I enclose the invoice promised in this post. Thank you very much to everyone who contributed to the cost of the project!

Attached Files

• like x 2

#2592 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

I began feeling itchy all over my body.  Scratching produced dermatographica, which I had not experienced before.  With the itching, dermatographica indicates a histamine overload.

Tried three doses of 25mg over 8 days and I got the same thing. Very interesting. I am no longer taking it.

#2593 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

https://www.youtube....eRimKc?t=17m46s

at 17:46, on the slide in this video the molecule shown is different for NSI-189?

Edited by golden1, 07 September 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#2594 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

also thoughts on the histamine skin stuff:

histamine has links to neurogenesis

https://www.google.c...ne neurogenesis

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22893458

"Herein, we describe a unique role of histamine in inducing functional neuronal differentiation from cultured mouse SVZ stem/progenitor cells. This proneurogenic effect depends on histamine 1 receptor activation and involves epigenetic modifications and increased expression of Mash1, Dlx2, and Ngn1 genes. [...] We propose that neuronal commitment triggered by histamine per se or released from biomaterial-derived vehicles may represent a new tool for brain repair strategies."

histamine is also involved in wakefulness, something for me nsi seems very useful and unique at improving.

again just thinking.

#2595 oblomov

• 48 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

I began feeling itchy all over my body.  Scratching produced dermatographica, which I had not experienced before.  With the itching, dermatographica indicates a histamine overload.

Tried three doses of 25mg over 8 days and I got the same thing. Very interesting. I am no longer taking it.

Are you still experiencing the itching and dermatographia despite no longer taking it?

#2596 oblomov

• 48 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

"Herein, we describe a unique role of histamine in inducing functional neuronal differentiation from cultured mouse SVZ stem/progenitor cells. This proneurogenic effect depends on histamine 1 receptor activation and involves epigenetic modifications and increased expression of Mash1, Dlx2, and Ngn1 genes. [...] We propose that neuronal commitment triggered by histamine per se or released from biomaterial-derived vehicles may represent a new tool for brain repair strategies."

histamine is also involved in wakefulness, something for me nsi seems very useful and unique at improving.

again just thinking.

I continued using it for a full 28 days despite the itching/histamine issue. For me, the benefits outweighed the side effects.  I will resume taking it after a 2-3 week break.

#2597 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:17 AM

I've only noticed it the same day that I take it. Any idea what the half-life is?

Edited by hephaestus, 08 September 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#2598 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Are you still experiencing the itching and dermatographia despite no longer taking it?

Yes, though at slowly diminishing levels. It's been about two weeks now.

#2599 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

again just thinking.

Interesting. Histamine is associated with anxiety too, the most commonly reported side effect of NSI-189. I wonder why only two people reported itching? Perhaps the inching is unrelated to NSI-189.

https://www.google.c...ine and anxiety

#2600 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:28 AM

I concluded my trial of NSI-189 last week, having gone through 1 gram of the freebase in about a month. Taking a week off made all the difference in reducing the anxiety. After starting back up again, I noticed a very obvious antidepressant effect an hour after dosing, which lasted a couple hours, until fatigue set in. After finishing the batch, I was pretty miserable for a few days, but now I'm feeling great. I can't conclusively say it's from the NSI, though.

Another side effect I developed, which I think is related to the itching and neuropathy others have mentioned, was the sensation of having splinters in some of my fingertips. I spent several days wondering how in the world I could've gotten so many splinters, and why they were totally invisible, until I realized that this was more likely a side effect of NSI. I believe this is related to nerve growth, since other drugs which effect NGF and BDNF cause similar side effects.

• like x 1

#2601 ADinHD

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Just a follow-up on my experience with nsi. I posted about a week ago, and provided some background about myself and why I was trying this(significant memory, cognitive and mood problems resulting from heavy MDMA abuse in the late 90's). Things are going very very well. The depression and anxiety have lifted.  Not manic, just normal. I feel more normal than I have in many years.  It feels like the heavy fog in my brain has lifted. My short term working memory and verbal fluency which were badly affected have dramatically improved. I can now have a normal conversation without saying umm every 3 words, garbling my words, mispronouncing words, forgetting what I am talking about or what the other person is talking about. This has been dramatically improved. I can say that it is the best it has been in 15+ years. Not an exaggeration.  People I talk to at work or friends look almost amazed when I talk without stammering or garbling my words or forgetting what I am saying.  Not like look at the crazy guy, but holy ****, who is this.  My wit and creativity have returned and I can now talk cr*p with the guys at work and not just sit there and laugh and not have any response when they joke around with me.  In fact some of the guys who borderline bullied me because they knew I wouldn't have any comeback now don't even bother because I can crush them.  I feel in many ways like my old self again.  Not 100%, but dramatically better.  I really hope this is permanent, because the effect so far has been what I would call miraculous.  I also started playing brain n back for android 3 days before I took my first dose of nsi.  I had never played before, and I know 3 days isn't enough time to establish a baseline, but the nsi certainly hasn't made it worse. I just broke through to n =5 yesterday!  Here is a chart of my progress. Each vertical line being one day.  I started taking NSI on september 31.

I know this isn't scientific at all, but anecdotally can be considered interesting.

Attached Files

• like x 10

#2602 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

ADinHD, your post is good news to me. I have the exact same problems with conversation that you described, particularly not being able to come up with anything to say. This is the #1 reason I began my nootropic quest. I have been taking NSI for 2 weeks now and hope to achieve the effects you got from it. I also have a pretty extensive history with MDMA but I have had these speaking problems since childhood. Anyways, I hope you keep doing good.

#2603 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Is there any suppliers that selling not real NSI-189?

#2604 flurr

• 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

Thinking about starting a cycle of NSI soon for the first time. Anyone have experience or anything to say whether it might be a good idea to stack it with Mr happy stack? (Uridine + cofactors). Been on the Uridine for a while and seeing good benefits from it. My guess is that it wouldn't be a problem and potentially synergistic as it provides building blocks for the neurogenesis.

#2605 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

how does phosphate NSI-189 smells like?

Edited by Edogawa Rampo, 15 September 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#2606 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

Is it possible that BZP is one of NSI-189's metabolites? It seems like there has been some interest in BZP as an antidepressant before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fipexide

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Befuraline

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Piberaline

https://www.erowid.o...p_article1.shtm

Edited by Fenix_, 16 September 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#2607 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

I'm nearing the end of my 1g of NSI-189 phosphate (purchased from teamTLR). I began with about 20mg qd orally, and finally moved up to 40mg qd orally (always with food) a week ago. The only other supplements I take regularly are Magnesium Threonate, Melatonin (which does exacerbate my depression, but which I require to sleep), Vit A, glycine for sleep. 

Results have been mixed. Here are some observations:

* Intense headaches for 2-3 days after beginning. Coincidentally or not I started eating a lot more eggs after that and the headaches disappeared.

*I didn't notice much acutely on the 20mg dose, aside from some increased alertness and clearheadedness. When I upped to 40mg, I felt physically calmer and happy at times, though still quite mentally anxious. The biggest benefit has probably been an improved stress response, i.e. things like arguments, noise etc. have less of a lasting impact on me.

*Too strong to mix with caffeine. Mixed quite well with 7,8-DHF. Resistant starch potentiated it way too much. 

*Sleep has been fragmented with very intense, vivid, cinematic dreams. 

*I do notice memory improvements: memories are easier to access, and visualization has improved .. I feel like I can 'enter' lost memories and recover small details. 

Unfortunately, I've missed the sense of *joy* and *excitement* others have reported. There were a few days where I felt more happy and resilient, but there wasn't too much in the way of anhedonia improvement. In fact, I've felt stimulated but quite empty/mechanical frequently, and stopping 7,8-DHF a few days ago has induced some kind of withdrawal which the NSI-189 isn't really alleviating.

I have some Tianeptine and Coluracetam which arrived from tht, and which I'd like to try in combination with the NSI-189 to see if they help the anxiety side of things a little more. Can anyone relate to my experience, however? Would it possibly be worth trying the allocated 40mg b.i.d. next time?

• like x 1

#2608 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:13 AM

Saw this in Science. Looks relevant:

A Price to Pay for Adult Neurogenesis   : "adult hippocampal neurogenesis may also promote forgetting"

links to

Hippocampal Neurogenesis Regulates Forgetting During Adulthood and Infancy

"Throughout life, new neurons are continuously added to the dentate gyrus. As this continuous addition remodels hippocampal circuits, computational models predict that neurogenesis leads to degradation or forgetting of established memories. Consistent with this, increasing neurogenesis after the formation of a memory was sufficient to induce forgetting in adult mice. By contrast, during infancy, when hippocampal neurogenesis levels are high and freshly generated memories tend to be rapidly forgotten (infantile amnesia), decreasing neurogenesis after memory formation mitigated forgetting."

Perhaps people feel that PTSD symptoms are reduced simply because they are forgetting that as well as a bunch of other stuff.

A 20% increase in hippocampal neuron development seems like a pretty serious hippocampal remodeling which implies an increase in forgetting because neurons are being rearranged/reconnected rapidly.

• like x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#2609 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hello. What do u guys think? Is it worth to test it on my negative symptoms (apathy, anhedonia, avolition, no positive symptoms)? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2610 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hello. What do u guys think? Is it worth to test it on my negative symptoms (apathy, anhedonia, avolition, no positive symptoms)? 

try it...it changed my life!

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)